Light In The East: Civs Of The Orient(And Beyond)

Congratulations!

Been awaiting Sri Lanka for a long time, and I am most certainly excited for any and all of your future mods. Will give them a test run as soon as possible, any information on their events and decisions beforehand?

Decisions are there, but events are being worked on since they are really really tough to do.

And... you just broke my myth....
Also, nice civ. I don't think ill play with it(its not exactly my style) but ill download it because the art is great. :D
(One thing: who made the icons? Three people are credited with artwork.)

Decisions are there, but events are being worked on since they are really really tough to do.

I don't have any Unique Decisions :(

Spoiler :

Attachments

• sri lanka dec.jpg
    sri lanka dec.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 507
Sri Lanka is pretty dang cool. The UA is really strong but kind of...incites greediness in looking for places to really make use of it to its fullest, since it's only okay on just little spots of rivers, so you're on a bit of a quest for a promised land of lots of river valleys, which end up super strong since normally they have big production problems. And the UU helps support it since eventually you'll run into resistance, and they excel at conquering the exact places you will want to settle. The second part of the UA and the UB are a little just there but they do evoke particular decisions to focus on faith buildings in your religion (assuming the UB counts those and not just Shrine/Temple/Monastery).

I had a particularly interesting game where barbarians were very rampant and I was kinda isolated by a bunch and the borders of a city-state, but taking the plunge to explore there with a settler led me indeed to what were pretty much the Tigris and Euphrates with Lake Victoria right there and I was all over that. ...But Germany was right there and took one of my prime spots, which signalled a push to start the war machine to get my UUs in gear, and it was a really interesting game since I was in a decently strong start but with definite challenges to overcome, as any good expansion needed to be functionally overseas and right in the face of somewhat militaristic powers.

...then the game crashed but well. It was cool! Kinda wish the decisions worked, that was a bit of a bummer, but I had fun nonetheless.

Just finished a game with Sri Lanka, and thy really are pretty damn enjoyable, especially on TSL with CulDiv. One thing that I noticed was that their UA only applies to river tiles - not those which have freshwater due to being near oases or lakes. It's not a huge thing, but it was interesting nonetheless.

I will check and see what's wrong with the Decisions.

Just finished a game with Sri Lanka, and thy really are pretty damn enjoyable, especially on TSL with CulDiv. One thing that I noticed was that their UA only applies to river tiles - not those which have freshwater due to being near oases or lakes. It's not a huge thing, but it was interesting nonetheless.

Yeah, that's intended actually, I was intending to make it as you mentioned but apparently it's not doable without DLL.

Oh God, I never ever ever wanna play against them. Ever. Awesome Civ, but that UA... free better version of a Hydro Plant in all your cities? A couple of decent locations and they'll be pumping out Wonders to the point where Rameses starts crying. Scary, d00d. Scary. =]

Criticism taken into account, r/civ said the same thing.

So yeah, should I just remove the river bonus or should I add something to replace it?

Replace it in my opinion. Just the growth bonus as a faith wouldn't be interesting enough :)

Maybe some 'nerfed' version, like, claiming some river tiles and randomly let 1 to 3 river tiles provide Production. Wouldn't have a clue how to code this though :p

Well, I intend to keep the bonus for Oases and Lakes, just the rivers are the problem because they are, as Scapegrace said, a free Hydro Plant in all cities. And I would really like to do something minor and simple, just don't know what. But the again, the update can wait unless everyone is too afraid of AI Sri Lanka :p

I'd limit it somehow but keep it somewhat similar. Like...

"Luxury resources on freshwater tiles yield +2 :c5production: production."
"Upon claiming a freshwater tile, receive a boost to :c5production: production in that city."
"Improvements on freshwater tiles yield :c5production: production equal to their base yield"
"Upon constructing an improvement on a freshwater tile, receive a boost to :c5production: production in the nearest city."
"Freshwater tiles yield :c5production: production when constructing :c5faith: faith or :c5culture: culture producing buildings"

Ideas in bold work best with the other uniques. Though they all synergise pretty well I think.

Thanks! Happy to help as always!

Top Bottom