LOTR Ring (07/31/2006)

beboy

Ut tensio sic vis
Here is a flag unit I made for Lord of Middle Earth Mod . It is the One Ring from Lord of the Ring. There are two basical default animations. The one set in the principal .ini file is with the fire running around the Ring. If you prefer the animation with the shining effect (a modification from an animation made by Aaglo) use the other .ini file in the unit folder.
Enjoy! :)

Civilopedia image:

The file (UPDATED):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/LOTR_Ring.zip

"We've found the one Ring! Now we need a crane to move it because it takes up the whole tile!"

Goldflash said:
"We've found the one Ring! Now we need a crane to move it because it takes up the whole tile!"

:lol: :lol:
Yep! It's pretty big. But since it's a flag unit, I thought the size wouldn't matter that much. As a matter of fact, I kept it big to be able to see the ''design'' of the writtings on the Ring.
But if some people would prefer to have it smaller, I think I could make another version at 60% of its actual sice. It's not very difficult but I will do so only if there is a need for it.

Damn!! double post! :mad:
____

Ah! and by the way, I'm going to use this waisted post for a question: Does anyone know if there is a tutorial explaining how palettes are working? Or a program (compatible with photoshop) allowing us to play with them?

beboy said:
Ah! and by the way, I'm going to use this waisted post for a question: Does anyone know if there is a tutorial explaining how palettes are working? Or a program (compatible with photoshop) allowing us to play with them?
Either mod the palette inside photoshop (Image/Mode/Color Table), or use PEdit (posted by Kinboat in the utilities forum somewhere).
Changing a palette is quite easy when you know how to, so don't get discouraged. :) IIRC utah talks about it a bit in his unit tutorial.

BTW, how did you end up with my birthday present? Give it back! :gripe:

mrtn said:
Either mod the palette inside photoshop (Image/Mode/Color Table), or use PEdit (posted by Kinboat in the utilities forum somewhere).
Changing a palette is quite easy when you know how to, so don't get discouraged. :) IIRC utah talks about it a bit in his unit tutorial.

BTW, how did you end up with my birthday present? Give it back! :gripe:

Woah!! Thanks mrtn!!! If only I had knew this before!! I only added 5-6 colors and when I copy it on the pcx from the psd file, it makes a world of difference!!! :thanx:

Ok! Ok! some people may not see it at the first glimpse, but the color of the flame is far more realistic!! Look
before:

after:

I'll update the zip with the improved flc very soon.

I see that you added some reds... :)

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions; I think I have a fairly solid grasp on the civ 3 palette when it comes to both units and still gfx.

And remember that the photoshop palette is always upside down if you talk with someone using PSP or GIMP. ;)

Top Bottom