1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LK100 - Finally ready for regent, Persia, OPEN succession game

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by LKendter, Apr 21, 2005.

1. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

Repeat player restriction: You may NOT play a second round unless:
    1) At least 2 different players in front of you AND
    2) The game has been IDLE for over 48 hours.
    My goal is to let a ton of people play in this milestone game.

Special Restrictions:
    We may NEVER leave the ancient ages. ONE AA tech must be left unresearched so that we **DON'T** get our free tech.
    ** The game will be terminated and closed if the above rule is violated - period. No replay, and no second chance.
    The game MUST be won by domination.

2. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Got it!

Only my second SG after SGOTM6-Xteam; I'm honored to have a hand in this. I'll probably only play 5 turns like the last two players to give others a chance. I'm no war-monger, but this looks like something I can handle (as the hard work's been done already ;) )

Sanity check: don't acquire mapmaking. Do aquire land.

3. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I'm sooooo sorry, I have to

UN-GOT IT! :cry:

My computer started crashing repeatedly, I've spent the last 4 hours trying to get it running again (we'll see if it's fixed :sad: ), and I no longer have time to play for the next few days (that 4 hours was supposed to be spent playing civ :( )

4. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

Got it.

Long time since I've played in a succession game. Too bad I saw this too late, when now only the mop-up is left to do... :)

-Kylearan

5. Kylearan

Kylearan compound eye

After ONE HUNDRED of LK games, we're still running around with some regular units. Oh, the irony... :rotfl:

Several cities are set on governor control? Hrmpf, even if this is the mop-up phase of an easy game, I switch them off.

Lagash is building a marketplace we don't need, so I switch it to settler. Umma is switched from market to courthouse.

I cash-rush two immortals on the Hittie front.

560AD (1): Cash rush two immortals, position units to attack.

570AD (2): We take Hattusas, losing a spear. (Yes, had to attack a redlined pike twice with a spear to capture the city...). We now control the Hanging Gardens. Capture Ugarit, again with a spear. :p
    On the northern front, we take Atzcapotzalco and Umtata.
    Cash rush support for the north-western front.

580AD (3): Continuing the fine tradition of Being One Unit Short, another one of Kylearan's Fierce Offensive Spears takes Adana.

590AD (4): Ignoring several Zulu archers in the open around the city, we attack and take Mpondo. Bad luck prevents us from taking Tlacopan this turn. Ivriz is autorazed.

(IBT) :lol: I had planned to declare war on Mongolia next turn. Temujin beats me.

600AD (5): Our AC army single-handedly takes Hlobane. Hattusha falls, as does Tlacopan.

I ponder about giving back the game to LKendter for him to finish his 100th game - but then I realize we are just *one* turn short of domination, so I decide I can't resist the temptation and complete the game myself. :p

610AD (6): Umfolozi and Kadesh are captured, and Aleppo is autorazed. Bunyan is founded.

Thanks to LK for an impressive ONE HUNDRED succession games! A lot of interesting, surprising and challenging games were among them, always a pleasure to read. :beer:

-Kylearan

Attached Files:

6. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

7. Arathorn

Arathorn Catan player

Congrats, Lee. 100 games, period, is an accomplishment. Running/organizing/planning 100 is even moreso. Thanks for all the great reads. And I hope there are more to come.

Arathorn

8. ThERat

ThERat Deity

congratulations LK. though styles might differ, I have always been appreciative of your honest comments. A lot of games were great to lurk and follow. Keep it up! :goodjob:

9. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

Lee,
    Thanks for letting me participate in a LK series game. The honor was mine to run with some the most outstanding players this game has.

As Ernie Banks would say "Let's play two!" ;)

10. General Mayhem

General Mayhem Monarch

Thanks for the opportunity to play in an LK game. Maybe someday I'll eventually get good enough to play in one at a higher level, but you'll probably be doing crazy Sid variants by then :p

11. akots

akots Poet

Just make sure it does not end at 100! Indeed an extreme achievement! :thumbsup:

12. Pentium

Pentium Digital Matter

More, more, more! We want more!!

13. Khan_Asparuh

Khan_Asparuh Just a Bulgarian Eddie

I fully agree with that. So I'm trying to improve my gameplay and be able to get in a non regent LK game.

14. microbe

microbe Cascaded Mansion

Absolutely. Playing SGs takes a lot of time, but organizing takes much more. I already feel a bit bored after organizing 8 SGs, so I'm truly amazed by Lee's enthusiasm.

Lee is also among the first ones that brought RaR into SG community (other than the mod makers) and gained it much more populatiry.

15. Kaiser_Berger

Kaiser_Berger Terran Emporer

I mirror the congratulations of my fellow players. The LK series has been an inspiration to many SGers. The LK series games I've been a part of have been among my fondest SG memories. I still remember being nervous when I signed up for my first one....I was deathly afraid that I would screw up a game in this prestigious series :lol:

Bring on another 100 :goodjob:

16. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

Well I am glad that Mod showed up, as I was running out of ideas. OTOH, there is enough fun left in RaR to last to November.

Well you better hope Civ4 is good... ;) ;) ;)

17. Sandman2003

Sandman2003 Prince

Great achievement - 100 games, congrats on your milestone, and thanks for all the great reads.

18. Admiral Kutzov

Admiral Kutzov Idiot Emeritus

the idiot lurkers thank you for your efforts. :thumbsup:

19. Aggie

Aggie Deity

Thank you Lee for 100 great games!! You inspired me and a lot of other players to play and organise SG's :thumbsup:

20. Bezhukov

Bezhukov Deity

Never had more fun being ruled by an iron fist than with LK.

:D

Good show Lee - here's to another hundred!