[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

His culture victory was so strong because AI allowed him to have a ton more cities than the Emperor AI, exploiting Maori yields. Quite sad that AI still cannot cope with water inbetween small landmasses efficiently.

but if it's going to spend it on building dozens of support units
One suspects they were upgrades, the AI is good at upgrading... but then it would be a lot of Rams
Seaport is pretty strong as is. No surprise there. More power for other buildings.
Seaport earns more than a powered stock exchange typically.
What makes me laugh is the Cardiff CS allows your harbour buildings to provide power....!!!! ... So this is how apostles cast lightening attacks, trained by Mr Tesla in a coracle. More seriously, See Cardiff and start building factories in your harbour cities.
right now they are the most useless T3 buildings in my opinion (ref stock exchange)
Agreed, science/culture/gold T3 buildings just do not deliver, even buffed... just the IZ adjacency makes for some interest, also amenity buildings. TBH do you need science/culture/gold by that stage of the game?
It is the dullest.
SV is the dullest if you close your eyes and click next.... try doing a fast one and it takes a lot of planning, it is a completely different game.This is why we get discrepancy in viewpoint. CV gets more complicated if you want to go faster but not as much as science... CV has more variation though so both can be really challenging... look fanatics, we all agree that after T20 you have won... so it is about speed to make them challenging, just like playing golf. The longer game is pure immersion... which is cool and I do play it quite regularly, up to nukes anyway.
A lumbermill is worse than the unimproved forest. At least until Steel
Yes, playing Maori, you have more production up front and little use for builders beyond chop... if you want to chop. It is going to be a very different dynamic which is why I want to try a fast CV and then a Toa invasion with them. Will probably feel like invading with India. I really wanted them to heal a bit like Scythia from eating their opponents... not really PC though.

Last edited:
Oh, he did decide to do another game. He said he was going back to whatever he was streaming before he got GS until the livestream embargo dropped.

That's why he was streaming BattleTech yesterday in what would otherwise be his Wednesday Civ stream. I don't think he said that he wouldn't be uploading any more prerecorded videos.

Haha, he replied to my comment :p

That's why he was streaming BattleTech yesterday in what would otherwise be his Wednesday Civ stream. I don't think he said that he wouldn't be uploading any more prerecorded videos.

I understood him to be saying he wouldn't be making any more videos until then either. Not complaining though.

I see Quill is continuing to utilize his patented "avoid settling natural wonders" strategy. I thought having the tile yields on would help, but no.:hammer2: At least it's on Deity..

Marbozir posted another video about his phoenicia game, this one about canals. He's building a canal in a newly founded city using charges from military engineers, each charge is 20% and they have 2, so 40% per military engineer. Not that amazing, but it got me thinking that England's Workshop of the World 100% bonus to military engineers, +2 charges is actually going to be pretty amazing if you're the builder type.

They could just put in something like total city loyalty pressure +50% on deity. Which basically means the AI cancels out AI but human player has much harder time with things.

I like this idea. Instead of giving more bonuses of more settlers and such, they could penalize loyalty and make harder for the human player to hold the empire together. If the AI cannot be smart enough to play the war game well, at least that would make harder for the human player to go on a snowball and win easily.

There is already many (misguided) complaints that loyalty makss warring unnecessarily difficult, complicated, and limited.

There is already many (misguided) complaints that loyalty makss warring unnecessarily difficult, complicated, and limited.

People who don't want to deal with loyalty challenges, though, wouldn't have to play at Deity.

Haven't really seen anyone playing Hungary. Has anyone seen Hungary stream? Not too many Ottomans either, except Marb did a short video with them.

Haven't really seen anyone playing Hungary. Has anyone seen Hungary stream? Not too many Ottomans either, except Marb did a short video with them.
Koinsky is playing them, but it's in French.

Does anyone good at this game have a YouTube channel? I mean, they ain't terrible, but they are kind of ham-handed.

These guys seem frequently stymied and surprised by goings-on, and make lots of simple mistakes.

That title screen looked weird for some reason. The others seem okay.

Watching Quill's 2nd video of Maori. Shows how a bad start can affect the Maori. Though it's not super bad, but so far, I'm not seeing a lot of settling places. Compare this to Potato's game where he had a billion places to settle. One difference is the latter had island plates map and Quill is on archipelago, Quill may be on small as well. I will be surprised if he wins that game on deity. Though if he goes conquest mode, he can probably win, but that's a strange way to play the Maori.

I tried watching the Sweden one, let's just say I prefer certain streamers. So far I prefer Quill, Potato, and Marbozir. Though I often fall asleep during Potato's streams, but his voice is relaxing, so I mean that in a good way. And no Francés for me. I only know a little bit of Español.

no Francés
Français. :p Though given how other adjectives are formed in French, francé isn't actually a bad guess. :p EDIT: Actually, I believe francé would be a hypothetical past participle of a verb meaning "to Frenchify, to make French." :p

Top Bottom