LK100 - Finally ready for regent, Persia, OPEN succession game

Pre-turn Make peace with Aztecs straight up. They have no cash. Seems the population liked that war raise lux from 20 to 40% as Persepolis and Antioch would riot. Need luxs. Road to Entremont due in 2 will give silks. Dyes to the north and some silks south but those would pressure the Hittites. A little mm at Sardis get worker in 2 and still allows Passagarde to grow in 2 instead of 4.

IBT Aztecs go home. AC pops. Lagash calms down but riots. Cycle just in case. No probs. Arbela immortal – immortal, Umma worker – worker
1. 130 BC Ur grows to 10. Move immortals back to hills. Lagash at 11% flip.

IBT Archer attacks from Bad Tibira. Immortals flawless (1-0) Horse shows at near Lagash. Persepolis immortal – immortal, Sardis worker – worker, Samaria Immortal – spear
2. 110 BC Immortal takes horse (2-0), immortal elite whacks Endiku (3-0) and produces Darius! Lagash down to 4% flip.

IBT lose 1 immortal at Bad Tibira to archer (3-1), Lose another near Ur (3-2), Entremont worker – worker, Pasargadae immortal – market, Antioch immortal – spear
3. 90 BC Attack Bad Tibira two immortals take the city and one promotes (5-2). Take out 2 archers outside the city (7-2). Lagash down to 3%.

IBT Archer attacks near Ur (8-2), Horse retreats at Lagash. Persepolis immortal – immortal, Gordium settler – settler, Mongols start HG.
4. 70 BC Immortal takes horse (9-2), lux down to 30% as silks are online.

IBT Jag warrior walking around, Arbela immortal – spear (it can do spears in 3 and immortals in 5), Sidon immortal – spear, American start ToA.
5. 50 BC manuever along mountains...

IBT Persepolis immortal – immortal, Camulodunum spear – worker, Antioch spear – market, Hittites start Colossus
6. 30 BC Whack a archer and promote (10-2), spy spices along tundra.

IBT Archer attacks loses but 2nd knocks out our immortal (11-3), Samarra spear – spear
7. 10 BC maneuver...

IBT Persepolis immortal –immortal Arbela spear – market Sardis worker – worker
8 10 AD waiting….settle near dyes.

IBT Entremont worker – spear (can be changed), Umma worker – spear, Gordium settler – settler, Tyre worker – spear….and our boat arrives. ToA finishes. Hittites move to GW and Mongols HG and Colossus.
9. 30 AD At Agade 1st immortal wins, elite beats 2nd and 3rd takes a sword (14-3) and we take Agade. It’s their only iron I think.

IBT Archer attacks near Ur and loses (15-3), Persepolis immortal – settler (this can change but I think we can still pop immortals in 2 with a settler being produced), Lugdunum settler – spear, Zulus start pyramids, Sumerians start HG
10. 50 AD 1st Immortal takes EW, 2nd loses but redlines EW, 3rd loses and promotes EW to 2/4, 4th takes EW and 5th is flawless on whipped EW (18-5) and we have the Oracle and ToA. Move lux down to 20%.

Summary
We are taking these guys out without much resistance. There are at least 15 immortals in and around Ur. The city north of Ur I maneuvered so I didn’t attack across the river. The AC army needs one more and will be ready to roll (I think one pops next). We could consider another target soon. There are 2 settlers moving. I saw 2 cows on a river north of Lagash I thought made sense. The other I’m not sure where to go up NW. Lagash should be changed to spear.

LK thanks for setting this up that was a fun round.

LKendter said:
I can't recall the exact game, but I was beat to a wonder by *ONE* turn. I screwed up and that city rioted during the wonder building. If you take away the riot I would have build the wonder. I call that one riot a killer.

Same thing happened to me once in a solo game, and the Glib was the wonder. I don't play without mapstat anymore because of that. :D

microbe said:
Oracle and ToA, nice combo. :D
It actually took a second for this to click. All of our free temples give double happy help, and neither wonder will even expire. The better news is every turn we keep ToA the flip risk drops as we gain a ton of culture every turn. Please make sure Ur is starved to size 1 ASAP to reduce the flip risk.

