Many Leaders Game 3 - Prince Domination

@TriviAI
Spoiler :
I meant to save the corn for a city 4W from the capital. It would make a good Moai Statues city. Having seafood around would make it even nicer. :drool:

Kodii

Spoiler :
i went for your city placement as well, 1 culture pop and a city with 1 copper hill, 1 gold hill, 1 plains hill, pigs,oasis and all those river tiles...sweet

Everyone
Spoiler :

i did forget to mention that i got the chariot quest, like really as Genghis i want to be worried about dragging bits of wood behind my nice little horsies

Saw this in another thread:
OK, first iwant to say something.

If you spot something unbelievable in my report, then it isn't me. It's my brother, trying to play tricks on me. He already fooled me and posted a fake game in the MLG3 game. (even if he tried to fool me, he should know better then BW with IW in hunts simultaneously :lol: )

I'll be playing shortly.
Can we get a clarification on this? Was your round legit or not?

If you log out of the forums when you're done he won't be able to post as you. (sorry for the off topic stuff)

well i made a deal with my brother. He get's my old laptop to play on, and he leaves me alone. That way he won't bother me again.

Willem the 1st

Willem of the Dutch is one of the “naval” leaders, with a seafaring UU, and a water improving UB. I chose Willem because I like creative as a domination trait, and because having a galleon with an extra cargo space could be real useful on a Hemispheres map.

Spoiler :
His other trait, financial, is one of the classic good traits, and I took advantage of the trait, settling on one of the spices for three :commerce: in the city tile. I felt a bit panicked in settling, getting to turn two without an obvious “settle here” location. One of the problems is that Willem starts with Fishing and Agriculture, and there were no improvable resources immediately available to me.

I’m not sure I’ll be crazy about this city long-term, but it has deer and spices for food, and is cottageable. It did end up in a good location to put city number two on the desert tile north of the starting location, though. (And yes, another city one off from the coast. How many of those did I have at the start of MLG2, again?)

One tech pop from a hut, nothing special, but free technology is free technology:

Another gave a map. Whenever I get a map, I can’t help but wonder what prevented the villagers from exploring a forest three squares west of their location, while being familiar with dye resources located seven tiles away in the scary pink land of the witch woman.

Oh yes, visitations. Not those strange kind though, just meeting up with representatives of other 650 year old leaders, on consecutive turns, either 1 minute or 40 years apart, depending on how you look at it.

I did try to get Hinduism, mostly because I will go for Oracle for Metal Casting or Machinery, if I’m feeling lucky.

I didn’t quite get there, story of my life, really.

You may have noticed from the villager map screenshot, that it wasn’t founded all that far away, either.

In 2320, second city was founded, one south of the copper, as previously mentioned. I started ToA in Amsterdam, but I don’t know if I’ll try to finish it or not, especially if I’m going for Oracle. I do want to get one more city up north grabbing the two plains gold and the flood plain.

I also think I might rather want to find some time to build axes and end my neighbors.

Here’s a map of the Dutch empire in 2000 BC. The copper is pretty much hooked up, so the axe plan can commence immediately, should I choose to do so.

And some data (Number one in manufacturing!)

Attachments

• Willem van Oranje BC-2000 Turn 50.CivBeyondSwordSave
    61.7 KB · Views: 69
Hannibal 2000bc:
Spoiler :

T0. Decide to move settler 1SE, coastal and river is a nice combination.
T1. Carthage is founded. The only tile for miles around that doesn't capture a food resource in BFC :lol: . Pop hut for hunting. Start BW.
T4. Its Shaka time!
T8. Buddhism fidl. I wonder if Bella is around?
T8. Scout meet a bear :eek: .
T9. Scout survives totally unscathed:) .
T11. Scout meet a bear:eek: .
T12. The RNG strikes back :lol: .
T13. Pop2, start worker.
T14. BW>AH.
T17. Hindiusm fidl.
T20. My second hut pops a warrior.
T21. Isabella is around and she's a Buddhist.
T22. Whip worker.(worker chops for settler in between building WB while growing to pop2).
T23. Worker>WB.
T24 AH>Sailing.
T28. WB finishes and goes sailing south.
T30 Lion kills exploring warrior.
T33 Sailing>Wheel.
T35. Whip settler.
T38. Utica founded near copper.
T40. Wheel>Myst.
T45. Myst>Pottery.

