1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Livestreamer Previews Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Ah, you're probably right. Shows you how often I build or keep an eye on them now...:crazyeye:

2. pgm123

pgm123 Emperor

Those are new changes to the Aqueduct.

3. NegativeZero

NegativeZero Warlord

I think Nubia got an unintended buff in GS based on how their pyramids are worded.

"Must be built on Desert, Desert Hills or Floodplains."

I'm reading this as: Floodplains can now be found on nearly any terrain type adjacent to rivers which could let them be built in cities without desert tiles.

However, I could be totally wrong as it could also be read as desert or desert that contains a passable feature (hills/floodplains).

Edit: I specifically looked in the civilopedia for this and floodplains (in R&F) had their own tile. If they have not specifically changed this in GS, than Nubian pyramids could be able to be built on any floodplain terrain.

This can be quite a big boost to expansions as +40% production to districts (instead of 20%) is quite big for something outside of a desert. This could put them very close to Hungary's district bonus.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Meluhhan, Inawordyes, Zaarin and 5 others like this.
  4. Legacy of Smiles

Legacy of Smiles Prince

I'm pretty sure that the text is the same but there could still be the possibility for more floodplains.

5. Isengardtom

Isengardtom Warlord

Nice. He’s been streaming civ 6 for nearly 2 years so that’s well deserved.
    Also congrats on becoming twitch partner thegamemechanic !!

acluewithout and Seek like this.
  6. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

The change to Egypt was because ALL civs can now build on floodplains so Nubia is also affected.

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I probably would have preferred the resource requirement stay the same (full resource price) but keep the gold discount. But that might have looked weird. It's good to know though.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  8. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Yep. But in a way they are a small buff to Rome, as personally I tried to build a bath in every city because the housing and amenity bonuses are great. So keeping the same playstyle, I now get more amenities in some cases + protection from droughts.

9. pgm123

pgm123 Emperor

Fair point.

I wish we could build two-tile aqueducts. It would make them more available. The punishment of using up two tiles is enough to out-weigh any benefits.

10. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

I would be a bit more interested in a modern update for the district, with pipes systems which grant more housing and bonuses to farms, and yeah, maybe an extra district placement for making longer ones.

WillowBrook and anandus like this.
  11. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Black Death scenario screenshot
    upload_2019-2-13_22-21-16.png

12. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

AI finally putting up a fight in Quill's Maori Deity game. Video #12. He badly underestimated the Mali.

In the past I have seen Quill slice up cities with Frigate corps, not this time. Though I suspect the Mali had urban defenses. Their strength was only 75 (though that is higher than frigate corps). They did up the strength on walls and urban defenses, correct? I am guessing this is why Quill struggled with his frigates where in the past he would slice through AI cities on the coast. He upgraded to battleships, but he has no source of coal and he will eventually run out.

Mali just had way more units than him, and Quill just went too fast for city bombardment without taking out their military. Good to see AI Mali can defend itself halfway decent in the late game.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  13. Kibikus

Kibikus Prince

It looks like they've increased the CS from walls from 2 to 3 per level. Not much, but it adds up to +3 more with Renaissance walls.
    Walls.jpg

But yeah, it was good to see that Quill was punished for his usual sloppy plays by the AI and lost some units (although with the Battleships he'll probably destroy Mali).

14. Red_warning

Red_warning Warlord

If anybody wants to see what a worst case scenario natural disaster looks like then check this out

Also, seems to me that the Swedish palace is inspired by Örebro castle

Spoiler :

15. Jewman

Jewman Prince

I'm watching quill's latest polynesia video and him building railroads with military engineers reminded me of something I've been meaning to bring up:

They absolutely need to make city centers automatically start with railroads in them (as soon as you unlock it at least). I will 100% forget to build them in city center because theres no other improvements that have ever been built in city centers in civ VI.

16. Tinker

Tinker Prince

Marbozir attempts to rush the AI by settling next to them as Maori - it sort of succeeds, but the AI actually bribes a nearby city-state when they're losing. Pretty smart.

Red_warning, DWilson and Jewman like this.
  17. Jewman

Jewman Prince

thats the most brutal disaster ive seen so far, completely lost 4 farms, pillaged 2 others, lost pop and health in his city plus his spearman garrisoned there... all while theres a Mali army marching on the city which was totally unaffected by the flood lol

Red_warning likes this.
  18. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I love how far he pushes it almost losing his capital to the city-state. Question. City states can't raze capitals, so what happens when they capture your capital?

I didn't really fear he would lose it, most likely he wouldn't have put the video up had it ended badly. Or he would have reloaded and peaced out the turn before. I love how he got Stockholm in the nick of time.

19. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Sweden keeps getting abused by Marbz.

20. Tinker

Tinker Prince

I'm not sure about Civ 6, but in Civ 5 city-states that captured a capital would just be a two-city city-state. I'm assuming it's the same.