Mad Max - 9/17/06

Ask and you shall receive.;) Animated gif in 1st post along with new animations for version 2.0. All animations have been reworked to include shadow and a larger gun. Fidget and victory animation have been added.

As for the interceptor, I think it would be best as a seperate unit that Max could cruise around in. "Aggressive Driving" would be a pretty cool attack. In any event, I'm going to focus on humans for my next few units and don't really have any plans to make a vehicle just yet.

Better, and the first one wasn't bad.
Only minor stuff to tell you about this time.
The death could be slightly faster. He does this sorta matrix back lean, while he should just fall over. The problem is not how long he takes to hit the ground, but that it is a little slow given the chosen movement.
The attack.. his aim is off. He fires off to one side by 10-15degrees.
The run was maybe slightly slow... it was more a jog than a run, but that is not a oops... just a matter of taste.

It is a good victory.
The fort is nice and snappy.
Everything loops.
It is such a good unit given how short a time you've been doing this. It would be a pretty good unit even for the old semi-pros.

You've got some skill, keep at it.

Thanks for the comments Bjorn. The death is faster in the flic than the preview. Do you think the flic is too slow? I can speed it up and post an alt flic. I like the run as a jog. I figure you don't want to be sprinting around the outback in a post-apocalyptic world.

I'll keep making units at my slow pace. Hopefully I'll get faster over time. Here's a sneak preview of my next unit.

Attachments

• Sherrif.gif
    Sherrif.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 120
I was talking about the FLC, GIF previews are unreliable things. The speed was not much off. Just 1-2 ticks. Only noticable if you are looking at him do the matrix fall a few times in a row.
On that one, I would make the shirt civ colored and have RED be the civ color not blue. A cowboy in pink jeans would be a bit much, eh? While a shirt is just a shirt.
I would also suggest previews in the main forum, get more feed back that way.
Don't worry about speed. We all have other things we have to do as well.
Can you resize the holster to fit the cowpoke, or you need me to do it? I think just within Poser is all you need.

OK, I posted a new death flic that's faster. Any faster and you can't see the gun bounce. I think it looks a little more realistic now.

I guess I should make a unit creation thread in the main C&C forum for previews and comments. As for the cowboy, the bottom of his vest is civ colored blue. His jeans are a different blue. Do all blues become civ colored or just R56 G100 B253? Also, how can you make the civ color red? I don't want a pink-jeaned cowboy either. I've had no problems resizing the holster prop. If it's a little big in the preview, that's so it can hold his gun. The gun is oversized, but looks good when rendered at civ scale.

99% of the selected spectrum will be civ colored. You can have a camo pattered of various blue splatters and have a dozen or more shades in use and have it turn out right.
Basically, if you want BLUE anywhere in your unit, select a different color as your CIV color. The easiest are Red and Blue, but it could in theory be nearly any color spectrum. I believe Green works, for example.
But since I never need both red and blue in the same unit, I just pick one of those two.
The new death is better. It was never about the gun, which looked good all along, but that he bent way over backward and fell a little slow at that odd angle. Bending over is ok... any angle a human can be smushed into is ok.
A slow fall, where they use their muscles to try and stay upright can work too... But in general, dead dudes should just flop over.

Bjornlo said:
But in general, dead dudes should just flop over.

There should be a bit of flopping but not a solid flop...it shouldnt look like rigormortis set in the second he died...I personally like the unit(forget which, but its modern) that falls to its knees, then falls back to die...anything but a static ridgid topple...they are human(oid)s, not trees...

Spacer One said:
There should be a bit of flopping but not a solid flop...it shouldnt look like rigormortis set in the second he died...I personally like the unit(forget which, but its modern) that falls to its knees, then falls back to die...anything but a static ridgid topple...they are human(oid)s, not trees...
True enough. I wasn't suggesting TIMBER. I was only addressing the common new-guy problem with bodies gently drifting down. In my norse axeman unit, I do not have him just go stiff and bounce. I previewed the troll death (well a rough draft of it) and in it, he too went to his knees, etc...
Most deaths do not have the unit fall in a way where they could support their body weight... which... And it is a common problem where the fallnig part, no matter when or where in the death it takes place, that it occur too slowly.
But, you're right most of the more interesting death anims do not involve the "tree" method.

I agree completely. You've done a fine job with this unit, and your latest changes to the death are more than enough. I was not critizing your unit in discussing this common problem. Only pointing out that the minor mistake with the first version (not the current one) was a very common one.
I think Mad Max is done, and there is no need to revisit any of the anims unless or until you feel like.

That was quick on the Cowboy, btw.... lightening quick. I am not quite done with that Troll yet myself... Still trying to see if I can figure out a simple way to have him turn to stone... I suspect I'll leave him with just a standard death.

Bjornlo, couldnt you just fade to gray over several frames?...that sounds so cool...

A Cowboy YAY!!!...well a sherrif anyway...now we need a gunslinger...

Awesome work Navy...and so fast

Spacer one, moving trollish talk to the preview thread. Don't wanna thread jack.

Navy Dawg, assuming it is not to late on the Sheriff, you might wanna do the 'ole sanity check. Either a preview thread, or at least compare your unit to Civ3 units... Due to scale and such lots of stuff has to be made slightly larger.

Top Bottom