Many Leaders Game 8 - Fall From Heaven

Ozbenno, thanks for putting the analysis together. Man does early expansion seem to be winning out or what? I'm planning on a late bloomer, but if I had met either the Calabim (sp) or the Infernals early I'd be toast, so what does that say about my strat? This is my first time really taking part in or following along with something of this nature, and I must say it is very helpful.

OK, here's a starting save for PaulusIII

@moverred - glad to see you're enjoying this. The idea behind the MLG games has always been to learn different ways of playing, FFH certainly counts as having many ways to go about your work. ;)

If enough people have passed 350 turns by the weekend, I'll post some more stuff then.

Attachments

• MLG8 AD-0001-Kandos.CivBeyondSwordSave
    42.3 KB · Views: 102
Faeryl Viconia/Svartalfar - Parts I/II (Turn 1-100)
Spoiler :
As many of you probably did, I settled 1E of the Corn, and chose Ancient Chants and a warrior.

Start location hut popped a map. Scout popped one for another map and warrior popped 45 gold.

7: Met Garrim Gyr in SE

9: Meet Ethne The White, just north of Garrim Gyr.

10: Met Auric Ulvin in SW

11: Volcano near Cahir Abbey.. Don't know what this does?

24: Warrior -> Worker

27: Ancient Chants -> Education (47 turns?! :eek: )

31: Adventurer born in a distant land.. Guess that means Cassiel is around..

43: Worker -> Warrior, go farm corn.

50: Kill a Gorilla in defense.

51: I'm the least advanced. No surpirses here.

52: Interesting.. Ethne, Auric, and Garrim have NOT met each other yet. Don't even know how that's possible as they're all about 6 tiles apart.

56: Ethne adopts Agriculture.
Warrior -> Warrior.

62: Auric adopts God King.

64: Warrior -> Settler

72: Education (finally..) -> Crafting

79: Lose a warrior in defense at 72% odds...

80: First cottage up :p

93: Crafting -> Mining (We're on the sanitation beeline..)

95: Settler -> Brewery

98: Found Gereth Minar, start obelisk.

100: Stop.

Thank you for putting the start up for me, Oz.

Here is the save:

Attachments

• Faeryl AD-0100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    99.7 KB · Views: 100
Spoiler Report :

We're third most wealthy on turn 401. We do spend all of our money every turn though, so we could easily just not buy more military and be rich quickly.

When I last left off, I was gutting Perpentach's empire. I take Coombie View on turn 401. Nothing he has can stop my horde of mounted mercenaries.

On 402, I finish Way of the Wicked, because I was considering researching Deception and switching religions. I begin research on Optics, for Sea travel.

After assimilating the Balseraph lands, I also take out Orthus, defending a Barbarian city to the south on turn 404. The mightiest of my army is given the awesome axe he carried. His axe gives +1 Fire damage and Blitz.

Optics comes on 412. Astronomy is next.

It's time for more war...note the number of troops in the stack...

We march right on past the red dragon and his city, taking the first Doveillo city, Stavgard, on turn 413.

The Guild of the Nine sells me some troops.

On the way to Doveillo lands, we pass by the lair of Barbatos, the Lich, and a barbarian city he is near.

Destroying him is trivial, of course. His magical staff provides +1 affinity for death mana.

Well isn't this odd...mystery solved I guess, at least I know who the other Civ is...or rather...was...

Once our troops get into Doveillo lands, I split my stack in two. The first group captures Suderholm on 417, and the second captures Heimseter simultaneously.

On 418, another pair of cities fall, the capitol Urslo and Fjirgard.

I finally officially meet Cassiel.

Olricstaad is last on the list.

This shot says it all with regards to the Malakim. Ouch.

There is an uninhabited valley to the northwest of the Doveillo. I think I might just leave it that way. I could theoretically settle some cities up there and there is tons of space, but the only reason for that would be for the Domination victory. I think I'm still going for conquest, so I just abandon any expeditions there. Hopefully the barbs don't get too bad.

After Astronomy, I research Feudalism. The turn it finishes, an emissary approaches my palace.

