Live stream "Masterclass: Faction Strategies" Friday, Sept 26 at 2pm EST

Many useful things in this video. Note to self: Always sell Firaxite to Supremacy Brasilia, especially when they border you. Guaranteed quick game. :p

But seriously, good job Maddjinn.

Many useful things in this video. Note to self: Always sell Firaxite to Supremacy Brasilia, especially when they border you. Guaranteed quick game. :p

But seriously, good job Maddjinn.

Alternatively: Always settle in the frozen wastes. That way you don't lose any tasty tile resources when you put terrascapes on snow tiles. :p

Seriously: always put terrascapes on desert or tundra or other tiles that get bonuses from buildings.

Really glad to hear they're taking a look at the purity 1 explorer trait. That really needs a fix.

Intrigued by the puppeting/annexing change. Makes a lot of sense but on the other hand taking cities seems like its going to be a real hassle. Could be a real pain for domination strats....

Yah, as fun as it would be to run around with ~invincible Explorers the first few times, it looks very cheesy. It turns an unknown, dangerous Alien World that's difficult to explore into a petting zoo with free candy lying scattered around.

They must be too caught up in Firaxicon festivities to YouTube it. Twitch is the most horsehockye streaming video site I've encountered. Might be fine for North Americans with fantastic stable internet speeds, but for the rest of the world not so good.

looks like on twitch the admin can tick an option and it automatically uploads to youtube, so it makes me wonder why its not up.

I started to download pieces using this http://www.twitchtools.com/video-download.php
But each part is 700mB and only 28 min of the recording. Probably the combined download will be larger than the game itself to download

:D Finally nailed the proper VPN server to load twitch.

Gotta agree to the post that somebody wrote that we need tooltips for quests, I personally will print the quests or put it on my second screen but we really need it.

First stream I watch and I'm so hyped about it !

They must be too caught up in Firaxicon festivities to YouTube it. Twitch is the most horsehockye streaming video site I've encountered. Might be fine for North Americans with fantastic stable internet speeds, but for the rest of the world not so good.

It can be problematic here in California too, so don't feel you are alone.

So we learned that you can spam Biowells on the 3rd and 4th city ring to boost health if you need it, but I wonder: are there any other improvements that grant benefits without being worked?

Overall a very informative live stream. I wonder how many exploits MD found during the beta that were fixed without us ever knowing about them... :D

So we learned that you can spam Biowells on the 3rd and 4th city ring to boost health if you need it, but I wonder: are there any other improvements that grant benefits without being worked?

Overall a very informative live stream. I wonder how many exploits MD found during the beta that were fixed without us ever knowing about them... :D

Biodomes for their city HP increase. The Node as well, it should still heal nearby units.

Biodomes for their city HP increase. The Node as well, it should still heal nearby units.
That could be very interesting.
Imagine building domes on the outer rings to create a monster defence city. Trying to plunder the ones deep within your territory would be quite dangerous and time consuming for the enemy. :D

I haven't been able to watch anything on Twitch for several months, because of something they changed in their coding that makes it pause and buffer about once or twice a minute. I've tried all the various "fixes" I could find with a Google search and none of them help. I'm on a 3 Meg DSL connection, because that's the fastest available in my area. Before they changed their coding, I was able to watch any video or live stream in Twitch with no problem.

Please tell me someone is going to put this on Youtube soon. I can at least watch that at 480p with only the occasional buffering issue, usually near the end of a video regardless of the length. it always seems to be the last 10% of the video that it craps out on me.

The most annoying thing with both the Twitch and Youtube buffering issues is I can watch movies on Netflix or Vudu at 720p without ever having it pause in the middle to buffer again.

Yah, as fun as it would be to run around with ~invincible Explorers the first few times, it looks very cheesy. It turns an unknown, dangerous Alien World that's difficult to explore into a petting zoo with free candy lying scattered around.

I think changing the purity 1 bonus to "explorers take 50% less damage from aliens" would be enough. Explorers would be more resistant but aliens would still attack it, thus eliminating the exploit.

The resource bubbles are there. But nobody has been using them. One of the first live streams, showed the option, but if was not turned on. On of the screenshots released yesterday, shows them turned on.

Ones that had that same format for their tech tooltip

Array-1 launch radius
Academy-2 sci
Manufactury-2 prod
Terrascape-2 food,prod,culture
Node-healing
Dome-city hp
Biowell-health

All of that is in addition to their yield (what they give to the tile when worked)

Sucks to hear that so many people are having trouble with twitch. I've never had any problem with it, either the streaming or the on demand videos. Then again, Sweden has great internet infrastructure.

It was interesting to hear that every building has a quest associated to it to tweak in one direction or another. Affinities, virtues, factions, building quests. There's gonna be a lot of ways to tweak your game in one direction or another. Seems great :)

Sucks to hear that so many people are having trouble with twitch. I've never had any problem with it, either the streaming or the on demand videos. Then again, Sweden has great internet infrastructure.

It was interesting to hear that every building has a quest associated to it to tweak in one direction or another. Affinities, virtues, factions, building quests. There's gonna be a lot of ways to tweak your game in one direction or another. Seems great :)

Agreed. But it makes you wonder what the AI's stance is on all these options...will it make good choices for the AI factions? Hmm...we can only hope.

Top Bottom