[LoR]The City Between the Rivers

update inbound!

Moai writing a post? Impossible!
It must be ALIENS! ILLUMINATI! Giant walking Moai Statues posting on the most random forums!!!

:sleep: Is it time for Moai to come out of his winter hibernation?

I wouldn't freak out guys, after all we all know the answer is....

Link to video.

sorry for the delay, the reports for each picture are longer than I originally planned

expect the update maybe within this hour or the next

Oh and btw, to make youtube links work, only put the letters after the = in the url into the [ YOUTUBE ][ /YOUTUBE ]
example: [ YOUTUBE ] I_izvAbhExY [ /YOUTUBE ]

Spoiler :
take out the extra spaces between youtube and the brackets and you get...

Link to video.

Imperial Report: Miracle in Ashkhabad
February 12th, 1400
One of our holy rabbi performed a miracle on the walls of the city about a week ago. One of our crossbowmen found themselves distracted and decided to play "shoot the apple off of the governor's head" They just so happened missed, and the rabbi who was nearby saved the governor's life. Because of this event, pilgrims have began to flock to the city to hear the rabbi speak. We do urge the most Gracious Caliph of the Glorious Empire to allow these pilgrims to travel to india in order to spread our great faith.
Yours Truly, Head Priest of Jerusalem, Nebaka Bakr

A message from most defeated Shah Assad Kushan of the Persian Sultanate
June 19th, 1400
Oh most glorious and sacred Republic of Babylon, I do ask that you forgive my father's unwillingness to capitulate to your obviously militarily stronger empire, and it is from the bottom of my heart that I beg you allow me to become your vassal, and for this blood shed to end. Think about what a great buffer state I could be against northern barbarians. Also, I really want to live, and not be executed in the smoldering ruins of my capital.
Your (hopefully) future vassal
Shah Assad Kushan of the Persian Sultanate

*Moai Spammer gets up to get a drink*
Ah that's some good stuff

A report from the Mighty Jewish church of Babylon
March 3rd, 1402
According to a recent census taken last month, every inch of our grand and seductive empire has a Jewish population. In fact, every citizen is Jewish except for a small Confucian population in Tarsus and its surrounding area. Some of our priests have petitioned to form a theocracy, though it has not seen much support yet. We do hope the emperor does consider possibly in the future, however, take up their proposal.
Your Holy Servant
Hammurab Bakr

Imperial Report from the Legion of Foreign Exiles (otherwise known as the 10th Legion)
December 26th, 1404
Recently, an expedition was called by the Great Admiral to explore the southern regions of the jungle filled hell you call a "Rich and fertile prize". To our suprise, we found a group of Barbarians who were oppressing local Tamil people. They called themselves "The Tigers". Anyways, after a short siege we captured the city. We do hope your majesty will be pleased with this new addition to our Glorious Land

Demographics of the Republic compared to other known nations

Article from a local Cairo Newspaper: Southern Peninsular Barbarians establish Fourth Great Clan. Consul-Emperor Saladin III declares they must be vanquished for good:
2 months ago the Consul Emperor Saladin III (blessed be his name) has declared war on yet another regime established by the Southern Peninsular Barbarians. When the previous 3rd Great Clan of the Omani Tribes was conquered and put under tight guard by a a division of East Persian horsemen, it was thought they could never reunite. However, when the horsemen were called to fight in the Indian War, once again the southern peninsula was shrouded in the fog of war, and the tribes slowly began to reunite. Now, after an expedition was called to return to the region, yet another union has been made. The result is already a forgone conclusion, and our great leader assures us that these hostile barbarians will once again be put down.

Scholar's report from the Babylonian Academy

Saladin III addressing the Imperial Council
December 30th, 1412
My country men, my friends, and my greatest allies and advisers, today I propose to you a new system for organizing our provinces. Originally, cities, their outlying areas, large villages, and other such institutes became provinces and had rather fuzzy borders. This could lead to some rather heated debates amongst various governors. However, I have a new plan. I call it 8 provinces 4 prefectures, and it works like this. We organize the empire into 8 main provinces, these will be known as Imperial Provinces. Simple as it sounds. However, We will also organize sparsely populated border regions and Newly conquered area into prefectures. Prefectures can appeal to the Imperial council to become a province every decade or so. There must be a 4/5 majority for them to gain province status. Instead of becoming an imperial province however, they will become a Prefectural Province, meaning a province that was once a prefecture. I have a map ready to present, though one more issue remains.

The church has appealed to the council to allow a theocracy to be formed. This means, among many things, that the church hierarchy merges with the imperial council and become a 3rd group. State your opinions now.

It's voting time again

Topic: Become a theocracy
Options:
*Yes, Yahweh be praised!
*Yes, It will provide stability and commerce
*Abstain
*No, we do not need a revolution now
*No, those filthy priests have gained to much power, why just the other day one touched my son!
*Other (offer tips/state your own opinion)

Yes, Yahweh be praised! Obviously!

Yes, Yahweh be praised!

I will conclude voting at this time
===========================
Official Proclamation from the Imperial Council and Consul-Emperor Saladin III
Due to an overwhelming show of faith to our mighty father Yahweh, we now declare a union of church and state, a glorious Theocratic Union in the name of Judaism, For Judaism. We vow to help all (Orthodox Babylonian) Jews within and without the might Republic of Babylon.

We do hope you accustom to this change, glorious citizens

Official Proclamation from the Imperial Council and Consul-Emperor Saladin III
Due to an overwhelming show of faith to our mighty father Yahweh, we now declare a union of church and state, a glorious Theocratic Union in the name of Judaism, For Judaism. We vow to help all (Orthodox Babylonian) Jews within and without the mighty Republic of Babylon.

