[GS] Lily Lancer's Rule Set For Gathering Storm

Lily_Lancer

Deity
I'd like to propose a rule set for the unbalanced game, to at least make it somehow balanced and fun.

My Rule Set:

1: Deity Difficulty with standard speed and standard map size, ancient start.

2:Loading saves/restart for optimization purpose is prohibited. Every decision cannot be undo.

3:Chop, harvest, removing features or pillage/plundering trade routes is prohibited. These actions yield too much and ruin the game. Except for using districts to remove features, since it does not provide yield.

4:No trade. You can only denounce or declare war with AIs. Making peace shall always be white peace that you don't take anything from the AI. Following such rules, delegations, embassys or open borders are not allowed since they are trading actions. This rule is set to avoid trade bugs that AI always undervalue/overvalue the value of things and let players easily grab amount of money. (or even their cities lol)

5:No neighborhood gold card. Captured units must be deleted instantly.

Attachments

• SULEIMAN 1 4000 BC.Civ6Save
    672.8 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

2:Loading saves/restart for optimization purpose is prohibited. Every decision cannot be undo.

3:Chop, harvest, removing features or pillage is prohibited. These actions yield too much and ruin the game. Except for using districts to remove features, since it does not provide yield.

4:No trade. You can only denounce or declare war with AIs. Making peace shall always be white peace that you don't take anything from the AI. Following such rules, delegations, embassys or open borders are not allowed since they are trading actions. This rule is set to avoid trade bugs that AI always undervalue/overvalue the value of things and let players easily grab amount of money.

1. The game is already balanced at around king or emperor. Deity actually makes it easier (your point 4). There's little difference between AIs starting with 2 or 3 settlers. Anything beyond 1 is favoring the AI.
You didn't address the biggest culprit of all - multiple city states of same type.

2. You can already find a good city spot regardless of spawn location on 99% of maps, provided you're willing to move.

3. Chop and pillage yields are already in-line with alternatives. Download the latest patch. Also not all city locations can chop, which is already covered by your point 2..

4. Trade is hardly broken, AIs offer fair prices and barter items. Stop playing deity, because AIs are swimming in cash.

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 2.20.59 AM.png

No chopping, no pillage and plundering (no trading) is really really slow compared with exploited games.

I got Janissary at T98.

But why do AIs not build walls on the new update???

I'd like to propose a rule set for the unbalanced game, to at least make it somehow balanced and fun.

My Rule Set:

3:Chop, harvest, removing features or pillage is prohibited. These actions yield too much and ruin the game. Except for using districts to remove features, since it does not provide yield.

4:No trade. You can only denounce or declare war with AIs. Making peace shall always be white peace that you don't take anything from the AI. Following such rules, delegations, embassys or open borders are not allowed since they are trading actions. This rule is set to avoid trade bugs that AI always undervalue/overvalue the value of things and let players easily grab amount of money.

Looks like a bit of a multiplayer game...

1: Good players = deity+ challenge level
2: Cannot quit a game and rejoin before any turns already played
3: Ok this one is allowed but not that much used since it's online speed(less opportunities)
4: Of course you can help or be helped but still far away from AI level

View attachment 528556
No chopping, no pillage and plundering (no trading) is really really slow compared with exploited games.

I got Janissary at T98.

But why do AIs not build walls on the new update???

Sounds like a mp game played by a good player(stats wise).

Muskets are quite good since patch.

Great thread, Lily! It's nice to see you have fun with the game.

My personal ruleset is: play on King, but roleplay as the country you've been assigned. Deliberately play to their strengths, even if it isn't optimal play. Spam Holy Sites as Georgia and Khmer. Build Encampments as Poland. Get RND and IZs in every city as England. You know, that sort of thing.

It definitely makes the game more interesting and lets you develop a strategy while also providing some resistance from the AI. If you like a challenge, play on Emperor. Immortal/Deity is too restrictive in that regard and kills the fun for me.

Civ VI isn't a competitive game in single player, and it's best not to treat it that way.

3:Chop, harvest, removing features or pillage/plundering trade routes is prohibited. These actions yield too much and ruin the game. Except for using districts to remove features, since it does not provide yield.

4:No trade. You can only denounce or declare war with AIs. Making peace shall always be white peace that you don't take anything from the AI. Following such rules, delegations, embassys or open borders are not allowed since they are trading actions. This rule is set to avoid trade bugs that AI always undervalue/overvalue the value of things and let players easily grab amount of money. (or even their cities lol)

6: Conquered cities must be razed, instantly.

7: No settlers. If you capture one, delete it. Using it as a scout is also prohibited.

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 6.28.11 PM.png

SV T220. In fact I start building spaceport at T175, but you need to hard produce 8,100 production (1800+900+1500+1800+2100) without chopping in a single city, that's terrible. I underestimated the difficulty of this. Also, I don't notice that the LASER project need a spaceport, so after I finished those 8100 production at T208, I find that I can only build those laser projects at the spaceport city. I shall build a dozen spaceports instead of only one.

Also, I don't notice that the LASER project need a spaceport, so after I finished those 8100 production at T208, I find that I can only build those laser projects at the spaceport city. I shall build a dozen spaceports instead of only one.

I usually build only one spaceport in a fully developed city, since it can build a project every turn (in 10 turns after launching exoplanet expedition you'll have traveled those 50 years).

Building 2 spaceports instead of one reduces that time from 10 to 8 turns. Building 3 does it from 8 to 6. Building 4 takes the same time as with 3.

So... to shave 4 turns I don't feel it worth it to spend 3600 production in 2 extra spaceports.

I think that if your ultimate goal is the fastest time, as Lily plays, spending any amount of gold or production to shave even a single turn off victory is always “worth it”. Unless of course that production could have shaved two turns off if used elsewhere...

If you don’t care about that 1-2 turn difference then sure, skip it.

I am not a skillful player so I choose Immortal Difficulty

Agree, but I will load if I find out I forgot something should had been done

Mostly agree, sometimes chop/harvest a bit when I need the tile for wonder/district though

Mostly agree, but sometimes I am just eager for gold and try to get some

Can use neighborhood gold card but must finish it. Captured worker/settler for me is OK.

Actully I used the rule above playing many games. But with war it is still easy to win. In recent game I try to forbid myself from declaring war and conquering other cities. I found it to be more difficult than I had though. Even just to avoid a dark age.

Victoria’s rule set for SP
Do what you want until you no longer want.

This is sort of what happened to me in this game.
I just played up to turn 90 and started to get bored with the map and no longer wanted to play.
I may go back to it and finish.
I met 2 Science CS's, 1 Culture CS and 1 Production CS First so I had a nice boost.
I found the map to be somewhat isolated or safe, meaning, I just kept building settlers getting out 10 by turn 90 with a few more on the way.
My stats were horrible compared to LL though at about half the rate of spt and cpt and I didn't have nearly the Army.
I guess I could of warred it up but the map feels easy enough to just turtle up and defend when the Aztecs come calling.
You can't trade, chop, put in gold policy cards or make friends so that slows everything down but I see no reason why I can't win before turn 300.
I looked at LL's screenshot after my turn 90 and noticed they had about the same amount of cities and was eliminating a Civ around turn 103 but LL is a far superior player compared to myself.
I am pretty sure @DanQuayle would own this map but DQ owns every map I ever seen him play!

Top Bottom