Livestream #4, September 4th

Sure, it's a loss at first, but 20 virtues later you will have more having taken it than had you not. The later you take it, the worse off you are. Likely taking it means you will have 2-3 virtues more by end game compared to having skipped it.

that just does not turn out mathematically if you calculate it through. If virtues get exactly 10% costlier every virtue you take you just loose the time it took to get the virtue. But if virtue costs increase at more than 10% for every successive virtue (which i think is accurate in Civ5), than you even loose a fraction of a virtue additionally to the opportunity cost.

Its true that the virtue counts towards kickers (+- without increasing successive virtue cost) but thats a small compensation only, compared to what other virtues yield. You might need to take it though to progress farther down. And its right that if you have to take it, then better take it early.

Harmony late game look completely awesome!

Agreed! I think Firaxis did an amazing job with all 3 of the affinities, both in the art department as well as developing their gameplay strategies. I seriously want to play all 3 because they look to be amazingly fun to play in their own unique ways!

I like what they did to the knowledge tree, giving you strong late game virtues at the top of the tree. You will develop slower early but then late game you will quickly catch up to those who went early prosperity or industry, and probably even surpass them...provided you can survive long enough.

Also, I really hope that on deity the AI and aliens will take advantage of your military weakness if you choose to forgo the might tree.

Wondering a couple things:
Does Adaptive Sciences apply to affinity techs already researched?
Does Gift Economy apply to station trade routes? (Doubtful considering the Industry virtue that applies only to stations.)

Does Gift Economy apply to station trade routes? (Doubtful considering the Industry virtue that applies only to stations.)

They made a point of mentioning that Adaptive Sciences does NOT backfill, so grab early for maximum effect.

Probably not, things often don't apply to previous techs/virtues, etc.

If that beautiful selection of music at the start is from BE, then some of it brilliantly outshines anything else in the series before and since (and possibly including) Chris Tin's Baba Yetu.

Also: information overload! Whew!

Did anyone catch what you could do to speed up the transcendence victory?

After some amount of time having the Mind Flower built, you win transcendence. By building 'Mind Stems' in your cities, you can shave some time off.

Ah, thanks. Do you think the same city can build many mind stems like boosters for civ v science victory, or do you think it is one stem per City which would encourage playing wide for harmony?

Nice video. As a South-East Queensland resident, it was bizarre to see a Polystralian city named Jimboomba. Bogans surive the Great Mistake it seems.

Ah, thanks. Do you think the same city can build many mind stems like boosters for civ v science victory, or do you think it is one stem per City which would encourage playing wide for harmony?

They are buildings.

i wonder if the +% damage vs alien life forms also applies vs harmony alien units

also that music i think sounds like it would be the main theme

cakes, i dont think so. Otherwise playing harmony could be a massive turn off if you face purity oriented civs.

And really, the more i see of that civ BE, the more i see a lot of possible strategies.

I mean, you can aim at getting the finisher of might with just 8 virtues. Which means, you'd get something like +30% strenght overall. So, a quick powerfull game changer.

I'm especially interested with that investment perk. I want a taste of sweet energy OPness !

cakes, i dont think so. Otherwise playing harmony could be a massive turn off if you face purity oriented civs.

And really, the more i see of that civ BE, the more i see a lot of possible strategies.

I mean, you can aim at getting the finisher of might with just 8 virtues. Which means, you'd get something like +30% strenght overall. So, a quick powerfull game changer.

I'm especially interested with that investment perk. I want a taste of sweet energy OPness !

If you go straight for the last one in might
+10%
If you only get 8 might virtues, you only get the first bonus (5virtues, +5%)
For total of +15%

With 2 more you can get 10 might virtues for another 5% (total 20%)

Personally I'm not a fan of investment. Resources are meant to be used, not to be hoarded.

Sometimes I had to stockpile some gold to upgrade troops, but it looks like upgrade comes free with affinity level.

Personally I'm not a fan of investment. Resources are meant to be used, not to be hoarded.

I think the whole point is to make saving your energy a worthwhile strategy instead of "spending as soon as you got it" the only option. It is meant to add more strategy.

Top Bottom