Louis's Unit Skins

Hey @Louis the XIV You are making request right? If so, i really want you make a new texture for my Manchurian Explorer unit.

This is a Manchu/Qing Explorer that i made recently. The only problem is that the clothing isn't right.

So i think you use this as an references for you to make this.

Here is a Unit that i made.
It was made by me btw. I use an Head of an Asian Grenadier to replace to original Asian Explorer head.

Attachments

• manchurian explorer.rar
    104 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Salut Louis!

I hope while you were slumbering in your royal chambers you don't mind that we've all been hanging out in The Court of the Sun King - well it's pretty much just me especially :lol: ... sorry.

After you read through these posts and check out what I sent you, let us know what you would like to do about creating a space where we can put a little team together.

I'm thinking you or I can open a thread like you suggested, but which forum should we put it in? If it helps to have the actual custom civ folder like I sent you, we might want to open the thread under "New Civilizations". Even if the custom civs we upload aren't complete or even in working condition, everyone can at least have access to the units inside the folders :)

In honor of how this project is coming together, I think we should title the thread something like: "The Court of the New Sun" :D

Maybe... "The Court of the New Sun: Development Thread for New Civs and Unit Flavor Art" :thumbsup:

Salut Louis!

I hope while you were slumbering in your royal chambers you don't mind that we've all been hanging out in The Court of the Sun King - well it's pretty much just me especially :lol: ... sorry.

After you read through these posts and check out what I sent you, let us know what you would like to do about creating a space where we can put a little team together.

I'm thinking you or I can open a thread like you suggested, but which forum should we put it in? If it helps to have the actual custom civ folder like I sent you, we might want to open the thread under "New Civilizations". Even if the custom civs we upload aren't complete or even in working condition, everyone can at least have access to the units inside the folders :)

In honor of how this project is coming together, I think we should title the thread something like: "The Court of the New Sun" :D

Maybe... "The Court of the New Sun: Development Thread for New Civs and Unit Flavor Art" :thumbsup:
Hahaha!
Of course I would love a subforum for unit development. I think we should mainly ask @Leoreth since he is the moderator in charge of this.
Who is Spillnstains?
@Spillsandstains is one of my favorite people here on the forum. He helped my code in python when I just started modding and thanks to him I made a lot of great mods!

@MalayanGamer of course I would be happy to create a skin for your Manchurian explorer.
@tantanmen if we should have a subforum for unit development I think there should be at least 5 modders in charge. Like you mentioned @Sword_Of_Geddon could also be though I don't know much about him or what he does as a Civ 4 modder. @topsecret is probably the best Unit art creator for Civ 4 there is so we need to have him on board. And that's already 5!
Anyway I had no idea you also created leader head art. But to tell the truth I am not really that experienced at creating art, I am much more experienced at modding in python, xml, and even c++ (though I just started!) and giving color for units. So I could give the color.
Anyway I recommend an elder asks @Leoreth for a subforum because I just joined the forum half a year ago even though I have been playing civ 4 since I was 8. @tantanmen joined an year ago and I don't know how many connections he has with moderators. Anyway I asked @f1rpo how he got a subforum since his great mod Advanced Civ got a sub forum a couple of weeks ago and he told me he asked Leoreth.

Salut Louis!

It's very frustrating! While I am sleeping the royal court dares go to Versailles and party without me:mad:! :lol:

First of all I have a Civ creation thread so we could use some of the civs I created or you could ask me to create some other civs.
Second, there already is something called Varietas Delectat which gives custom unit art for units. But if that mod was cancelled (not sure if it was) then we have high hopes of getting a lot of downloads and maybe even getting a subfroum! This project could be Varietas Delectat Revived.
Every unit I create I will also post here as well since I want to keep this thread alive.
What you mean by everyone having access even to non completed units already exists and is called Github. I recommend you have a look at github or take a look in the RFC Dawn of Civilization subforum since Leoreth gives a tutorial on how to use it.
This could especially come in useful to me because it's extremely frustrating working on a huge mod alone so I could really use some help with the custom unit art.
Anyway check out the RFC Spain thread in my signature and you will see a list of all the civs. I will need custom art for all of them so I wouldn't mind if we did something like Leon, Aragon, or Castilian art after we finished the Bohemian unit pack.

Oh this is great! It's really late over here on my side of the planet and I was just about to go to bed. I'm glad I checked this thread one last time. I have some RL plans once I wake up again, but I will do my best to check in with you.

For now, if you want to go ahead and open the new thread, please do. We can begin to organize ourselves and prepare a proposal for a Sub-Forum :w00t:

EDIT: ninja'd:ninja:Wow, you type really fast :lol:

New Civs? Wherever we start, we'll make it work ;)

Bohemian units are looking great! Good luck and have fun with whatever you decide to do today!

Alright I can't even read the screen anymore. I'll check in again when I wake up. Time for :sleep:

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of how the Bohemian unit pack is going so far.
Spoiler Bohemia :

Heavy Spearman:
bohemian_spear.JPG

bohemian_spearpedia.JPG

Knight:
Bohemian_Knight.JPG

Bohemian_Knight_Pedia.JPG

And for the unit set, I think everyone recognizes the gorgeous artwork of @Bagdemagus:

Wow thanks for the praise yes i'd love to help where possible in answer to another question. I have been making units for an Armenian civ in my own time but would love to make more Scottish units. Pls message me if you still want me to?

And for the unit set, I think everyone recognizes the gorgeous artwork of @Bagdemagus:

Wow thanks for the praise yes i'd love to help where possible in answer to another question. I have been making units for an Armenian civ in my own time but would love to make more Scottish units. Pls message me if you still want me to?
Sure, I don't know if we will do a Scottish unit set for some time though, we will be doing unit sets for a lot of the civs in my mod development of RFC Spain and after we will continue the Bohemia unit set. But after that I believe we are open to ideas!
Btw I don't do unit sets in this thread, this thread is just me doing some rework on units. If you want unit sets visit the Varietas Delectat Revived thread which is more people working on unit sets.

The Scots are an interesting one that'd be hard to do justice. For one you'd absolutely have to make a highland regiment trooper for their musketeer. Which might be fun to do come to think of it... I mean it's a redcoat with a skirt.

Top Bottom