Whomp said:
We could consider another target soon.
If this is a reference to what civ to attack next, I say way until Sumeria is DEAD. ToA and Oracle are to valuable to us, and a dead Sumeria dropped the flip risk to zero.

Summary:
Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.
Repeat player restriction: You may NOT play a second round unless:
1) At least 2 different players in front of you.
2) The game has been IDLE for over 48 hours.
My goal is to let a ton of people play in this milestone game.

Special Restrictions:
We may NEVER leave the ancient ages. ONE AA tech must be left unresearched so that we **DON'T** get our free tech.
** The game will be terminated and closed if the above rule is violated - period. No replay, and no second chance.
The game MUST be won by domination.
HINT: The Temple of Artemis will never expire.
HINT2: Expect a lot of fighting, so Monarchy is the preferred government.

great progress Whomp. Please don't make peace with Sumer, flip risk is too high to gamble.

LKendter said:
If this is a reference to what civ to attack next, I say way until Sumeria is DEAD. ToA and Oracle are to valuable to us, and a dead Sumeria dropped the flip risk to zero.
LK you know more in your right pinky than me when it comes to civ but I think the 15+ could get done. For sure I don't think any more reinforcements need to follow. I'm not saying right away but with that army we're lethal.

It is almost 24 housr since the last got it.

Who wants to play next?

Want to play, and ability to play are two different things.
Not a got it. But I hope to get it if the game is still here in 2-3 days.

Pre-flight: The only war that we know of is ours with Sumeria - we lack embassies with four other AI. Militarily strong vs everyone. The Aztecs and the Celts each have a lux we don't, but none available for trade. Unit support is 25gpt, but we are still making 48gpt. Dom stats 10/33.
Size 6 Arbela is building a marketplace due in 10, but we try to grow in 8, change to aquaduct. Then I note we haven't built the forbidden palace anywhere - are we hoping for a leader to rush one?
Size 1 Camulodunum is trying to build a worker, change to barracks
Entremont, Ergli, Hamadan, Lagesh, Lugdunum, Tyre, Umma, Verulamium are building spears without a barracks, change to barracks
Persepolis produces 20 shields, and is building a settler, change to one turn spears (we have three settlers now, and are still building others)
MM Sidon to get spear in one instead of 2.

Sorry about all the changes! :)

IT - Archer dies to immortal at Erech (1-0). Statue of Zeus produces AC
Persepolis: spear>spear
Pasargadae : market>immortals (in 2 with slow starve - will correct before we lose pop)
Sidon: spear>immortal

Celts are building MoM

70AD(1) - Build embassy with Aztecs for 48g. Size 5 Tenochtitlan is building the Pyramids due in 18, protected by 3 spears, and has one lux, furs.
Build embassy with America for 34g. Size 4 Washington buiklding Mom due in 35, protected by two spears, and has dyes and ivory.
Build embassy with Celts for 30ish g. Size 2 Alesia is building settlers due in 4, one spear protects the city, has dyes and ivory.
Build embassy with the Mongols for 56g. Size 6 Karakorum is building the Pyramids due in 5. Two spears protecting, and ivory is connected.
3 immortals reinforce Erech - can attack in two.
MOving troops, workers work.

IT:persepolis: spear>spear
Samaria: spear>immortal

90AD(2) - Found Dariush Kabir - not overly happy with location, but at least on river. Army now fully loaded with three ACs. Troops advance.

IT - Archer kills immortal
Parsargadae: immortal>immortal
Bad-tibira: worker>barracks
Sumeria starts HG (for us)

110AD(3); Immortal kills archer and reveals Sumer. (2-1)
Battle for Erech:
v.immortal dies to reg Enkidu
elite*.immortal kills enkidu
v.immortal dies to Enkidu
v.immortal kills enkidu
(2/4)immortal kills (1/3) enkidu to take Erech(5-3)
By Agade, e.immortal kills archer(6-3)
By Akshak, v.immortal kills archer(7-3)

IT:persepolis: spear>spear
Gordium: settler>settler
Battle for Sumer:
Catapult goes 1-1
v.immortal kills Enkidu (with archer support)
v.immortal kills Enkidu
v.immortal kills archer to capture Sumer(10-3)
Battle for Akshak:
v.immortal kills Enkidu
v.immortal kills Enkidu to capture Akshak.(12-3)

130AD(4) - Jag warrior in our borders gets the boot order. Change Hamadan to a granary - this city is food rich, and could make a good worker pump.
Who next is a good question - Sumerians are down to 5 cities, and will fall just as quick as we can get immortals to their doors. The Celts only have two cities left, an dcould be mopped up quickly. OTOH, the Americans have annoying cities everywhere, and are probably a better target. I think I will set up the Celts for extinction, so the next player has time to bring back the troops from the Sumerian front and prepare for America (or someone else).

