[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Français

I was using the Spanish spelling of the word French. I don't actually know the French spelling, I'm assuming the quoted word is it. My French ability is about 0.

Intended or bug?

I noticed that, very strange. Funny Quill didn't seem to notice it. Seems like a bug. It was kind of funny.

Haven't really seen anyone playing Hungary. Has anyone seen Hungary stream? Not too many Ottomans either, except Marb did a short video with them.
Koinsky is playing them, but it's in French.

I've been watching Koinsky and it's ... frustrating. He plays super slow. He is already on his eight video and is only in the medieval era. He also had barbarians pillage tiles around his capital 4 videos ago and he still hasn't repaired them :lol:

Despite all of that it is still a good demonstration of what Hungry can do. Hungry's levying of city state troops ability is super strong. I think they would do well as a heavy gold focused civ (levying troops can be expensive) and going for either a domination or diplomatic victory.

Does anyone good at this game have a YouTube channel? I mean, they ain't terrible, but they are kind of ham-handed.

These guys seem frequently stymied and surprised by goings-on, and make lots of simple mistakes.

PotatoMcWhisky is pretty good. He regularly wins on deity. He does make mistakes from time to time but everyone does. It's also easier to spot mistakes when you are only watching instead of playing.

His Maori game is going just as well.
Yikes. Not only could he be banking another 6 culture per turn with Pingala, he's sawed through a full builder (3 charges) creating fisheries he'll never need (lower screen) while leaving 3 lux resources unimproved (upper screen) :hammer2:.
Spoiler :
FishHappy.jpg

Yikes. Not only could he be banking another 6 culture per turn with Pingala, he's sawed through a full builder (3 charges) creating fisheries he'll never need (lower screen) while leaving 3 lux resources unimproved (upper screen) :hammer2:.

Dude likes Fisheries. Don't judge. :cool:

I wish I could play Solar Gamer's Sweden game. Dem flood plains. Unf!

Also, I notice the description for Open-Air Museums doesn't indicate that the Tourism comes at Flight. I wonder if that's an oversight or if it actually begins (in the Industrial Era, alas) with the Tourism.

Last edited:
It's frustrating to watch people play the game like they are drunk and/or high while you're chomping at the bit to play it yourself.

And that's the idea. Somwhere (I guess it even was in this forum) I've read, "Let's Players" are not supposed to play optimal so that the spectators feel motivated to play themselves and do it better.
It seems to work ... :D

His Maori game is going just as well.
He was in an unnecessary rush to settle, I'll give that. The spot he chose... One hex over and he'd have had a +5 adjacency harbor spot, and great fishing boat locations.

As it is, his capital doesn't have a lot to work with on sea or land, long term its very, very mediocre.

Top Bottom