LK Planning Thread

If you guys need an alternate, I'd be glad to lurk unofficially and jump in if need be.
LARGE MAPS :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Signups for LK111:

LKendter
Greebley
DementedAvenger
DisruptiveIdiot
wh00ps

I will get this started tomorrow.

ThERat said:
LK, have you tested large maps already. My first game was large and it was so laggy once the world map was known. It was to the point of absolutely no fun, so unless there is a patch, I can't join.

ThERat,
Try lowering the graphics. For example, Medium draws only 1 figure per unit instead of 3. I found a large map slow, but that was at high on all the graphics settings. It seemed reasonable at medium. I didn't try low.

LKendter, I do not know what your postition is on someone being in more that one of your games, but with 109 only going in fits and starts, i would love to be considered for 111 or as an alternet in any of your games. I would certainly have the time to follow and play my turns.

DisruptiveIdiot said:
So what is the deal with LK111?

I couldn't get motived yesterday with the upload forum down. I am going to try and get it started in a few minutes.

I know I need the money, but this job is cutting into the important activities :mischief:
I hate being exhausted by 11:00 PM.

How do you get to the strategy level where you write notes?

I have found the best way to do a log it take pictures of most events, and then review them to write the log. This all but eliminates dealing with the alt-tab delay...

I'm fond of pen and paper myself :p.
But I'd like to know how to get to the strategy level myself. I can't find it :cry:

Once in Globe View, the top left button on the minimap changes to the Strategy Layer button.

To avoid the alt-tab delay, run in Windowed mode by changing two .ini values:

; Allow Mouse Scrolling in Windowed mode
MouseScrolling = 1

; Specify whether to play in fullscreen mode 0/1/ask
FullScreen = ask

I'd also recommend hiding the Windows taskbar so you can use all of the screen.

The below are revised rules to avoid a lost post.

The following tactics are PROHIBITED:

1) The diplomatic demand exploit. You can demand a ton of stuff from a civ, ask for a counter-offer and get everything you want.

2) The diplomatic gold exploit. See the below thread for details. You can do such silliness as get iron for $1/turn.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=139169

Standard LK house rules:
1) Automation of any kind is strongly discouraged until the game is known better.

2) Go to orders beyond the end of your turn are not allowed.

3) Please complete your turn. At most the next player should have one unmoved unit such as a settler where you are unsure of its direction.

4) Please load the game while running civ. If you load by clicking the game you rename the leader. The leader name becomes part of the save, so I want to keep LK### as the leader name. I don't want to defeat a very useful feature.
If you do accidentally load by double clicking the save, then please use the Alt-D feature for civ details and rename the leader by the LK### value.

NEW
5) Don't edit your game results into a got it post. There is *no* notification of new activity. I have had SGs stalled waiting for a person to move, when the already did.

The official position for the patch is that all LK series games should be played using the 1.09 patch.

Even though Civ4 claims to not require a lot of fighting to win, it is clear the Civ3 mentality of fight to domination is still around, and I have no interest in going there again as 63 of the 107 Civ3 games were a military win.

The results in the first change for the LK series. All future games will have targeted win types. I feel this is the best way to avoid every game turning into a military victory game. Many games will be designed to be primarily builder games. There will be *rare* games targeted a military win.

This game below is that rarity.

Barbarian Havoc (raging barbs), standard map with just 5 civs (need plenty of space for those barbarians!)
Noble level, Pangaea map and domination win is the ONLY acceptable victory for us.

LK112 - signed up:

LKendter
Open slot
Open slot
Open slot
Open slot

ALL openings are for experienced players.
Requirements to sign up:
1) Civ4 working
2) Experience at noble or above
3) A military win is preferred, though not required (else wise, I would be ineligible).

I'd like to hop in, as Math08 is slowing down as we near the end of the game (It's a frigging OCC), we are in a winning position in BGZ01, and with so many players in SW9, I doubt I'll be up often enough to interfere. BGZ02 is fairly active, but it too is a military game, so I anticipate these two games helping my skills in the same areas :lol:.
I'm on the light end of experienced, but I've won every solo Noble game I've played (3), and am currently playing in RBCiv Epic 1.
I suggest we use Kublai Khan. Aggressive is obvious, and Creative is great for expanding the borders of captured cities and dispelling fog, reducing the area in which barbs can spawn.

LK112 - signed up:

LKendter
BotlGnomz
Open slot
Open slot
Open slot

Requirements to sign up:

1) Civ4 working
3) A military win is preferred, though not required (else wise, I would be ineligible).

I'd love to get in on the LK 112. I've had quite a few victories on Noble, including some domination and a conquest, and also a couple on Prince.

LK112 - signed up:

LKendter
BotlGnomz
afpunk
Open slot
Open slot

Requirements to sign up:

1) Civ4 working

LK112 - going once...

I'll sign up too. I'm winning most of my solo Prince games now using a variety of victory types.

LK112 - signed up:

LKendter
BotlGnomz
afpunk
Merzbow
Open slot

Requirements to sign up:

1) Civ4 working

I'll take the last slot. I meet the qualifications, if barely (only played three games, not much aggression), and I've played in one or two of your SGs before, so I know what to expect.

Top Bottom