IT: Persepolis: spear>spear
Parsargadae: immortal>forbidden palace
massive number of border expansions, and a palace extension

150AD(5): By Zabalam: e.immortal kills archer(13-3)
By Agade: v.immortal kills archer(14-3)
Kissurra: AC army kills 2 enkidus to take city (16-3)
Found Chulaman (fishing village) - catapult
Boot American scout
Rush market in Antioch

IT: Get heroic Epic Message
Persepolis: spear>spear, and pops an AC
Antioch: market>immortals (needs two more shields for 3 turn builds)
Mongols start the GW
Mongols complete the Pyramids

170AD(6): Found Zohak to get spices
Move troops

IT:persepolis: spear>spear and grows so is now producing 22shields. I think we can get this on a cycle where it produces 30s with slow loss of food, then build up the food again etc, but it needs more work done, so some workers will come home.
Samaria: Immortals>Immortals
Zulu complete the GW
Sumerians start Greta Lib
Aztecs complete Mom
Hittites, Americans, Celts start HG

190AD(7):By Kish: V>immortal kills archer and promotes(17-3)
Battle for Zabalam:
v.iimortal dies to enkidu
v.immortal kills enkidu
v.immortal kills enkidu
v.immortal kills enkidu to take city(20-4)
Rush aquaduct at Arbela, so no growth is missed.

IT: Entremont: barracks>immortal
Arbela: aquaduct>market
Sidon: immortal>immortal

210AD(8): Battle for Kish
catapult goes one for one
v.immortal kills enkidu
v.immortal kills enkidu
v.immortal kills enkidu to capture Kish(23-4)
By Der, v.immortal kills archer(24-4)

IT:nothing

230AD(9):By Kish e*.immortal kills archer (25-4)
By Der v.immortal kills archer (26-4)

IT:Ur:worker>worker
Antioch: imm>imm
Hittites complete HG

250AD(10): Battle for Der
v.immortal kills enkidu and promotes
v.immortal kills enkidu
v.immortal kills enkidu to capture Der(29-4)

Sumeria is down to two tiny cities. Next player can wipe out Celts, or instead move on someone else. Dom stats 22/41.

The 250AD save

Sumeria is down to two tiny cities.
Now that is good news. The flip risk for ToA will be gone shortly. :D

Special Restrictions:
We may NEVER leave the ancient ages. ONE AA tech must be left unresearched so that we **DON'T** get our free tech.
** The game will be terminated and closed if the above rule is violated - period. No replay, and no second chance.

I thought there would be a backlog for got it. I am surprised that more of the traditional LK crew didn't take a turn so far.

I've always wanted in an LK game, and since this one is more at my level, I got it.

General Mayhem said:
I got it.

Are you playing it or not? For open SGs, please only post a "got it" if you plan to play immediately (i.e., not "I got it now and I'll play after work), otherwise you are holding others back from playing.

I thought there would be a backlog for got it. I am surprised that more of the traditional LK crew didn't take a turn so far.
they all wait for the presumably final turns...maybe :lol:

Sorry it took so long, RL interrupted in the middle.

Turn log:
Turn 0 (250 A.D.)

Keep Persepolis on 1 turn spears, we have far too many immortals on garrison duty.

IBT

Zulu start The Great Library

Turn 1 (260 A.D.)

MM Parsagrade to finish Forbidden Palace 1 turn sooner. Move units towards either the Sumerians or Celts. Trade Aztecs Poly for COL and 17 gold, everyone else had Poly and we could make use of courthouses on some cities, so I think we came out ahead. Switch Entremont and Bad-tibra to courthouses since they have good production potential, they just need to be A LOT less corrupt.

