Man posts funny pic likening Erdogan to Golum,gets put on trial, summons Tolkien-kin

Let's see;

1- You hate Turks
2- Never want strong Turkey
3- You hate Erdogan

Hmm... If you really hate Turks and think Erdogan is a bad leader for Turks there are 2 options come to mind, which is;

Either
1- You secretly love Turks and think Erdogan must be gone because Turks can't become stronger with him.
2- You hate Erdogan because he improves Turkey in all-round and that bothers you. And, instead showing your butthurt -over seeing how Turkey grows with him- you choose to mock him.

Which one? I'm betting on 2.

Suppression of free speech is an improvement for Turkey?

AKP government presided over a significant improvement in Turkey's economy, particularly in the Anatolian countryside.

Had he chosen to retire gracefully in 2011 the world would have remembered him as the man who truly did make Turkey stronger and proven that Islam and democracy can not only coexist but thrive together. Alas, it seems he can't let go of power.

Well, except that - like Putin - he has no sense of humour. And the fact that 'it is a law' doesn't mean it's not outdated.

If I remember correctly Australia has a simmilar laws on how the goverment has to be treated with respect. My country (Czechia) is almost the opposite. You can make fun all you want and I enjoy it even though my favorites get hit by it quite often.

Let's see;

1- You hate Turks
2- Never want strong Turkey
3- You hate Erdogan

Hmm... If you really hate Turks and think Erdogan is a bad leader for Turks there are 2 options come to mind, which is;

Either
1- You secretly love Turks and think Erdogan must be gone because Turks can't become stronger with him.
2- You hate Erdogan because he improves Turkey in all-round and that bothers you. And, instead showing your butthurt -over seeing how Turkey grows with him- you choose to mock him.

Which one? I'm betting on 2.

I wonder, do you agree with these trials? How they can be not mocked (if you have not fear from your state)?:crazyeye:

You must be really close to Erdogan that you have a personal nickname for him. In any case you seem a little too obsessed with the guy.

Pretty much the whole Eastern Mediterranean is losing patience with him.

^It is Turkish custom to show respect to their leaders. If you know little bit about Turkish history you would know what I mean. But kids these days believes everything even insults are free speech. They're insulting not just Erdogan but even his daughter. They are mostly kemalists who hate Islam (that's why they hate Erdogan) They are all, without exception all are european wannabies. In a daily life you hear these words at least one time in a day "it's not like this in europe" lel.

So, about your question, yes, as a traditional man I support these trials.

Well, judgement is still out whether it's Erdogan who got insulted or whether it's Gollum.

That's what the expert has to decide.

Well, judgement is still out whether it's Erdogan who got insulted or whether it's Gollum.

That's what the expert has to decide.

Don't tire yourself beauty, it's our job to decide.

That's nobody's business but the Turks :p

^It is Turkish custom to show respect to their leaders.
There is nothing uniquely Turkish about that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lèse-majesté

However, as the notion of sovereign being appointed by God was replaced with him being, in fact, an elected representative, it was also generally accepted that he doesn't require any "special" protection not afforded to ordinary citizens.

Don't tire yourself beauty, it's our job to decide.

That's nobody's business but the Turks :p
I disagree. As someone who likes the Lord of the Rings Saga I have 2 important topics that I want to get covered:

- Is it indeed an insult to Gollum? If so, then the person who matched the pictures should be persecuted by Middle-earth law, not by Turkish law.
- Has Erdogan tried to pay tribute when he made those faces, or has he tried to mock Gollum? Is he even allowed to mimic Gollum like that? And if not, what disciplinary measures will be taken?

Didn't say it's unique to Turks but it is custom of Turks.

Edit:
@Ryika
We supposed to laugh I think :undecide: *looks for someone who laughin*

I am not laughing either, here where I live we take our Books of Fiction very seriously.

Top Bottom