Man posts funny pic likening Erdogan to Golum,gets put on trial, summons Tolkien-kin

But kids these days believes everything even insults are free speech.

Um... I think you're kinda missing the point of free speech?

If I remember correctly Australia has a simmilar laws on how the goverment has to be treated with respect.

No, we don't. Have you seen our media? We're probably the nation that's most comfortable with insulting our leaders.

Um... I think you're kinda missing the point of free speech?

I thought the point of free speech was to ensure free exchange of ideas for the betterment of society. Not carte blanche to insult people.

Not that I agree that Erdogan should be above criticism; he's like a more competent Muslim version of Abbott, and like Abbott he probably deserved almost every bit of insults that went his way.

No, we don't. Have you seen our media? We're probably the nation that's most comfortable with insulting our leaders.

Come to America my friend.

I thought the point of free speech was to ensure free exchange of ideas for the betterment of society. Not carte blanche to insult people.

There will always be insults in politics. This is the human condition.

I'm kind of sad Abbott is gone, I liked the snake person meme. Especially after that Steven Universe episode came out.

Nope. The United States has a not insignificant proportion of the "don't criticise our leaders" type of conservatives, provided they are in power.

So? Neither party pays attention to the other, and people have very short memories. Liberals weren't exactly civil when Bush was in office.

Here? Anything goes. Even in parliament. Especially in parliament.

Example?

Here's the Leader of the Opposition (later Prime Minister) telling the Prime Minister's government to go die of shame

Keep in mind the context: all this was over a few taxi vouchers and questionable text messages sent by the Speaker of the House.

(I like that we're arguing over whose country's more proudly irreverent)

Here's the Leader of the Opposition (later Prime Minister) telling the Prime Minister's government to go die of shame

Keep in mind the context: all this was over a few taxi vouchers and questionable text messages sent by the Speaker of the House.

(I like that we're arguing over whose country's more proudly irreverent)
Another flawless victory for the patriarchy!

But that's awesome, I wish our politicians were that interesting.

It's troubling that someone can be put on trial for sharing a silly joke on Facebook even if this is not a new thing in Turkey. It makes Erdoğan look like a dictator.

peter Jackson and 2 other producers of the Movies were actually consulted by the defence lawyers and they said the Smeagol/Gollum was actually the guy who saved the world . All in all another thing that happenz and has so for failed to get yours idiotly get implicated . Trust stuff whenever you read the title Zaman , the name of Congregation's flagship newspaper .

and do not take too much granted with statistics .

edit: have checked the link on the first page and Peter Jackson involvement is also noted in related content section of the page .

It's troubling that someone can be put on trial for sharing a silly joke on Facebook even if this is not a new thing in Turkey. It makes Erdoğan look like a dictator.

Erdogan is only enforcing the laws he was tasked with enforcing. A mark of a dictator would be enforcing only the laws he wants to enforce like Obama does. I don't think Erdogan wants to put this man on trial, but his loyalty to Turkey and her laws means he must.

Erdogan is only enforcing the laws he was tasked with enforcing. A mark of a dictator would be enforcing only the laws he wants to enforce like Obama does. I don't think Erdogan wants to put this man on trial, but his loyalty to Turkey and her laws means he must.

:rotfl:

You know, if you just tried to google Erdogan^trials or some such, you would have saved yourself from this post. Erdo routinely bends the system to either get his enemies put on trial or avoid being on trial himself (or his chronies).

:rotfl:

You know, if you just tried to google Erdogan^trials or some such, you would have saved yourself from this post. Erdo routinely bends the system to either get his enemies put on trial or avoid being on trial himself (or his chronies).

I don't actually think this is funny, and neither should you.

I can understand how it may seem that Erdogan's "enemies" end up on trial, but that's often the case in countries where the interests of the national become an intrinsic part of the interests of the leader that enemies of one becomes enemies of both.

Erdogan hasn't done anything to warrant being tried, and his so-called "chronies" are painted by in such a way because they're Muslims and because the West wants to degrade the system of government that has served Turkey well, especially under Erdogan's fair rule.

this is the thing we Turks get a lot . Will avoid making political commentary but the Western design is for this country go down on its own ; try to cover that with "But they are charged with this only because they are Muslims!" falls rather short - now that the chargers are also "Muslims" they shared power so diligently until everything fell apart .

I can understand how it may seem that Erdogan's "enemies" end up on trial, but that's often the case in countries where the interests of the national become an intrinsic part of the interests of the leader that enemies of one becomes enemies of both.

Erdogan hasn't done anything to warrant being tried, and his so-called "chronies" are painted by in such a way because they're Muslims and because the West wants to degrade the system of government that has served Turkey well, especially under Erdogan's fair rule.

By now i am not sure if you are being ironic. Ask r16 about this and the congregation line.

oh , please don't ... Am happy being unarrested .

And who decides that the leader's and nation's interests and enemies have merged? It seems too convenient that the leader does so. How does "L'État, c'est moi" translate in Turkish, anyway?

Top Bottom