I accept, and the Lanun people, long allies to the Hippus, claim their place in the coming world order (right below us!). Wise woman, this Hannah.

We learn the magical ways of Divination. If we are to fight Hyborem, we must first know that which we fight against.

We also research Arete and after a 3 turn anarchy switch to it. Now we can gold rush buildings and units in all of our cities because we really don't need more military.

Our capitol builds several ships. We ferry our armies onto the Lanun subcontinent, and begin clearing out the barbarian infestation that has always plagued the Lanun southlands. We capture Barbarian cities on 447, 449, and 451, razing a smaller one in the process.

Hyborem seeks to threaten us into peace, he knows what's coming. He demands 580 gold and we reject.

On 451, we are most Cultured in the world. Cassiel is in second and Hannah third. Hyborem rounds out the list at four. That's all that's left.

Spoiler Plans :

Hyborem had better be awesome or this game is in the bag. I've rushed some Mage Guilds/Adepts back home because not only do I need to have Sanctify to remove hell terrain (fire desert), I need to be able to cast Courage to actually attack Big Red himself. After that, it's either a quick swim to eliminate Cassiel or to settle near him and hope he vassals.

Attachments

• Tasunke AD-0451.CivBeyondSwordSave
    332 KB · Views: 58
Spoiler :

This set begins with me capturing the barbarian city of Spilan on 451. It is close to the other barbarian cities I captured at the end of the last set, in the valley west of where the Illians used to dwell.

On 452, I capture the barbarian city of Kingsport, which is right on the Lanun border (and we can tell by the name was once Lanun). I capture it and return control to my vassals, the Lanun. I figure they need it more than I do.

Apparently there is a crime increase in Argenteria on 454. Whoopdie do.

Throughout this set, barbarians are relentlessly throwing themselves at all of my border cities. Free XP is ok for me.

Another event in our capitol.

I load up my 3 boats with freshly hired mercenaries. It's time to claim the Grigori island as our own.

I finish researching Stirrups and begin on Warfare. At this point, I could turn tech to 0% and not care, or I could turn it to 100% and not really care. Gold and Techs are nearly meaningless with an army and empire this large.

My gold-rushed adepts quickly connect up spirit and life mana. Some of them take Courage and Mobility, others take Sanctify and Mobility. Mana connected just in time too!

Cassiel's defenses are so pathetic. I land and capture his two main cities immediately, razing them. Each time, Hyborem becomes more powerful as manes join his cause. We show mercy to the remaining people of Grigori. The last Grigori city, Junon, is spared destruction, in exchange for capitulation.

I finish Warfare on 465, begin on Warhorses. If this game gets drawn out, I'm gonna build some awesome horse dudes. I trade Hannah Feudalism for Deception + Gold at her request.

On 468, Hyborem threatens us to covert to Ashen Veil. No thanks, demon guy.

At some point I got a Great Merchant. I just start a Golden Age with him.

The time has finally come on turn 480 to march against hell. Bringing the fight to the infernal come a stack of Mounted Mercenaries 67 strong, with a small 4 strong Adept detachment. Among the ranks are all of the weathered veterans with their magical weapons. Staff of Souls, Orthus Axe, Scorched Staff, Pieces of Barnaxus, and the bloodied heavy iron swords of the rank and file...marching on the last and greatest threat to world peace and harmony.

Former barbarian stronghold turned infernal Stratus falls immediately. As we advance into the desert wastes, it takes all the efforts of our mages to keep the unholy flames at bay. Travel is slowed due to the effort this extracts on our inexperienced acolytes.

Finally, approaching the towering walls of Dis, our troops pass over a mana node, corrupted for the use of the Infernal demon wizards. Our adepts are so weakened by its oppressive aura, they are forced to stop, even with Dis within sight on the horizon. A small detachment of our main force stays behind to protect our valuable but frail wizards, while the main force sends the fight to Hyborem himself.

This would go down as the most bloody battle in the history of mankind. Our massive hosts rides into the city facing horrible otherworldly creatures. Amongst the carnage of the battle, Hyborem, destroyer of worlds, can be seen tearing flesh asunder with complete abandon. He leads a force of Diseased Corpses, unholy creatures of undeath that know nothing but war, as well as demonic champions, longbowmen, warriors, and nettling imp wizards blasting fire from hidden places.

