1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Now we just need the Chocolate Hills.

bite and KyivanRusCivPlease like this.
  2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Having seen Marbozir's Hungary video, I must say that this civ seems unstoppable - except if you kill it before classical. Who can defend against 10+ Swordsman with extra movement at turn 60-ish? Nubia?

Will get banned in every competitive MP game...

3. Weraptor

Weraptor King

laughs in Frederick

For real tho, does anyone know if Frederick's CS bonus applies to levied troops?

4. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

It'll probably get nerfed. Instead of free to update the units, it could cost only strategic resources, maybe with a 50% discount but still cost something. This way players will need to at least find iron and generate some. In SP players would be able to buy iron from the AI and have some fun but in MP nobody in their right mind would sell the iron.

Siptah likes this.
  5. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

I'm normally the champion and protector of city states everywhere, but if Matthias looks like he's pulling ahead with any CS near me, that CS is getting the Poland '39 treatment.

From the playthroughs, the Hungarian AI seems very aggressive, so it's probably a question of when, not if he will crapflood you with 5000 instantly upgraded CS levies. If you let him.

6. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

They were strangely docile with Potato in his Maori game. I really thought they would attack, they denounced him at the beginning. That would have been their only chance to stop his settling everywhere in the world and running away from the game. But doubtful emperor ai could have taken his capital.

Weraptor likes this.
  7. bbbt

bbbt Deity

I think talking and playing is actually more difficult than it looks. There was a reason they switched to having Carl play the games and the devs talk for the GS marketing.

CPWimmer and bite like this.
  8. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

Which stream is the Nazca Line from ?

9. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

A 50% discount on upgrades would be reasonable and fair. Then you still need to put in some resources and effort to upgrade the units, but you're still getting them for a fraction of the price, especially given that they're stronger than regular troops anyways. Even without any discount on upgrading them, the ability would be worth it for the envoys and the stronger troops.

10. Eagle Pursuit

Solar Gamer Sweden #3 @ 3:40 or so

bite likes this.
  11. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Nazca lines definitely seem weaker than other tile improvements like the Cahokia Mounds, but the fact that their default is only able to be built on flat desert, which have no yields anyways, means that they effectively don't take up usable terrain. And if you think about it, by default, one Nazca Line tile is worth +6 faith, just spread among the tiles around it. The real power to them is getting 2 of them next to each other, letting you double up the yields on the 2 tiles that border them. Doing that could actually give you a 2 food/2 production/1 faith flat desert tile, which would be even better if it had a resource on it. If you could actually create a chain of them all the way through a desert region, they can virtually turn the entire desert into a Petra-city, and can even have a minor effect on other tiles too.

12. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

Which is a positive when those are tiles that were being worked anyway, as you get the bonus yields without needing to allocate an additional population.

Nazca Lines might end up being an alternative boost for desert cities that don't get Petra, and could be particularly good at providing a faith boost to the non-desert tiles adjacent to the desert.

13. bbbt

bbbt Deity

Wait so could you make a circle of them and have like a +6/+6/+6 desert tile?

Kjimmet, Kmart_Elvis, Zaarin and 2 others like this.
  14. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Warlord

I also think that builders can make them outside boarders. It could allow tiles yet-to-be grabbed or outside the workable area to be "productive."

I don't think N.lines are great early game, but could pump faith and appeal late game.

For desert coasts which usually get seaside resorts, these could be great tourism boosts as trees are not an option around those parts.

WillowBrook likes this.
  15. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

The lines look cool, the best reason to build them.

So what's up with those barbarian encampments spawning so quick in Quill's Maori game? I've never seen fast barbarian spawns like that. That seems strange and buggy. And those skirmishers are kind of deadly, so the barbarian game in the mid game is a bit more dangerous than it used to be.

16. Eagle Pursuit

If Quill18 would drop a Pa or two out there in the hinterlands, he could keep those barbs from spawning so much.

Seek likes this.
  17. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

What makes you think that?

18. Red_warning

Red_warning Warlord

I always read it as nascar lines...

redfox85 likes this.
  19. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

Sure but you just sacrificed 6 tiles.

20. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Warlord

I had thought I heard it on one of the dev live streams, but I'll need to look into those videos after work to make sure.

Edit: The AI CS doesn't seem to be able to build them outside their boarders; so that makes me wonder if they are coded or can't.

@CPWimmer I can't seem to find the bit through the streams. Most likely they'll need to be built on tiles within boarders. My mistake.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019