LK79 - Mongols - 5CC Deity.

I send some horses to deter the Hittite settlers looking at our Iron.

Currency is known by 2 of our neighbors. I hope we can buy it before the other two get it.

730BC-1 Karakorum Horse-->Horse

710BC-2 Ta-Tu Horse-->Granary

690BC-3 Sell our soul to the Hitites and Aztecs for Currency, CoL and Myst. The Aztecs still lack Poly. Change Karakorum to market.

IBT The hitites complete the Temple of Artemis.

670BC-4 Curragh starts journey westward.

IBT Curragh sinks.

650BC-5 Rush temples in Kazan and Tabriz.

610BC-6 Kazan temple-->curragh Tabriz temple-->granary

IBT Aztecs declare on the Spanish.

590BC-7

570BC-8 Spanish connect road to us from Salamanca but thier road does not extend to Madrid.

550BC-9 Two hitite settlers are near Kazan. The third is going through Spanish territory. Two horses are east fo Ta-Tu looking for the the missing road. Two workers can start chopping next turn near Almarikh. Two more are heading back to Karakorum to improve the newly used tiles. I connected the horese and other win near Ta-Tu thinking the spanish road would give us a market. The market in Karakorum will make our economy positive again.

The Game

@6thGenTexan - please don't edit the got it post with the results.
The only reason I caught this was I dumb luck.

The market in Karakorum will make our economy positive again.
How low is our cash reserve? I don't want to have a demand take away all our cash and we lose a barracks and worker due to negative cash flow.

====================

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Gozpel
Kaiser_Berger
6thGenTexan
Microbe (currently playing)

Remember 10 turns per round - STRICT 24 hours got it, total 48 to complete.

Check on editing the "got it" post. It was a little more than an hour so I thoght it would be ok...I thought wrong. :blush:

We were hanging out below 5g. I was shifting workers around to bounce the economy around. I think we sit at 2g and -1GPT at the moment.

6thGenTexan said:
Check on editing the "got it" post. It was a little more than an hour so I thoght it would be ok...I thought wrong. :blush:
Well I had already "read it".

6thGenTexan said:
We were hanging out below 5g. I was shifting workers around to bounce the economy around. I think we sit at 2g and -1GPT at the moment.
Please hire a taxman somewhere. This is really playing with fire. I don't want the choice of losing a worker and barracks or having to refuse a demand this early with a joke of a military.

I tried to PM microbe, but got the following message:
microbe has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.

====================

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Gozpel
Kaiser_Berger
6thGenTexan
Microbe (currently playing) (SKIPPED if not got it by next morning)

preturn: we have 2g and -2g, too dangerous! I disband one reg warrior, lower lux to 0 and hire a clown in our capital. We'll have market next turn.

IBT Spain starts Sun Tzu.

530AD: I start a min run on Construction. It's the most expensive tech.

490BC: we chopped forest and it shows a BG. :)

IBT Aztecs demand 7g and I cave.

470BC: Hitties declare on Spain. [party]

IBT Hittie settler is killed.

We need to consider disbanding warriors. We are 6g with +2gpt, and paying 6gpt for unit cost. Our capital is a 3-turn horse factory.

There are two curraghs. One in the east should go to the angle 3 tiles south and go east. The other in the west should retry the previous suicide channel to the west.

Do we want to build swordmen? If not, maybe connect road with Spain and trade them iron.

Signed up:
LKendter (on deck)
Gozpel (currently playing)
Gozpel, can you swap? I now have 2 games for a busy weekend and would like to play this Sunday night

Kaiser_Berger
6thGenTexan
Microbe

I would love to swap, but:

The daughter cracked my C3C disk and I have got Civ Complete (couldn't find the Conquest alone) which means a new install and I have to download the patch again. The outback server is too jumpy at weekends as always, I'm sure the guy is constantly drunk Fri-Sun.

So I won't be able to play anything until next week. This sucks, because usually weekends are my best times to play, no family around and everything is quiet. Now I have to play on Pogo or something to have stuff to do. Or I can mow the backyard...