After intense fighting, Dis is ours! Through sheer numbers and the strength of our more experienced units, we are finally able to overcome the seemingly insurmountable odds.

The two most worthy combatants were each given magical items sacked from Dis, the Infernal Grimoire and Hyborem's Gela. Thus they joined the fabled elite at the top of army command.

Our adepts recover their powers, and two turns later, the much weaker Kalocly falls.

The demonic horde is almost broken. To the south they have their city of Despero, and to the far north a former barbarian city under their control.

We finish warhorses on 486 and Construction on 487.

The battle of Dis had destroyed roughly half of our entire mounted force. The battle of Despero was slightly less bloody. It finally fell on turn 487.

To our surprise, we learned that the barbarians had taken back their northern city from the significantly weakened infernals. Thus, with the razing of Despero, the Infernals were once again banished from this earth.

My final Civics were City States/Nationhood/Arete/Agriculture/Basic Care/None. I had 17091 gold in the treasury and an gross income of 1655 gpt. I had Runes of Kilmorph as my religion, spread to 19 out of my 31 cities. I had pretty much automated building in all my cities to whatever the recommended choice was at the end. My main attacking force was reduced to less than 30 at the end, but there were some crazy promoted guys in there. We're talking ~100 XP! That's fun right there.

Attached is the save the turn before the win.

Spoiler :

Overall, I think this was an amazingly fun thing to do! I know I kind of did this all sorta fast, but I wanted to finish it quick because I'm starting school again and wont have much time to finish it later. The Hippus are amazing, of course, but part my decisive victory was the imbalance issue of mercenaries in Epic speeds. I didn't realize that the cost to buy them does not scale with speed! So it costs the same 120 gold to buy a Str 5+/Move 3 unit on Quick, Normal, or Epic. Meanwhile, the Hammer cost for everything else increases, so you can out military everyone who has to buy their stuff the hard way.

I didn't even get to use my other cool unique features (I could've, it just seemed like a military I have to actually BUILD wasn't really worth it in comparison)

So my Hippus are even better on these speeds at which FFH is really not balanced for. I think the next MLG should maybe go to normal speed with a bigger map if it's FFH again.

I can't wait to see how everyone else's game plays out!

Attachments

• Tasunke AD-0487.CivBeyondSwordSave
    363.3 KB · Views: 74
The Tale of Sabathiel - ch. VI

Spoiler :

Right into the turnset we get a pleasant surprise: The Bannor are doing well on the research front.

Now lore-wise the Elohim are good and the defenders of Erebus against all evil. Naturally the follow FoL or the Order, sometimes Empyrean too. But I#ve never seen this yet..´.

Hilarious! One more reason to go for the Elohim at some point - the Bannor can't acknowledge an evil realm as their neighbor.

We get an event Ozbenno would be glad to have. For the Bannor it's useless though.

A major tech arrives finally. Now I can actually improve my land...

And the Bannor get their first and most deadly hero: Welcome, Mr. Valin Phanuel!

Funny coincidence that he appears the exact same turn as Rosier the Fallen, which is perfect lore-wise.

And the next important tech, for my invasion of Hannah.

The Dwarves had declared on Auric earlier, and I joined too. A good opportunity to get Valin some XP for later :D.

I get a Great Sage. Academy here we come...

I had met Perpentach, the score leader, earlier. Now we meet this handsome guy...

And still doing fine...

I plan on building up my army while beating up Auric and then pay Hannah a visit. Now for Ozbenno's question, evaluating your civ.

Well, the start made it hard for anyone not rushing due to lack of room for expansion. The Bannor are all about early expansion because they can afford it with the Organized Trait and cheap Courthouses. That was a severe handicap here. Also my plan of going for Order slackened my early game pace because I needed to bend research to techs that didn't help improving the land at all. On other maps this is not so bad because you have more cities generating commerce and not so much djungle. But here it was a real setback.

