Magrails - no production, only energy?

Jacozilla

Warlord
In the civpedia in-game, it says magrails only provide "a large amount of energy per turn" for connections to capital (plus the movement bonus)

Am I correct in that for BE, there is no production bonus ala railroads in CiV?

Also, it doesn't say in civpedia, but is the mechanics for what counts as a capital connection the same as in CiV?

e.g. capital A inland -> city B on coast -> city C on other coast

1. I assume A and B get the energy boost because connected directly via magrail
2. Since there are no harbors ala CiV, do coast to coast connections count for the energy boost?

Yes, as long as you have explored a full path over water you'll have a connection for the bonus.

ok thanks, I'll take a look at my production numbers before and after I complete the last tile of a magrail connection

Do magrails have to connect to the capital for the production bonus?

For instance, if I have two cities on a separate island connected by magrail, will they receive the production bonus even though they cannot connect magrails over sea?

Do magrails have to connect to the capital for the production bonus?

For instance, if I have two cities on a separate island connected by magrail, will they receive the production bonus even though they cannot connect magrails over sea?
Yes. If the coastal city is connected to the capitol, then all cities connected to that coastal city will receive the same bonus, depending if you have maglev or roads.

Top Bottom