Mac Modding Index

greetings all. i'm having some modding problems. i downloaded hell hawk's ww2 (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9814) for my vanilla civ 4 and can't get it to work. i tried alan's mod installer, i put my installation of civ 4 in the window, then i tried dropping both the the .rar and then the unrared "Hell Hawk's World War II v1.2.Civ4WorldBuilderSave" onto the window and got the message "no files were installed as no matching locations for your files were found." then i made a folder called "hell hawk's" in the mod folder of my civ 4 installation, dropped "Hell Hawk's World War II v1.2.Civ4WorldBuilderSave" there and started civ. under 'advanced', i chose 'load a mod', i found hell hawk's, clicked it and it said that it had to restart which it did. when i go under the option to 'play a scenario' it doesn't have hell hawk's as an option! when i do the same with american revolution, going under 'play a scenario' is how to make it work. looking into the hell hawk's mod folder after i've tried the above, i notice there isn't an assets folder like in the other mods. also, the "Hell Hawk's World War II v1.2.Civ4WorldBuilderSave.ini" file is only a 'civilization document' not a 'unix executable file' like in the other mod folders. i read on this site that clearing the cache is important. while i could not find the cache on my mac (can anyone help me with that?), i started the civ 4 with the shift held down and the messages were followed with "(uncached)". any help would be greatly appreciated. i apologize if this answer is detailed elsewhere. i admit that i only did a cursory search. i woke up this morning craving a scenario and am very frustrated right now. thanks again.

Please forget trying to use he ModInstaller! It isn't fully developed for Civ4, and Civ4 mod installation really doesn't need it. All you should need to do with any Civ4 mod is to put a copy of it in one of two places:

(a) The relevant Mods folder in the application folder - Applications/Civilization 4/ or one of its subfolders for Warlords or BtS - depending on which version it is designed for.

Or

(b) The relevant Mods folder in the approporiate subfolder in ~/Documents/ - Civilization 4/ , Civilization 4 Warlords/ or Civilization 4 Beyond the Sword/ - depending on which version it is designed for.

Most mods work best in (a), some can work in either.

Forget the Cache. If you want to know where it is, look in ~/Library/Application Support/[name of application], but really, mods are not cached, and it doesn't have any effect.

Since this is a scenario,and not a complete mod, try just placing it in Documents/Civilization IV/Saves/Worldbuilder. It should work if you choose choose a new scenario. A scenario will not require a restart since it is just a scenario using the same assets as an unmodded game.

Hi Chums !
I know RoM is not playable on Mac-Computers ...So , I readed the settings options of RoM propose a choice of number UpT (unit per tile) : Can you explain how it's made , is it a specific programation , files modified ..? did you think it's an option realizable on Mac machines without install RoM ? Well , which is your secrecy ?
Thanks a lot
a Frenchyciveur

I posted this message in the RoM forum , but I try a next time thinking here th're good MACmodguys too
thanks

Hey does anyone know if you can put in the varietas delectat add on stuf (ex. the cuba civ) into MAC BAT? Also when I tried downloading the cuba civ or any other of the additional stuff the file was either an .exe or a .7z. It says you double click it to unzip, but that didn't do anything.
EDIT: Cuba did unzip, but the game crashed when I checked civilopedia for the cuba civ.

Also is there a way to add history rewritten into MAC BAT so they can run simultaneously?

Hey does anyone know if you can put in the varietas delectat add on stuf (ex. the cuba civ) into MAC BAT? Also when I tried downloading the cuba civ or any other of the additional stuff the file was either an .exe or a .7z. It says you double click it to unzip, but that didn't do anything.

A lot of those VD extensions are packaged as Windows installers. They need to be extracted by a utility such as the Unarchiver and the relevant data installed and checked for xml/encoding errors. BAT and VD have gone through some very big changes on the Windows side in recent months, the Mac version is now quite out of date. Odds are the extras such as Cuba won't be compatible anymore.

Also is there a way to add history rewritten into MAC BAT so they can run simultaneously?

No. But History Rewritten has all the major features of MAC BAT and is much more up to date in it's components, if you're running HR there is no need to run MAC BAT at all. Is there a particular feature you are missing/wanting? From memory the only things in BAT that are not in HR are the flags and some modern unit graphics.

Rise Of Mankinds a great mod thanks

opps wrong thread

Top Bottom