Lost Eden development thread

Currently this is what I have done:
  • Rose of Destruction attack reduced to 7
  • Charmander Defender now has Comm Jammer
  • Weeping Idol now has Pulse Defence benefits
  • Charmander Explorer and Superior and Dark Rose now a grav-strut infantry to dodge Pulse/Jammer
  • Power: -1 Planet --> -2 Planet
  • Industry: +2 Industry --> +3 Industry
  • Athiesm: -1 Research --> -2 Research
  • We Must Be Free: +1 Police --> +2 Police; +2 Probe --> +1 Probe
  • Assassins lose their +1 Probe. Now they have -40% spy actions cost
  • Covert Ops Centres added

All of these look good.

Imagine pointed out that the Lost Eden world map had base outlines on it. :O So I've fixed that up. When he's happy with his next game I'll go on an updating spree on everything as otherwise I'll forget one place (e.g. I just remembered that I haven't updated the 'poly downloads for LE).

How are you going man? :) Cool time of year? :O

Imagine pointed out that the Lost Eden world map had base outlines on it. :O So I've fixed that up. When he's happy with his next game I'll go on an updating spree on everything as otherwise I'll forget one place (e.g. I just remembered that I haven't updated the 'poly downloads for LE).

I am looking forward to the gold release! :)

How are you going man? :) Cool time of year? :O

We had 4 inches of snow yesterday after no snow since an October snowfall. However, it is suppose to hit 52 degrees Fahrenheit tomorrow.

I hope that you survived! :D

Nothing too earthshaking to report so far, although just for the fun of it I made a normal SMAC faction based off the idea of Gaian Acolytes. I've also started work on some city graphics (Oblivion's) to replace the recolours currently ingame. Buster's Uncle suggested that it might be cool to have a version of my factions that worked with the normal game, to increase publicity etc. I wouldn't know how to approach that balance wise, although I decided to work on Oblivion anyway. Although, amusingly, currently his towers blend in with normal terrian just a little bit too much. XD

I hope that you survived! :D

The snow was gone after 3 days. :)

Nothing too earthshaking to report so far, although just for the fun of it I made a normal SMAC faction based off the idea of Gaian Acolytes. I've also started work on some city graphics (Oblivion's) to replace the recolours currently ingame. Buster's Uncle suggested that it might be cool to have a version of my factions that worked with the normal game, to increase publicity etc. I wouldn't know how to approach that balance wise, although I decided to work on Oblivion anyway. Although, amusingly, currently his towers blend in with normal terrian just a little bit too much. XD

The same way we did the LE balance. Post the stats and I can make suggestions. Then run some simulations and see what happens. Make adjustments based on those simulations.

Consider it done. :)

As I'm still trying to work out normal Lost Eden proper, here's the Gaian Acolyte faction, for normal SMAX.

+1 PROBE: {Dedicated to emotional communication and manipulation}
-1 INDUSTRY: {Populace preoccupied with mental development}
-1 MORALE: {Prefers to unify rather than destroy}
Immune to negative SUPPORT modifiers.
Begins with two random commlink frequencies.
{May not use Free Market economics.}

Imagine said that it looked rather weak... if you think the same, I'm happy to throw a free facility in or something.

As I'm still trying to work out normal Lost Eden proper, here's the Gaian Acolyte faction, for normal SMAX.

+1 PROBE: {Dedicated to emotional communication and manipulation}
-1 INDUSTRY: {Populace preoccupied with mental development}
-1 MORALE: {Prefers to unify rather than destroy}
Immune to negative SUPPORT modifiers.
Begins with two random commlink frequencies.
{May not use Free Market economics.}

Imagine said that it looked rather weak... if you think the same, I'm happy to throw a free facility in or something.

It looks weak.

Yeah I've got some people chatting about it on WPC, asking for opinions as well. :) The general concensus is that PSI Gates would be too strong, however.

How are you going? :) Weather, life, exercise, going well? :D

I am trying to tackle more LE things of late. I've got stage 3 of Oblivion's city done, and am still getting through editting Arko. I've also decided to replace the tech logo for Theory of Evolution (it was a swastika) with an upward arrow. A lot less emotionally loaded and no danger of misrepresentation. :D To add to the same train of thought, I replaced the symbol for Order (the effic arrow) to scales, which makes more sense I think.

How are you going? :) Weather, life, exercise, going well? :D

All fine.

I am trying to tackle more LE things of late. I've got stage 3 of Oblivion's city done, and am still getting through editting Arko. I've also decided to replace the tech logo for Theory of Evolution (it was a swastika) with an upward arrow. A lot less emotionally loaded and no danger of misrepresentation. :D To add to the same train of thought, I replaced the symbol for Order (the effic arrow) to scales, which makes more sense I think.

:goodjob:

Since I see a new GOTM, I assume the LE GOTM has finished. Is that correct?

It was yeah. :) I appericate your support! :D

And yes, it's great news! :) I hope that we can get some good updates out. Not going to say more so Petek doesn't have to activate moderator powers.

Had some friends over yesterday/today, but was fun. :D I spotted an LE bug though. XD When allowing reverse engineering but making it really really expensive, I managed to make transports carry like 231 units. XD

It's possible--really it's just getting things done and organised. Uni is starting up next week again (final semester :eek:). Playtesting is still a bit of a waiting game although I can commit to getting the majority of voice recordings done this week. Then it's misc. artwork, which is as long as a piece of string.

What's the significance of March 21st? :) Birthday or something?

Top Bottom