Carthage is slowly building a lighthouse in preparation for Glight (must research masonry next). Ulundi building a barracks, copper's connected. I currently have 1 warrior between two cities, must build some axes.

Just for clarification, TheLastOne36's round is not considered and he is dropping out of the game.

In an unrelated incident, so is Conroe.

Ralph_Jackson is joining in and we may open up another spot if anyone wants it (haven't decided yet).

We're just waiting for Qwack (and Ralph) to complete the first round. I'll probably compile the stats and post tonight and open the second round in a couple of days.

Checking in, will try and play / report in the next day or two so as to not slow things down.

Ralph

Time for some (dodgy) analysis of the first round. I'll update this post as the last three games get added.

Firstly, the stats as posted last game. If you want something added or even deleted from this (or any other suggestion), drop me a PM.

Frankly, none of this really means anything at this stage of the game but worth a look I suppose. The only thing that matters in this (or any other round) is your position on the Dominatrix.

I've tried to get everyone's colours right but if I've stuffed it then (again) just PM me.

OK, I'm putting up another change to the timing of the rounds. There were comments last time that it was both too long and too short. How about this for a compromise?

Once 75% (ie 12 of 16) reports for a round are in, I'll post the analysis. Once that analysis post is done, you can start reporting the next round in 24 hours. The remaining 4 reports can come in any time after that and I'll update the relevant stats. There is no pressure to have the report done in a particular time. If we go for a week and there aren't 12 reports, I'll post analysis and start the next round, again no pressure on the remaining reports. We may end up spread apart by a round or two but at least people can go (somewhat) to their own pace.

Sound fair?

Given that, you can start your second rounds (up to 375BC) fom tomorrow.

OK, I'm putting up another change to the timing of the rounds. There were comments last time that it was both too long and too short. How about this for a compromise?

Once 75% (ie 12 of 16) reports for a round are in, I'll post the analysis. Once that analysis post is done, you can start reporting the next round in 24 hours. The remaining 4 reports can come in any time after that and I'll update the relevant stats. There is no pressure to have the report done in a particular time. If we go for a week and there aren't 12 reports, I'll post analysis and start the next round, again no pressure on the remaining reports. We may end up spread apart by a round or two but at least people can go (somewhat) to their own pace.

Sound fair?

Given that, you can start your second rounds (up to 375BC) fom tomorrow.

Fair with me.
:goodjob:

pholk isn't able to join so we may still have a spot free if anyone is keen.

My thoughts on the games so far (I'll keep the spoilers on until all saves are in).

Spoiler :

As I was scouting the map I saw three really good sites for cities, the copper city on the plains hill, the 3 gold/wheat city and the deer/crab/horse city south of the capital. All of those locations have been settled by at least one person.

It looks like everyone has the idea of hooking up the copper and axing either Izzy or Shaka.

It'll be an interesting next set.

The Dominatrix totally rocks. Double thumbs up! :goodjob: :goodjob:

I really like the new idea for the report updating system - keep things moving at the pace of 75% of players seems ideal... Just as long as it doesn't create too much extra work for you?

Ah - last in MFG and no other placing. Start as you mean to continue, that's what I say. :)

I like the Dominatrix thing.... but I would like having a prettier spot on it ( and salmon.... :yuck: ( you can keep it, no better idea about ragnar colour )). Will try to get it sooner or latter ( first GLighthouse and Collosus, so I'll probably will get further behind in next turnset, where some people will surely axerush Shaka or Izzy :goodjob: and then berserk-powered explosive expansion ( I hope :please: )) )

Top Bottom