Mad Scientist's RPC summary

I would keep Pericles and Alexander's games separate. And Charlemagne over Justinian for the Crusades game.

Also, I have an idea for a future RPC. Might be too hard or easy.
Basic idea:

You must win a culture victory on a Terra map, and your 3 legendary cities must all be on the new world.

You must turn your original land on the Old World into a colony once you establish a good enough empire on the new world. (optional)

You may turn off barbarians (as they'll be a HUGE annoyance)

You must try and settle as much of the New World as possible.

Sound fun? Annoying? Let me know :)

I would keep Pericles and Alexander's games separate. And Charlemagne over Justinian for the Crusades game.

Also, I have an idea for a future RPC. Might be too hard or easy.

Sound fun? Annoying? Let me know :)

Sounds a little tough but perhaps doable. I have thought of a terra game utilizing Joao (who else) but never got a good thought. Now settling the new world into an empire, changing capitals, and spinning off the old cities as a colony may not be a bad idea (can this actually be done???). Forcing a cultural victory is probably unrealistic, but domination by controling the rest of the wowrld and vassaling the "homeland" or flying into space has a good ring to it.

I like it, let's put it into the Que. Perhaps after the Greek brothers, I like the ring of that one so far.

I have updated the OP on future RPC games. Feel free to add other ideas but I think we have a good enough list to fuel about 7 more games.

Stalin- The red machine, where we play as Stalin and Mao is preselected AI.
Stalin can trade only with Mao and later with Civs under state property. Stalin cnat refuse help to Mao(or AI under SP) and he must go in war as well, like Washington game.
Stalin is a religious hater. He cant have religious benefits. No state religion, no free religion, no religious buildings, no wonders with great prophet points.
Stalin cant run Free Speech civic
The game is concidered lost, if Stalin is not the first one to Communism and if he does not have Kremlin. Once he has Communism, he must adopt SP and stay there till the end.

don't know which leader would be best but what about a game where you try to win a religius victory (AP) with Christianity (Justinian or Zara whould problerly be best)

@Sem, I like the atheist communist angle except perhaps playing with Mao and getting rid of the wonder criteria. Add Comrad Stalin as his lone friend, do teh adoption of SP thing. Spread communism to the world. I'll work on it, I have been trying to think of a way to get China into this.

@Sian. One of these challenges I will try and get the AP diplo win. I will likely add it to the Charlemange/Crusades game. It would fit.

atheist communists sounds good
for the charlemagne game you could consider getting someone to mod in the inquisitor unit from one of the scenarios (it removes non- state religions from a city)

atheist communists sounds good
for the charlemagne game you could consider getting someone to mod in the inquisitor unit from one of the scenarios (it removes non- state religions from a city)

I never play the scenarios. Can you describe the inquisitor unit a bit more?

I never play the scenarios. Can you describe the inquisitor unit a bit more?

to be honest i don't play many either but i thought it might give the game a bit of a twist
ok, the inquisitor is from the gods of old scenario in bts and looks like red spy unit
they work very like a missionary only rather than adding a new religion they remove all non- state religions from one of your cities, they don't appear to have any failure chance

I'm also not sure on the practicality of actually moving one into a normal game, hopefully someone here will be able to offer advice on that if you like the idea

I just played a Joa game. Beeline Optics and only ran engineers. The Great Engineers(4) , 5 settlers, and many archers moved to the new world. The first great engineer was used to move the capital, and I immediatly changed the old world into a vassal. Immediatly Shaka, Sulieman, and Kubali killed of my vassal. It became an awesome game, and I controlled the entire continent.

RPG wise you could do

Joa of the New World

May only have 3 cities on old world
May only run engineers in old world
Must move to the New World ASAP
Must move capital to New World ASAP
Do not allow an enemy cities on new world.
Liberate Old World as soon as capital is moved

moving inquisitor into the main game would in my opinion be a completely doable and fair idea ... specially with AP wonder ... then you can whipe all your cities that have that religion and then keeping a premature Diplomatic victory off limits

and i'm thinking about taking a stab at the Joao game as well :) ... mind if i steal the idea and kick up a gamethread about it?

@ REX. Great ideas, and glad to see it has worked.

@ Sian. By all means, the RPCs are open for all to start their own.

I actually played the New World game myself before proposing the idea. I failed it :(

I tried it again without going for culture and won a fairly good Space Race victory. I only had about half of the new world though.

Updated the OP with The Glory of Rome results.

Next RPC is Tokugawa the Isolationist.

Tokugawa the Isolationist has been started.

The next 2 will be the greek brothers as described in the OP. I will decide which to do first depending how bloody the Toku game is.

Well after losing the Tokugawa game, we are going to move onto the nest RPC

GREEK GODS: Alexander the God of War. We will play a always war game on a random board and see how we do. I will open world builder and assure we have 1 copper resource in the BFC once we tech BW to level the field a little bit. I am in serious need to bash some heads.

For anyone following the RPC Tokugawa game, you should read the last few posts. IPEX played an excellent shadow game of it that ended in a space victory!

I've got an idea for a small twist to the Crusades game. Maybe make it a Pseudo-OCC, where you can only settle new cities to build up to be liberated into loyal vassal states to help fight the holy wars to convert heathens. Maybe begin the game normally settling new cities, then move your capital to the holy city and liberate everything else (when you can do so). Continue founding new cites and liberate them to create new vassals. To get around the five Nat.Wonder limit just spend the proper amount of turn building scouts and deleting them, then WB the wonder you want.

Your Alex1 Game on the spiderweb map, or what ever its called, gave me an idea.

Play the Black Widow!
Play maybe as Boudica?
Must get diplo or domination win.
Has to give her victims the old come on before she strikes and kills them like the real spider. This means can only declare war if your victim is at least pleased with you. You can defend yourself as you see fit.
Now the twist, when you capture rivals cities in a war and you can turn them into colonys you must! This is your brood of spiderlings and the guys who are your key to victory!

Top Bottom