MagisterModmod

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by MagisterCultuum, Feb 27, 2012.

1. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

So I recently installed MagisterModmod 2012. It had some problems, however:

1) For some reason, there was the constant error from BUG which said something about utils not being able to apply Building effects or something.

2) Also, when I go to a hut, next turn it disappears and appears in a spot nearby (not because of an other civ's other unit, I checked)

3) The dragon skeletons that provide mana disappear.

2. Akbarthegreat

Akbarthegreat Angel of Junil

Try looking in the BUG thread maybe?

I also have this problem. It's probably due to map generation putting the hut in a certain place, and then erasing it because it is too close to another one or something.

Don't appear on the map at all or disappear in the late game? The former is because you don't have all unique features on, and the latter is because somebody completed stir from slumber.

3. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

Can't be stir from slumber - I disabled from custom game all rituals. But I'll check.

I also can't find where anything about BUG util BuildEffects being referenced. Error says that handlers don't return any values.

EDIT: Even stranger, my neighbour has dragon bones that are still there. Weird.

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

The BUG issue may be related to this warning I placed in the opening post:

(Note: If you have a recent version of BUG installed under C:\Users\[insert user name here]\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets, you may still need to disable (delete or change the name of) the file CvGameInterfaceFile.py found under C:\Users\[insert user name here]\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\CustomAssets\python\entrypoints in order for my mod to function. If you do not have BUG installed separately, you may ignore this section.)

I am guessing that it is only the Bones of Acheron that are disappearing, which happens when the barbarians train Acheron in one of their cities. Any dragon's bones disappear when the living dragon enters the game. Acheron is the one dragon who can enter the game before the ritual, and in the process found the religion which allows the ritual to be completed.

I think it is a basic Civ IV issue that tiles which formerly had tribal villages on them still appear to have them when they first enter a unit's line of sight, but that the graphics of villages which were already explored don;t stay visible for long. It could also be a map generator issue. I'm not sure.

5. Gaurav251

Gaurav251 Chieftain

For some reason no matter what I do my game crashes on startup as soon as I load any map or make any game, the mod loads up to the menu just fine though, its only when I start a game does it crash.

I have tried to reinstall it 3 times too, even my fall from heaven 2 folder I redownloaded just to see if thats the problem but nope, it wont let me play this modmod :(,

any solution?

6. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

I've got a couple of level 8 wizards, and I can't upgrade them to archmages. Is there something else I need that I can't figure out? I only have 1 archmage.

7. ivanbin

ivanbin Chieftain

Perhaps you lost access to that resource you need?

8. Cutlass

Not in any way I've been able to determine :dunno: This is late game, and I have access to every kind of mana.

9. scutarii

scutarii King

reagents ?

10. ivanbin

ivanbin Chieftain

Thats the one!

11. Cutlass

I don't know. This is the first time I've played the game in about 6-7 months. And don't recall them. I'll take a look.

12. Cutlass

Yeah, looks like no reagents. Which is odd, as I have 64% of the land area, and another 5% or so in sight, but not controlled by anyone, and I don't see it anywhere. In fact, checking the whole map, there's only 1 of them on the entire world map. Odd that.

13. ivanbin

ivanbin Chieftain

Its funnier when that is the case with Mythril. (Or iron :D)

14. Cutlass

Anyone else have a problem of the computer locking up when completing Nature's Revolt?

15. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

BTW lack of reagants can be caused by the blessings of Amatheon option, as they are at the bottom of the list for that option.

16. zldrago1000

zldrago1000 Chieftain

I have had that happen to me when Nature's Revolt occurs past the first 50 turns of so. I am guessing the code inefficiently searches for all barbarian units and converts them to animals which may be resource intensive. Personally Ive had to make it so that the ritual occurs early enough that it doesn't crash my game, which is a bummer.

17. ivanbin

ivanbin Chieftain

Is Kuriotates MP bug still around? :-(

18. turkeyshoot

turkeyshoot Chieftain

hmm cant install because my security says it doesn't pass a reputation check and quarantine it, think it doesn't trust the download site so is there another link? and if not is the downloading site trust worthy(kinda scared to poke around ^-^)? and if is anyway to help its rep along?

19. Qgqqqqq

Qgqqqqq Emperor

I believe the trouble arises because there aren't enough people downloading the link/reporting its safety to the relevant software. I've certainly seen a warning about it from Norton before, installed anyway and had no problems.

20. schargiel

schargiel Chieftain

Hi,
    Thanks for the new upgrade. Magistermodmod is running sooooo stable in multigamer mode now! :crazyeye:
    I have only one problem. I don´t know how I can upgrade the pirate coves.
    As I only play mulitgamer, I have to reduce the power of Tsunami. That was easy in the CvSpellInterface.py
    But I also would like to reduce the power of ranged attacks of catapults. Can someone tell me where I can do that. Or maybe you tell me your tactics against catapults or worse a ship coming loaded with catapults.
    I would be very happy if you could integrate my balancing notes for multigamers in your next patch.

Thanks for the nice mod and your constant work!!!!!!