[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Seriously, Potato's video is the best one yet for showcasing Mali.

He’s definitely one of the better Civ players.

I’m definitely starting to become fan of Pingala early on which is confirmed by his Mali game
Ok his starting promotion is pretty garbage early on but the 2 2nd tier ones are great. I think Faraxis did a good job on the governors.

I’m definitely starting to become fan of Pingala early on which is confirmed by his Mali game
Ok his starting promotion is pretty garbage early on but the 2 2nd tier ones are great. I think Faraxis did a good job on the governors.

I'm considering increasing the value of an early monument to accelerate Pingala + 1 promotion. Without a monument the civ wouldn't have enough culture to bang out x2 titles early enough.

I guess it depends if your lucky enough to meet a Culture or industrial CS to speed along the process.

REXing 4 pop cites packed like sardines within and around deserts looks to be fun with Mali. Those cities need such little input but can grant huge amounts of gold, faith, and trade routes.

There is Eleanor gameplay from PCGamesN (but no commentary for the majority of the gameplay). Also commenters question if NDA for playing as Eleanor has already lifted?

Edit: Also, Freleanor has Paris as capital.

Last edited:
I'm considering increasing the value of an early monument to accelerate Pingala + 1 promotion. Without a monument the civ wouldn't have enough culture to bang out x2 titles early enough.

I guess it depends if your lucky enough to meet a Culture or industrial CS to speed along the process.
I'll be buying monuments in most of my games ASAP. That will reduce the gold I can invest in units for early warring. It will however, get me to the right kind of units (horses and knights) quicker.

I haven't been a big a fan of Rome previous to GS. Not a bad civ with vanilla and R&F, just not as great as allot of posters regard them relative to the way I tend to play. Now, not having to spend gold on a monument for each city, frees it up for other matters.

"Oh no! Someone got Chichen Itza!" - Quill18 at 6:32 into his next video.

The AI saved him from himself.
Watch him try St. Basils there next. :rolleyes:

"Oh no! Someone got Chichen Itza!" - Quill18 at 6:32 into his next video.

The AI saved him from himself.
I suspect the AI may have prolonged the inevitable in this deity difficulty game.

I watched more, and it gets even more interesting. After saying "Oh no! Someone got Chichen Itza!," he goes on to say...

“That’s actually a wonder we were interested in. ‘Cause that’s the one that makes rainforest better, and we’re keeping our rainforest around in this game.”

This seems at odds with the visual record. 2 cities actually have a rainforest tile, but he'd have to destroy the tile to build the wonder.
Spoiler :
QuillArea1.jpg

Spoiler :
QuillArea2.jpg

Spoiler :
QuillArea3.jpg

Spoiler :
QuillArea4.jpg

Spoiler :
QuillArea5.jpg

I have 3 working hypothesi regarding this discrepancy:
1. He’s a multiplayer fanatic and doesn’t want anyone to see his best game.
2. He has a grand vision for this game with plans to send 2 or 3 settlers off to find an area rich in rainforest, settle, then build the Chichen Itza.
3. He has no idea what he’s talking about.

Last edited:
I have 3 working hypothesi regarding this discrepancy:
1. He’s a multiplayer fanatic and doesn’t want anyone to see his best game.
2. He has a grand vision for this game with plans to send 2 or 3 settlers off to find an area rich in rainforest, settle, then build the Chichen Itza.
3. He has no idea what he’s talking about.

4. He's role playing the spirit of Kupe who landed on a lush island of 5 rain forest tiles back in 3700 BC. He is both oblivious to the terrain settled by his descendants on other islands, or what progress has done to his own lush lands. Looking out each day to the east from his lofty palace and admiring the rain forest - the traditional Maori terrain. "Clearly all my scattered people have settled in such lush environs! It is the Maori Way that I have taught them.":crazyeye:

He's a variety gamer, plays a bunch of building and strategy games while also having to constantly talk to keep his audience entertained. I don't think it's that strange that his strategies aren't always coherent, I hear streaming can be especially mentally taxing.
This is perfectly fair but also very frustrating to watch. :p

4. He's role playing the spirit of Kupe who landed on a lush island of 5 rain forest tiles back in 3700 BC. He is both oblivious to the terrain settled by his descendants on other islands, or what progress has done to his own lush lands. Looking out each day to the east from his lofty palace and admiring the rain forest - the traditional Maori terrain. "Clearly all my scattered people have settled in such lush environs! It is the Maori Way that I have taught them.":crazyeye:
That must be when the plan was hatched :woohoo:.
Spoiler Lush island of 5 rain forest tiles back in 3700 BC :
PlanHatched.jpg

It's a display bug in the press build.
Yep, clearly i just needed to be more patient until he opened the actual City State window. I was just so excited to see someone stumble upon them and clearly be interested!

Top Bottom