Mad Scientist's Role Play Challenge Summary: Civilization V

So mad for when can we expect the first game?

Not sure. Obviously I want to get a handle on the rules and play style. I am also a little concerned about some threads describing an easy AI, so perhaps I may want to sufficiently alter the RPC rules to up the challengability of the game.

And what is this about road maintence??? Well I can see one game already, the road warrior where I have to road all tiles in my cities! I have no idea who does this or if it's realistic, but that's irrelevant to old Mad.

From my play experiences so far, that might be impossible. Maybe... maybe on Chieftan. I don't know what kind of bonuses you get at that level.

Ok, got my game! A lot more different and one issue is that screenshots save randomly rather than allowing me to label it. Any help???

Yay! There will be RPCs to read while I figure out Civ 5 :)

I have been lurking here for a long time now and your games are always awesome. keep them coming :)

yay, the mad scientist is back x) that means fun. i'm a little confused, where are the typos? they're part of any RPC so far, don't neglect them :D
j/k, eagerly awaiting your fist RPC! any warmongering RPC is welcome (and any other RPC aswell ofc), like the great RPC as SATAN - i loved this one.

This is great news. I've been very inactive last 9 months on this forum, because my interest in civ4 faded away and had other stuff to do. Now that civ5 is released I wondered if any of those 'awesome' posters of the civ4 forum would be back here. Then I read this! wooohooo! I'm gonna follow your RPG's for sure.

Oh and TMIT are you going to do educational games ?:)

M-m-m-mad

Awww yeah, I'm liking this reunion. Glad to see the CivIV heavyweights waltzing through the CiV forums

Yay! RPCs!

I really like the Monty cultural victory suggestion..

As I play out the Washignton RPC, it looks to be cruising along well, and makes me think of the next game.

I like teh idea of something like

"A Man of Culture from Aztecia"

The idea is to win the game via culture while always being at war with at least ONE leader! Let the fires of the Aztec alter fuel our culture.

Social Policies must include

Honor
Piety
The Industrial era military one (can't remember the name

Forbidden Policies

Liberty
Freedom
Rationalism (we are Monty after all)

The other 2 are optional.

No City-States can be befriended as they are only useful to stoke Monty's sacrifical fires.

What do you all think???

Being in permanent war with all the CS is even better !

Also all ennemy cities taken must be razed as the population is sacrified...

The one idea you gave about roads gave me another idea.

Why not try a large map with no sea, playing russian with the need to build a single uninterrupted straigth railroad from left to right on the map as a transsiberian express game.

Also all ennemy cities taken must be razed as the population is sacrified...

Actually... that would be an awesome addition to their ability. Razed cities yield a massive culture boost proportional to their size? Still shouldn't be enough to actually win off of, but that would add some nice flavor and probably wouldn't be too overpowered, right?

Right...? >.>

Top Bottom