Links to the Individual Civ Reviews - by Ision

Now that Ision is no longer posting I would like to know whether Zardnaar or Scoutsout will continue to review the civ's? I have really enjoyed reading the articles and have tried out a few civ's just because of what I've learned. These have been invaluable to adding to the game's enjoyment.

Mr. Hyperbole said:
Now that Ision is no longer posting I would like to know whether Zardnaar or Scoutsout will continue to review the civ's? I have really enjoyed reading the articles and have tried out a few civ's just because of what I've learned. These have been invaluable to adding to the game's enjoyment.

I hope they do, or maye others that know civs well could step in.. :)

I posted an article about Portugal in the Strategy Articles forum. Regardless of its intrinsic value, I hope it will at least encourage others to write civ reviews. This series of articles is too valuable too abandon, even without the guiding hand of Ision.

I was planning to continue but I've been busy/lazy and Civ doesn't interest me now. As far as I know Scoutsout was taking over "Ision" so if anyone else added reviews we could at least have them all linked to this thread.

Sargon of Agade said:
Has anyone done a review of the Zulu?

That was my next review. I've been lazy though and don't play civ much anymore.

I was just asking, as I saw the Zulu were set higher then the Mongols... I have played as the Mongols but have not played as the Zulu(except for at the very begining of my Civ3 experiance), I just wanted to know what justifies the Zulu as 2nd and the Mongol's as 3rd, I can guess the UU, but what exactly about the UU?

Sargon of Agade said:
I was just asking, as I saw the Zulu were set higher then the Mongols... I have played as the Mongols but have not played as the Zulu, I just wanted to know what justifies the Zulu as 2nd and the Mongol's as 3rd, I can guess the UU, but what exactly about the UU?

Thats Isions rating. Myself I beg to differ and rate them as a 3rd tier civ.

Zardnaar - just a wee appeal that these reviews continue. Personally I have found them tremendously useful, and have reshaped my approach to the game. Thanks to all who have put in so much thought and effort. I would particularly like to see a Russian critique, as I'm still unsure myself how I feel about the synergy of their traits and the relative power of their UU.

If Ision, Keirador, and your good self each haven't the time or inclination to do the remaining few, perhaps another experienced player might be prepared to undertake the task?

Albeit several months old, the Zulu vs. Mongol question above is an interesting one that I wouldn't mind an answer to also.

Cam_H said:
Zardnaar - just a wee appeal that these reviews continue. Personally I have found them tremendously useful, and have reshaped my approach to the game. Thanks to all who have put in so much thought and effort. I would particularly like to see a Russian critique, as I'm still unsure myself how I feel about the synergy of their traits and the relative power of their UU.

If Ision, Keirador, and your good self each haven't the time or inclination to do the remaining few, perhaps another experienced player might be prepared to undertake the task?

Albeit several months old, the Zulu vs. Mongol question above is an interesting one that I wouldn't mind an answer to also.

Just played civ in the weekend but as the Celts which have already been done. Hopefully I'll have some more but they've been put on the back burner.

I certainly understand that after a while even the great games wane in attraction, write ups do take a lot of effort, and it becomes laborious if your interest is running low to begin with.

Anyway, I just thought that I might just re-prompt this thought about potentially finishing off the remaining few, and also to let you guys know that you have provided valuable insight and that it's appreciated.

Cam_H said:
I certainly understand that after a while even the great games wane in attraction, write ups do take a lot of effort, and it becomes laborious if your interest is running low to begin with.

Anyway, I just thought that I might just re-prompt this thought about potentially finishing off the remaining few, and also to let you guys know that you have provided valuable insight and that it's appreciated.

To be blunt the ol motivation is running low. Ision started them just about a year and a half ago and I've been playing civ for a decade now. Might see if I can squeeze another one out in the next week or two.

Top Bottom