IBT

Hittites demand 81 gold, I have 0 military on their border right now, so I cave. They are now next on my hitlist after Celts. Camulodunum finishes its rax, starts on immortals. Samaria finishes immortal, starts settler to try to fill in some of the tundra to the south.

Turn 2 (270 A.D.)

Found Istakhr near Lagash and Umma, it can take the cow off of the already food rich lagash and put some cultural pressure on Swazi. Vet Immortal kills stray Enkidu by Agade (1-0).

IBT

Erech build worker, starts rax. Vet immortal redlines but successfully defends vs reg archer near Isin (2-0). I think everyone's building The Great Library now except for Sumeria and Celts.

Turn 3 (280 A.D.)

Battle for Kua: Cat misses, Elite Immortal kills reg Enk flawlessly (3-0), Vet
immortal goes to half health and kills another reg Enk to autoraze Kua (4-0), Elite Immortal takes out a Vet archer that was wandering nearby (5-0). Change Zabalam from worker to settler to get a settler out there to take the gems nearby.

IBT

Sumer builds worker, starts on rax. Gordium build settler, start another.

Turn 4 (290 A.D.)

Various unit moving, nothing of note really happens.

IBT

Celts offer map making for currency, but since acquiring it would break the variant I turn them down. Volcano goes boom by Arbela, but nothing is hurt, just yet more pollution to clean up.

Turn 5 (300 A.D.)

Battle for Ishin and Sumerian destruction: Cat of course misses, Elite* Immortal takes out Reg Enk (6-0), Elite Immortal kills Reg Enk (7-0), and we get this:

Flip risk for Ur is now exactly 0 :D Keep moving units around, Celts are going to be declared on next turn. Found Jinjan near Samaria/Persepolis down in the tundra in an attempt to try to claim more territory so that settler pairs quit going through our territory.

IBT

Get a palace expansion, Aztecs start The Great Lighthouse.

Turn 6 (310 A.D.)

Declare on Celts. Vet Immortal kills spear covering settler that was in our
territory, netting us 2 more slaves (8-0). Capture another worker that was
inexplicably working by itself over by atlanta :smoke:

IBT

Samaria builds settler, starts on market.

Turn 7 (320 A.D.)

Battle for Agedincum: Vet immortal redlines but kills spear (9-0), another vet
immortal kills a spear flawlessly and Agedincum is ours (10-0).
Battle for Alesia: Vet Immortal kills vet spear (11-0), Vet AC kills spear (12-0), Vet Immortal kills spear and Alesia is ours along with a settler that was in the city (13-0).

IBT

Arbela builds market, starts pumping out immortals. We get another palace
expansion, Mongols build the Colossus.

Turn 8 (330 A.D.)

Unit moving, a little MM'ing, not much else.

IBT

Parsagrade finishes the FP (+ 20 gpt :) ), start Heroic Epic. Gordium builds
settler, its a 5 turn settler pump right now, and once the mine finishes it will be a 4 turn pump. Tyre builds rax, starts market.

Turn 9 (340 A.D.)

Battle of Augustodurum: Vet AC takes 1 health of a reg spear, then retreats, Vet Immortal kills that spear and promotes (14-0), and Augustodurum is ours.
#@#$@#$@#$# the Celts had a settler loose, they now have the city of Eboracum over by Agade.

IBT

Ur builds worker, starts rax, Hittites start The Great Lighthouse.

Turn 10 (350 A.D.)

Unit moving towards Hittits/last Celt city. Vet immortal kills wandering archer by Alesia and promotes (15-0). Do some final MM'ing, but next player might want to check things, I might have missed something. Domination stats are now 28/44.

Notes to next player:

Feel free to change any builds, I'd just been sticking any captured/new cities on rax. Persepolis needs to stay on one turn spears, we have quite a few immortals on garrison duty. Slaves are making a valiant attempt to get incense connected soon, they should achieve that goal within the next player's turnset, and while they are down there they should probably build a road towards the gems near Der. If the Celts don't have another settler running around they should be gone in 4-5 turns.

World at the end of my turnset:

The save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/LK100_350AD.SAV

Special Restrictions:

Ginger_Ale said:
I got it...

Please UNGOT IT! You already PLAYED A ROUND.

Reposting the below to further stress the repeat player rule since it was just violated.

Special Restrictions:

Top Bottom