1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 31, 2019.

1. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Quill seems to have founded another city with serious potential for 2 pretty nice fisheries! :sarcasm: He'll have to buy the 2nd, then 3rd tile for the yellow colored one though.
    Spoiler :
    Fisheries4.jpg

EDIT: PS, that Hungarian levy thing is off the charts.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Hmmm I definitely saw them in the desert, sorry I led you astray.

3. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Depravo likes this.
  4. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Aaaagh, Quill is playing Maori on Archipelago and doesn't go for suzerainty of Auckland. WHAT.

5. Icicle

Icicle Prince

Please use trigger warnings for posts like this. :cry:

6. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

I think he's a food man.
    Edit: Wait a minute. He's settling allot of tundra. Scratch head.

7. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Poll: Which tile does Quill plan to build the Chichen Itza on?
    A
    B
    C
    Spoiler :
    ChichenItza3.jpg

Timestamp: 28:15

8. Monthar

Monthar Deity

Has anyone noticed how several of the folks playing the press build don't even bother with a government plaza?

9. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Is he trolling his viewers now? :confused:

CPWimmer likes this.
  10. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

I can see why you might think he's trolling his viewers, as the differential hypothesis that he doesn't know what the Chichen Itza does is almost unthinkable.

11. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I'm liking Koinsky videos because I need to listen to people speaking in French but he just spent 5 minutes trying to figure out where his city will get food from. I also play slow and overthink everything but I have to say, it isn't fun to watch.

How this people survived so far playing Civ without knowing and respecting the mighty of Auckland?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2019
    Depravo likes this.
  12. Trav'ling Canuck

Trav'ling Canuck Deity

On Deity, unless you mess with the game set up options, you can't reasonably expect to get a free Envoy. The ideal Hungary map roll will be the rare one where you start right beside a City State and luckily move your Warrior directly towards it before the mass of starting AI Warriors and extra Settlers reveal them all. Mind you, that's a lucky map roll for any civ, as it means bonus something in your capital in the very early going. Seems it's just even better for Hungary.

13. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

That floodplains area between two rivers looks pretty cool.

rivers.png

14. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

That's a pretty nice start all over. Did he start in that river bend, or did he have the good sense to move there?

One slight downer: I don't see any geothermal springs.

15. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

He moved there. There's a geothermal off-screen, west of his capital. Hungary probably have a bias to start near a geothermal.

Depravo likes this.
  16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Ed mentioned as much in the Hungarian livestream.

Zaarin and leandrombraz like this.
  17. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

Terrain looks gorgeous omg

Zaarin and ChocolateShake like this.
  18. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

I seriously don't understand people that raze cities because of loyalty. I don't get it. Marbozir could easily keep Lund and take Stockholm in time with his units extra movement and overhaul OPiness. He could also settle a city or two in range before conquering but that would take planning and he was more focused on testing Hungary for the video, so I understand why he didn't go for that.

The only situations I would raze a city because of loyalty (who am I kidding? I wouldn't raze under any circumstance) is if I really don't want or I can't conquer fast enough another city to estabilize loyalty but in that case, I wouldn't have conquered any city in the first place. Either attack in force, meaning to take a hold or don't attack at all.

Don't raze cities because of loyalty, kids. Cool kids solve loyalty issues instead of taking the easy way out. :thumbsup:

Edit: Now he got Stockholm and he will lose it in 3 turns because he didn't keep Lund. It's a domino effect. You raze a city because you "can't keep it", then you can't keep the next because you got rid of a perfectly fine source of loyalty, so you raze it too, now you can't keep the next and so on into there's nothing left. Why?

19. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Warlord

Seriously, Potato's video is the best one yet for showcasing Mali.

Aside form going to astrology first (and realizing the mistake), his capital has petra written ALL over it and has huge faith and gold income early!

Just remember Mali is getting 49% production malus here instead of 30%, but they still do quite well.

Pingala 1st w/ culture was interesting and quick placing his UD was kinda funny.

Seriously, Potato's video is the best one yet for showcasing Mali.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Kjimmet, fatalitod, Seek and 6 others like this.
  20. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Pretty sure the city he razed even had the Hanging Gardens finished in it. I think he just didn't realize how strong extra strength swords were that early. Like, when he razed it, it was getting -11 per turn according to the tooltip. Parachute in a Governor, and now you're only at like -3. As long as it took him less than ~10 turns to capture another city or two, and there's no issue with loyalty at that stage of the game. Never mind that having a city around is nice to heal guys a turn or two faster, and that you can always go back and simply recapture it even if it flips.

leandrombraz and CPWimmer like this.