KB - You're right! :wow: I checked through the forum for eventual problems with Complete and ainwood amongst others told people to look in the left-hand bottom corner of the the start screen....and it says 1.22 :blush:

So it is already patched :wallbash:

Consider this as I got it then.

Geez, I'm such an idiot....CIV3 Complete wouldn't be very complete if it wasn't patched already. Blame it on the panic-attack I got when I couldn't start the game.

We are researching at 10%, I turn it off to save 4gpt.

430bc - Spain starts Sun Tzu and English starts KT and Sistine. Disband the scout.

410bc - England demands our last 13g, no problem, I don't want to fight knights.

Almarikh builds a temple -> market.

390bc - Curragh is sent out onto deep water on the east side.

370bc - And it sinks.

Tabriz built granary, so it starts another dingy.

310bc - England completes Sun Tzu.

290bc - We got our gpt back from the deals, I have 2 turns left only and will let Lee make whatever deal that is our best interest. I almost bought MapMaking as we NEED to get over to that other continent to lower tech-prices.

Ta-Tu built a market, start a court as it lose 3 shields out of 12.

250bc - Curragh takes the jump from the west coast.

We can get Philo fairly cheap, but I would like to get some galleys if the silly curraghs fail.

We are researching at 10%, I turn it off to save 4gpt.

410bc - England demands our last 13g, no problem, I don't want to fight knights.

I would keep the min research on Construction (if I remembered correctly). We won't lose the investment if we buy it, and it avoids loss from AI demand like this.

Signed up:
LKendter (currently playing)
Gozpel
Kaiser_Berger (on deck)
6thGenTexan
Microbe

250 BC
I ship the Hittites $26/turn and get Philosophy and Literature. I then demand they leave our borders, and I am disappointed that they left.

230 BC
(IT) We are major league behind in tech as England has started Copernicus' Observatory.

210 BC
We have made it across the ocean. I will disband the other Curraghs to save some GPT. The Vikings are also ahead by several techs. :(
I still need to meet the mystery green people.
(IT) Spain and the Aztecs sign peace.

170 BC
I form an embassy with the Hittites. It has no happy buildings, they have just 1 luxury, and it is clowned to death with 5 clowns.

150 BC
The 2 continents have at least limited contact as I see a Hittite galley near the other continent.

110 BC
Make that the Hittites have a city on the other continent.

I have completed the missing road segment and we know have a valid trade route to Spain. I send them our ONLY iron and wines and get Republic, Map Making, and $4. I order an immediate revolt and draw an absurd 7 turns for a 5 city empire.
(IT) We get our first palace expansion.

90 BC
We get a nice bonus as England builds an embassy with us. :D

50 BC
We have first contact with Persia. We only have one mystery civ left. They are also above us in technology.
(IT) The English complete Knights Templar.

30 BC
The English have also found the other continent.

30 AD
The Mongol Republic has been formed.
(IT) Persia is building Sistine Chapel.

==========================

Summary:
I play the extra turns to get us back to the game on the turn ending in zero when passed to the next player.
I also got us past the anarchy.

I am not sure if we want to trade our only iron again. It comes with the risk of moving and destroying our rep. However, the chance to get Republic was irresistible.

Once we get our GPT back we are in a position to start researching the missing gaps along with leveraging the wines with Spain. I hope the harbor opens up more trade routes, and that Korea proves to be backwards.

Signed up:
LKendter
Gozpel (currently playing)
Kaiser_Berger (on deck)
6thGenTexan
Microbe

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/LK79-50AD.zip

I send them our ONLY iron and wines and get Republic, Map Making, and $4.

Good call in my opinion! Sometimes you have to sacrifice heaps to get where you wanna be. But as you say, once is enough :)

gozpel said:
Good call in my opinion! Sometimes you have to sacrifice heaps to get where you wanna be. But as you say, once is enough :)
:scan: Trying to find the got it...

gozpel said:
Well, we swapped mate :lol:

KB is up.
:blush: :blush: :blush:

-----------------------------

Signed up:
LKendter
Gozpel
Kaiser_Berger (currently playing)
6thGenTexan (on deck)
Microbe

Top Bottom