Yet I think that now the good times are ahead, and that what makes the Bannor strong: Building a big empire, if needs be on the blood of your foes. Now that I've got Valin Phanuel the fun will begin :D . And I've shifted my capital more towards production now to get a good army...

All in all, it's better than I expected with this map and the deliberate peaceful play in the early stages. Let's see how this cooks out...

Turn 300-350:

Spoiler :

So, at turn 300, we had expanded the ‘order’ faith to 62% and chosen to try and win by religious victory. In this turnset we will try to grow our order-practicing cities while also converting other cities.
This is a first for me in a few different ways. Firstly, as I have mentioned before, I have never played the Calabim before and I am finding them enjoyable. Secondly, I have never adopted ‘order’ before. I’m still not too sure what to think of it. My favorite so far as been ‘fellowship of leaves’. Lastly, I have never pursued a religious victory before.

At the beginning of the turnset, some greek declares that we are the most cultured civilization. This makes sense as our greatest rivals, Ethne and Perpentach have been defeated or severely pruned. You can see that we are closing on fanaticism (and our hero) but that our research rate is unsustainable. Previously we have been affording higher research by conquest of barbarian and Lanun cities.

If you remember, in our last turnset we lost a galley to a sea turtle by giving longterm go-to orders to our galley and ending our turn next to it. Well… I did it again. RIP 2nd galley to inattention and laziness. Luckily, it was empty. But we are now reduced to 0 navy.

I tried sending acolytes into Charadon’s territory in the hopes of speeding the conversion process. There’s only one little problem. The only entrance to his lands is guarded by that lich guy and when I move close, he summons powerful earth elementals and kills my missionaries (and their guards). It will be interesting to see how those of you who need access to his core cities (for conquest victories for example) get around this. Oh well, I guess I won’t be converting him after all. I’ll need to expand the ‘order’ in some other way.

As you can see, we have finished researching ‘fanaticism’ (and started building Losha Valas, our hero in our highest hammer city). I set reseach to optics to help us get missionaries to the Girgori and Malakim (and kill that sea turtle/sea serpent).

When you have a city that converts to ‘order’ and you have the ‘fanatacism’ technology, it produces a crusader for you (sometimes- I don’t know what controls that). Notice that as our cities came out of revolt, maintenance went up. Research is down to a measly 10%. Optics is gonna take 25 turns.

Its sort of anti-climatic, but we get a passive spread and use another missionary on turn 312 to get religious influence to 80% and on turn 313, I get my first religious victory.

We win with one hundred and forty-two thousand points.

Sorry I don’t have an end-turn save. I did, and called it ‘vamps in the lead’ then I tried a Flauros game to actually play with vampires since I didn’t get to in this game and ended up saving over this save. Sorry.

Thoughts on turns 300-350:

Spoiler :

So that ending was sort of disappointing; we never got to play with any vampires, we never got to play with our national hero, Lasha, and we never got to play with the powerful order hero, Sphenor (or whatever he’s called).

What we did get to do was use our UB, the breeding pit (+2 food, +1 unhealthy) in some of our food-starved cities (like Garduk) to give them a little boast at the beginning.
The other UB, the governor’s manor, replaces the courthouse and gives +1 hammer per unhappy citizen but instead of reducing maintenance costs by 40%, reduces them by 20%. It also lets you build vampires once you research feudalism. As seen by my having to reduce the science slider to a measly 10% at turn 300, you can tell that this bites you pretty hard. I much prefer a regular courthouse.
We also got to use our axeman replacement UU, the moroi. And I have to say that they ROCK. +20 strength and +1 movement from burning blood, combined with loyalty promotion from starting law mana means you have really tough axemen.
I like the Calabim palace mana. Law with body, in combination with haste, allowed for an extremely mobile, extremely effective fighting force fairly early in the game. Also, shadow mana helps take out pesky archers.

