Lost Notes of Young Mansa Musa

my problem with this is that we deal with Indian and Zulu here. So rationalizing a SPANISH inquisition when there are nothing called spanish is ... not logical
How about then instead hinting on it with sublety of a rhinoceros? For example:

"A young woman looked us with a look of fear and surprise. How can this be, she inquired. It was clear that nobody expected Indian armies to advance so swiftly. After all Zulu were renown for their ruthless efficiency."

what does that "pink blossoms " refers to? :hmm:

Does it have to be a referance? I am just the storyteller :p
I'll revisit it tomorrow, cause it's way over bedtime

sooo.. what to post?

for me, the old man version its fine :b:

Come on, guys - there is a lot of room between young and old - we do not have to switch so dramatically ;). Somehow I do not believe that an "old man" describes Magno well :lol: What about:

The great front gates of Ulundi whimpered in pain as massive Indian forces marched through them, among them were liberated sheep, rabbis chanting of peace and prosperity, mace-men happily smiling.
I was aiding Aivo and Tobias in medical duties today, collecting plants for remedies, binding wounds and being a moral support for the heavily wounded. It was rumored that the infidels were fighting bravely at the end, forcing our troops to regroup at the brink of destruction.
Later that day I traveled inside the majestic city of Ulundi. Masterless dogs were howling, houses were still burning, mothers were tightly hugging their remaining children, big and small. Many faces - both dead and still alive - were frozen in a silent disbelief. A young woman looked at us and asked how something like that could have just happened? After all, it was the SPANISH Inquisition, who was supposed to, expected by nobody, to steamroll through not only Indian lands but the realms that lie far beyond ...
Even in this ravaged state the villagers had a fuctionable Marked, wells and roads for both sheep-riding inhabitants as usual pedestrians. This was also a weird sensation. Something new and uncommon as pink blossoms in nearby gardens. What purpose had these trees?
Father presented me with judgement duties this afternoon at the remains of Ulundi Palace. I arrived as some of the zuluan court was trialed after being captured during flight through the sewers. By Indian laws he were the patriarch of a noble family and should being ready for execution by morning.
"So Mansa, what should we do with this bloke?" Father said.
I was looking out a former stained glass window. Observing the uncommon trees and panicking sheep at the streets.
"He is not a reckless youth anymore, but still young enough to be useful [:devil:]. We need someone that know this culture and the land. I also remember that Aivo suggested we may need a new Court botanist as our died during the last battle. Maybe this one will do?"

As father turned his glare at our captive, I noticed a pair of murky eyes and a will of living on the captive. "What's your name, ser?"
"Magno"

:devil: to be removed from the final version ;)

It is known
In the neutral town of Godwington
It is known
There will be a death of clown
It is known
In the bitterness and blame
It is known
The new rulers will get fame
It is known
As the rules are bent and countries die
It is know
The remaining clowns will thrive.