1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

MacBUFFY

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Macintosh' started by AlanH, Feb 11, 2010.

1. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Not so many people playing BOTM on Macs - maybe one entry every three months or so.

I can only suggest that you uninstall it all and reinstall from scratch. Your BTS doesn't sound healthy.

2. Fine_Distinction

Fine_Distinction Chieftain

Thank you, that is also what I was thinking, to try install from scratch. What can be a reason that my Civ files get corrupted within days? can not enough space on disk contribute to it? Steam says there is plenty of space to install, but one of my disks is full.

3. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Is Steam telling you it's corrupt again? Maybe it failed to correct it previously?

Full disks are never a good idea, but if the full one is your main system disk, or the one you are using for Civ4 application or data, then it's a very bad idea.

4. Fine_Distinction

Hi Allan, after several cycles of removing old civ files, reinstalling, repairing files, installing McBuffy and Foreign Advisor I finally got it to work! The problem seemed to be that I also have a version of Foreign Advisor from Dec 2009 on my comp, I think from my earlier attempts to install McBuffy and it got confused in the downloads with the version in post 77 you recommended from June. Now everything works but I am too tired to play this game, LOL.

Not sure what is going on with my file integrity, it is always OK minutes after Steam fixes them, but just 1h after installation I got 4 files that needed fixing. Might be that my hard drive is failing? It is not space issue anymore, cleaned up, a lot of free space now. My installation is still also crashing playing some MesoAmerica, but who cares, was checking just to identify the problem.

Thank you again, I was about to give up, today was my last attempt

5. Fine_Distinction

Actually it is 50-50, I managed to open GOTM save when loading McBuffy first, but if the game tried to load McBuffy to open GOTM save, it crashed again. But at least it works sometimes now :)