Okay, so that’s my thoughts on the civ.
Here are some thoughts on the game. Again, sorry we didn’t see a single vampire sucking blood, but other than that, it was a very satisfying game. I really like the moroi and I liked the warring we did. In my opinion, I used both of our traits fairly well. I leveraged the aggressive trait from the get-go (with a hammer heavy start near the fruit of Yggdressil as opposed to most people who played who went with a commerce heavy start) to rush Auric whom I knew could be trouble. Aggressive continued to play an effective part in my wars of conquest against Ethne and the barbarians. I got to use the philosophical trait, in conjunction with the great library to excellent effect and got about 3 academies by the end of the game. Also, the first sage went to bulbing sanitation (yes that was an accident but I now will use that trick more and more- whenever I can put off getting mysticism).
I really tanked the economy near the end, but, in my own defense, I hadn’t realized that governor’s manors sucked like that and I had built lots of them. Is the only way to continue expanding at the same rate to adopt 'order' and build bassilica. 'cause if so, that sucks.

I liked the calabim a lot, but never got to use vampires so i played an offline game and after securing some initial land, played a peaceful game until i was ready to use them. This is what i did. I started playing a Flauros game and teched to necomancy, started the tower of necromancy, teched to feudalism, built many vampires and adepts, upgraded the adepts with entropy, chaos, body, law, shadow, then teched sorcery, used metamagic to turn all my mana into death and went conquering. What i would do is have my vamps eat a city or two to get death II and combat 3+, then send them to fight. The adept would cast haste, dancing blades, blur on the vampires, then rust on the enemy stack and the vampires would each summon a spectre. My spectres had 'strong' from the tower of necromancy for +1 strength and 7 sources of death mana (including one from the tower itself) for a total strength of 11. that and the vampires was enough to steam-roll everyone. I never finished the game, but i did satisfy myself that vampires are indeed the chiznit.

@Immaculate:

Spoiler :
Pretty impressive game, as expected. Very well done :goodjob: !

@ Imhotep:

Spoiler :

Thanks- i look forward to seeing you spread order as well. Maybe you'll actually get to use the inquisitor function- i was looking forward to that but i never even saw another religion founded

In answer to Ozbenno
Spoiler :
The Amurites seem to me to be a strong late game civ/weak early game civ. Of course you can go the generic route and acquire an early army of tier 1 soldiers, but if you veer to far down that path you put off acquiring their real strengths in the Magic tree. So I feel that laying a general foundation militarily and economically for bear survival and then bolting rapidly down the Magic tech tree is the best option for them.

One obvious bonus for the early game is that they start with Meta Magic and Fire, giving them very useful early game adepts. Other than that they don't really come into their own until the arrival of Govannon.

A negative with this civ is that they could be considered pretty one dimensional, as going any other route besides the Magic tree would be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Turns 301-350
Spoiler :
This turn set starts off with us being the 3rd wealthiest nation.

Then promptly Udenarat completes the Catacomb Libralus. I plan on heavy expansion to the south so this will come in handy when I really start to Mage Pump and begin to subjugate the world. Plus it fits the role play of Dain spreading the influence of his Mage's and Sage's to counter the growing influence of the Overlords.

Hmm, we don't kill witches actually, but thanks for asking.

Lots of deaths in the southern city of Nimarail, a graveyard should help. Which I promptly have my army plunder. They find some loot btw.

The main tech for the Amurite people has arrived. With both these UU's I should quickly be able to create an army capable of smiting my weakly neighbors. I also want to build the wonder but will hold off as of yet.

A Great Sage was born in Cevedes and promptly founded an Academy in Udanarat.

Here I start researching helpful techs to boost the war effort and economy. Warfare is first off the list as I like the promotions and I love the wonder.

Next is code of laws. We will need courthouses to keep the cost of expansion down to a minimum.

An eerie tree was found growing in the surrounding Forrest. It was cut down and moved in the the city square, giving happiness to all but as the cost of beckoning in Armageddon all the closer.

Next off the list was Calender leading to Festivals. I like the buildings that Festivals allow as they increase happiness and income. I also learned Animal Husbandry on the way to Trade, as I want to be able to swap some tech to speed things along.

Here is Hemah. He will come in handy. Now we just have to wait for Govannon before it's go time.

I learned Horseback Riding and Trade in short order, and then traded with the Lunan for Cartography and Masonry.