We do hope you accustom to this change, glorious citizens

News from Office of Military Affairs
June 8th 1420
One of our top ranking officers, Mehmed, has devised a plan to gain India from from the Infidel Vietnamese. The plan first involves an attack on the city of Hue, from there we will launch an attack on Fort Vishnu in the jungles of east India, and then launch an invasion of Indochina itself in order to take capture the city of Da Nang on the Burmese coast. Despite superior equipment and training, Da Nang has strong walls, so we would like to petition the Caliph-Consul Saladin III for 130,000 men, as well as about 60 counter-weight trebuchets.

Report from General Mehmed of Trebonzid
January 24th, 1420
Dear Most Holy Emperor
The City of Hue fell right into our hands. We began with a charge from the 10th Legion, and then felled up with some horsemen on their flanks as the 10th retreated. The city was captured with only the loss of about 5000 horsemen. However, the men soon went on a rampage within the city, Slaughtering the remaining populace in the name of Yahweh. There is nothing left where Hue once stood. Some nights when I close my eyes, I still see the battle stretched out before me, the screams of the terrified masses, pleading for mercy. Hopefully my daughter, Shajar al-Durr can be a better general than I. For I could not take the pressure and sorrow...
Yours truly,
The Late General Mehmed

The Diary of Shajar al-Durr
May 7th, 1426
Dear Kitty
We have reached fort Vishnu today. The scouts reported that it was guarded by about 10000 crack troops from Hanoi. It has thick walls and many traps, such as falls into spikes, quicksand, and tripwire placed at some gates so that a large Jungle tree would fall on any passing through. It's obvious they prepared for a siege to buy Da Nang time. I hope our trebuchets will do the job, but I cannot be sure.

Report to the Most Holy Emperor
May 18th 1426

Oh most gracious and holy Emperor Saladin III, The capture of Fort Vishnu was a Success, though we lost some trebuchets to various traps, as well as a few expendable slaves captured at Hue. We will soon march on Da Nang. Praise be to Yahweh!

Excerpt from A History of Babylonian-Spanish Relations.

...a startled Priest from Tredbonzid ran into the palace, disrupting the imperial court. "What in the hell is the meaning of this interruption" bellowed the Holy Emperor Saladin III. The priest quickly caught his breathe and said for the whole court to hear
"The filthy heathens Spaniards...
*pant*
they crossed the border sire...
*pant*
they Number 150,000 men I'd reckon...
*pant*
Slaughtered thousands in Hittite prefecture...
*pant*
Please save us, messenger of Yahweh...
*the priest slowly keels over, and collapses, for he has ran all the way from the heart of Hittite Prefecture to the center of Babylon, in order to inform the emperor of the Spanish Invasion*

Excerpt from A History of Babylonian-Spanish Relations
In response to the 3rd Spanish Invasion, Emperor Saladin III called all devout Jews within the empire to defeat the infidels. The result: The birth of a knight class in Babylon. When wealthy landlords heard about this proclamation, they would gather with either wealthy nobles and adventurers in groups of armored cavalry. They would be supported by their vassals, who would carry grain, and be cannon fodder. Eventually, the invasion was defeated at the iconic 1440 Battle of Trebonzid

Map of the Babylonian Republic in 1446, at the death of Saladin III

With the death of the Holy Emperor Saladin III, it is time for the council to convene in order to elect a new leader. Here are the leaders of each sub-council

Sultana Shajar al-Durr-Canidate from the Plebeian Council

Bio: Daughter of General Mehmed and widow of wealthy Fatimid governor, As-Salih Ayyub. She played a crucial role in the capture of east India, and was a leading general from 1420-1440. She joined the Plebeian Council in 1442 and quickly rose through the ranks. She Believes strongly in Universal Suffrage and an end to the theocracy.

Goals:
End slavery and inquisitions
Develop India
Prepare India for a possible Vietnamese invasion
Will expand the number of knightly orders within the empire
Will vote to End Theocracy and Establish Universal Suffrage

Consul Mehmed II of the Noble Council

Bio: Grandson of General Mehmed, is a proud supporter of the Theocracy. he joined the Knightly Order of Solat in 1456, and eventually rose to the top of the Noble Council. Wants to spread Judaism far and wide, he believes that conquest is a good way to accomplish this. Plans to expand the military and then invade Greece, and later Carthage. He supports developing india, though not as much as his Aunt, Shajar al-Durr

Goals:
Spread Judaism to nearby civs
Expand the Military
Conquer Carthage and Greece
Develop India

Caliph Caterpillar IV of the Church of Orthodox Babylonian Judaism
Spoiler :

Bio: A holy prophet of Yahweh, was the first member of the Noble Council to vote for a theocracy in 1412. Left the Nobles and joined the Church of Orthodox Babylonian Judaism in 1420. Eventually became the leader, after he had a vision from Yahweh. Not much else is known about this strange figure, other than he supports the Theocracy(obviously). Nicknamed by his peers as "The King of Caterpillars" and "Caterpillar King".

Goals:
Secret :mischief:

What the heck, Caliph Caterpillar IV

Obviously.

Who else? :lol: Was that something you thought of beforehand or was it a spontaneous thing :lol:

Who else? :lol: Was that something you thought of beforehand or was it a spontaneous thing :lol:

i couldn't find a leader for the jewish church that fit this time period (ya know cuz the diaspora and all that) so i just kinda used the first thing that popped into my head

Top Bottom