Livestream #4, September 4th

Yeah, good job Pete. :goodjob:

We now know late game Harmony and all the virtues.

Yeah. A lot of cool info. I can just see all the strategies that will spawn just by mixing and matching the Virtues, and that's not even getting into the different techs or build orders.

I'm expecting a whole slew of strategy guides a month or two after the game is released.

Indeed, great livestream! Very informative.

So it should take all game to fill up 2 virtue trees. maybe more if you go for the tech virtue first. Many many ways to play the game. Still going to try for what I consider is the hardest victory in civ5 energy as a priority with culture the secondary.

I couldn't watch this one, but I look forward to seeing it tonight.

it was a very informative stream and i liked the anecdotes (agoraphilia *snicker* so thats what its called...)

only concern i have is still about "coherent values" -10% culture cost for virtues (Knowledge T2). When incremental cost increase for virtues is higher than 10% just taking the virtue gives a net loss (since all the successive virtues would be cheaper anyway if they were the 7th virtue taken instead being the 8th virtue taken.

theoretically:
30 -> 40 -> 55 -> 70 -> 80
nets 5 virtues without coherent values

30 (taking CV) -> 36 -> 50 -> 63 -> 72
nets 4 virtues + VC virtue + 24 culture towards the 5th.

Oh Pete, also you did forget to show Prosperity T1, 2nd row, 2nd column the virtue with the growth bar diagram as a symbol. Would you kindly tell us, what that one gives us?

I also picked this up from the live stream: the Master Control wonder gives +1 culture, +1 movement to worker units and free network building in city in which it is built. It costs 250 production. The node tile improvement (autonomous systems tech) gives +2 energy and +20 HP heal to adjacent units. Very interesting that there is a tile improvement which will heal your units.

it was a very informative stream and i liked the anecdotes (agoraphilia *snicker* so thats what its called...)

only concern i have is still about "coherent values" -10% culture cost for virtues (Knowledge T2). When incremental cost increase for virtues is higher than 10% just taking the virtue gives a net loss (since all the successive virtues would be cheaper anyway if they were the 7th virtue taken instead being the 8th virtue taken.

theoretically:

However it gives you kickers

What people dont seem to understand is that to get 10 level 3 virtues you dont have to fill level 1 and level 2. There are lots of virtues you can skip so getting those 10 level 3 virtues should not be that hard. The thing is that many of those level 3 virtues are not necessary that helpful in early or mid game.

For example in Prosperity tree you can get all level 3 virtues by taking just 5/10 level 1 and 2 virtues.

theoretically:

Sure, it's a loss at first, but 20 virtues later you will have more having taken it than had you not. The later you take it, the worse off you are. Likely taking it means you will have 2-3 virtues more by end game compared to having skipped it.

So the middle virtue (with the bar graph icon) on t1 prosperity was skipped afaict? Am I wrong? Shame as that was the only one we didn't know previously, according to Arioch's site.

Harmony late game look completely awesome!
That's it! I am going to go PAC harmony (if map have abundance of xenomass), finish the first tier of the prosperity tree then go to industry for the board synergy bonus.

So the middle virtue (with the bar graph icon) on t1 prosperity was skipped afaict? Am I wrong? Shame as that was the only one we didn't know previously, according to Arioch's site.
You are right. But it was shown in other video (for only 2 frames), it's +30% to outpost development speed. (name is unknown though)

Top Bottom