- I wasn't actually expecting PotatoMcWhiskey in person in the livestream. That was pretty cool of them;
- The short historical introductions (Is that Andrew narrating?) are a good addition. It's great they listened to our suggestions in that regard;
- I am pleasantly surprised by the uniqueness of Ludwig's ability and the potential of such outside the box gameplay this late into Civ 6;
- I think they made it clear we're getting news regarding Civ 7 sooner rather than later (at least I interpreted the intro that way).
Meh or not so positive:
- I'm not a fan of abilities which a) trigger rarely, b) are passive, and c) the AI has no idea how to make use of them. Sejong somehow manages to score on all three
. There's only six triggers throughout the game, and there's not much strategy involved in deciding when to trigger a tech from a new era because playing as Korea you're already focused on Science and Seowons, which means your Science is likely to be close to optimal at all times anyway. So it all seems to boil down to "can't forget to slot Rationalism / finish that Seowon before completing the new era tech."
It's so dull. Will be looking forward to a rework;
- Theodora's ability is alright. I'll still be looking for something more creative to appear in the workshop though. I like the farms bonus more than the culture to Holy Sites, because it works as extra encouragement to get your population up, which synergises well with a religion-oriented gameplay. Culture from Holy Sites is a bit dull imo (It's strong, of course, but playing as Byzantium you'll probably be able to grab Choral Music).
E.g. +50(+100%?) Tourism from Relics, -25% (-50%?) from other sources. Tourism output from Relics is not diminished by other civilizations who have researched The Enlightenment civic. Gain a Relic upon constructing a Hippodrome.
- Ludwig's agenda is silly and an example of why people get annoyed at the Agenda system. It just feels like random nonsense (doesn't like civs who fill all the District slots, if I understood it correctly).
Just wait for a rework. Shouldn't take long.
I think the fact that Ludwig's unfinished wonders do not incur GPT is a missed opportunity. It plays incredibly well into the theme of Ludwig as someone who can bankrupt the entire nation on wonders. Also, trading gold for culture is something incredibly unique, and also well-designed asymmetrical abilities always tend to be well received.
I love that! It literally just needs a gold penalty equivalent to the culture bonus. So you'll still want to spam unfinished wonders, but with a bit more care and strategy.