1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Deggial

Deggial Emperor

... which you wouldn't work anyway.

2. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

You don't use districts?

I can definitely see this being nice for early game though... appropriate I suppose

3. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

I would say they're most useful in groups of 2 or 3, or also used as mentioned in areas that you won't use otherwise anyways to boost the tiles adjacent to a desert. Throw them down on any tile you're not planning on working, and a large desert suddenly now has some 2 or even 3 food tiles all of a sudden. Perfect especially if you have another UI that you can throw down on the other tiles, or at least just as a way to get some faith on the tiles just outside the desert.

Ziad likes this.
  4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Finally got a chance to see Marbozir's Hungary video. And to use one of his words, yeah insane. I'm tempted to play them earlier (though I will still do Mali first) before the nerf bat. Granted he was able to get 3 +1 envoys, but really he could have done a lot with even 1 city state levy. I was already pretty happy about Hungary in the game and how they were designed. It's why I wanted to see a video from them. I like their flexibility more than the Ottomans as well in terms of district building.

They are very map dependent, but on this particular map I would say they may even be stronger than civs such as Macedon and maybe even Scythia because of the no resource requirement for levy upgrades.

CPWimmer likes this.
  5. Kmart_Elvis

Kmart_Elvis King

Nazca lines look a lot of fun especially if you're Nubia or Mali with desert folklore.

Kjimmet, Siptah, Icicle and 2 others like this.
  6. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

And 6 unworkable tiles. Doesn't sound worth it.

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

If they were all flat desert, they weren't exactly workable to begin with.

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  8. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

There are better options with other special improvement types. I think you can probably get more than 6/6/6 out of 7 tiles.

Rather, I think the idea is to plant 1 Nazca Line in the center of a choice group of 6 workable tiles.

NegativeZero likes this.
  9. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Moderator

Livestreamers that put scouts/ships on Auto-explore make Bite a sad panda

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Aristos, Zaarin, Ondolindë and 6 others like this.
  10. Icicle

Icicle Prince

Can you build improvements in the 4th circle? Maybe that's where the Nazca lines go.

Depravo likes this.
  11. Trengilly

Trengilly Warlord

Nazca lines look pretty useless except in a few fringe cases. Actually I'm surprised they generate Food and Production . . . yes they look cool but we are just talking lines in the dirt! I expected more faith and some culture instead.

Zaarin, Krajzen and Siptah like this.
  12. Trengilly

Trengilly Warlord

He didn't prioritize Petra (spent time building a water mill first and didn't chop) and so lost it to the AI.

He's made several mistakes and is still doing well, but his game highlights how critical it is to optimize your limited early production as Mali until your gold and faith buying take over. He is also planning at least one industrial zone which I think is a mistake.

Petra is less useful for Mali than for other civs. They don't need production or the food for that matter. By mid game Mali is literally going to faith/gold buy everything.

Mali wants to ICS as hard as possible. They just need as many Subuga, Holy Sites, and trade routes as they can get.

13. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Sweden gameplay by SolarGamer.

14. Isengardtom

Isengardtom Warlord

He plays very slow. Just a warning because some here get frustrated about that easily

sonicmyst likes this.
  15. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

And he focused more in gushing over the graphics more than the actual gameplay.

16. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Too many for me. I don't want to get too burned out on gs anyways. Quill, potato, and marbozir is already a full time job as is.

17. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Prince

I've watched Quill's streams and enjoyed them, will give others a watch too but not as much, I want to keep some surprises for the release :) Thanks for sharing the streams, always happy to learn about new ones.

blackcatatonic likes this.
  18. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

The only one I watched is Potato's Maori game, and I stopped as soon as I started to feel a bit spoiled. I've enjoyed his videos on each new leader, as well as the official livestream, but I want it all to still feel shiny and new.

Like a GS virgin... districts flooded for the very first time :lol:

19. Red_warning

Red_warning Warlord

Imagine late game when you start unlocking tiles that are beyond city reach, you could really amp up your yields that way.

20. youngsteve

youngsteve Warlord

I believe you are talking about Quill18 as others are. You are all correct, he isn't the greatest player, but the really frightening thing is he doesn't have to be, & won on Deity in his first game on an expansion that is being previewed. If you are a better player than him where does that leave you, particularly as most people learn as they go on.

acluewithout likes this.