I want to get some more production out of Cevedes but that won't for a awhile. Till then I'll just great people farm. Udenarat is my work horse and will continue to be so as I want it to build the wonder that comes with Warfare. Nimrail isn't too bad either, and for now they will be supplying my troops and Mages. The great expansion will begin in the next turn set I predict.

Spoiler :
I just keep on attacking. The barbs will end their peace at some stage but may as well keep at it while we have some advantage.

We take the next city on our path.

I choose Sailing as next research as Hannah will be my next target I think.

Time for some burning.

I leave the axes to take care of Ethne while Rantine goes converting.

I destroy Ethne and realise my economy is tetering, so need to step back a bit.

My first hut pop of the game :goodjob:

After Sailing, I decide I need markets to stabilise the economy so choose Calendars --> Festivals

Have you noticed these events don't actually affect the AC? :confused:

The problem with being an orc is that you get bored with peace quickly. :mischief:

We get all Festivalled up and choose Code of Laws. I start markets up in all my cities.

Another civ done away with.

This was not unexpected.

There have been no religions founded so I try my hand at OO.

The first orchish wonder is built.

The next wave starts.

We found Overlords on turn 350. I convert and start Mind Stapling.

The war starts promisingly.

Getting my troops over there will be the hardest thing until I get drowns. I thought warrens would give me double boats but no dice. :mad:

We're up to 14 cities, madly building markets mainly.

The plan is to go after Hannah, then Perpentach, while we figure out how to get to Cassiel and explore more so we can discover the other 2 civs.

Thoughts on the orcs.

Spoiler :
I hadn't used them before but I think they can be quite good. I have in hindsight realised that the world spell should be used very early for exploration and hut popping, if you leave it late the economy will probably crash. A larger less crowded map would be interesting as Rantine could be used to convert cities and as the other AI struggles with the barbs, the orcs can get moving. I'll hopefully get to use my wolf riders and lizards in the next 50 turns to see if they are any better/worse than normal units.

Thoughts on this game.

Spoiler :
I don't think this was a good map. Creation maps don't seem suited for overcrowding. It would have been better to use the standard amount of civs. It was too easy to rush early in this game.

Attachments

• Jonas Endain AD-0350.CivBeyondSwordSave
    268.6 KB · Views: 115
Strategy

Spoiler :
Complete Rosier the fallen.
Pick up fill in techs towards Trade and Code of Laws to maintain my research rate
Move towards Malevolent Designs for some more tasty high powered units

Spoiler :

Take a triple civic switch. Having decided not to move my capital then the fact that I can ignore unhappiness and will have a large sprawling empire makes City States essential and the other two just give me slightly more experienced troops.

AS I am finishing off Ethne I bump into Perpentach. Oh well we will finish him off soon enough.
I give him a 1 sided tech trade but pick up two useful techs to move me along my research path.

With Ethne nearly finished on turn 260 its time to take out Garrim with Rosier and start the second front.

And 6 turns later he is toast

Now my capital has been running an engineer solidly who pops nicely timed for the Great library in Hyborems’ nest

Meanwhile we have decided to finish off Auric and find out he is very backward by having a real dead end piece of land

So at the of the Turn
We are now digesting Perpentach and our empire is fairly huge and its just a question of chewing through the AI one by one

We have nearly finished researching fanaticism and the Infernal grimoire should be timed for Malevolent designs.

After Perp Hannah is next and basically we are going to Raze everything to boost the AC and grow our cities with manes.

Attachments

• Hyborem AD-0300.CivBeyondSwordSave
    239.3 KB · Views: 79
Kandros Fir/Khazad, strategical thoughts:

Spoiler :
Ah, the Khazad... the true Dwarves of FFH.

The Khazad get, for the same price as other civilizations, stronger siege weaponry with the Trebuchet and the Dwarven Cannon. They need those, however, since Khazad are unable to use high-level mages, instead they have to rely on their siege or priests and druids for the colleratal damage.

The Dwarven UB is the Dwarven Smithy, which gives larger amounts of hammers if you have strategical metals. More hammers is good, of course!

Furthermore, every city gets a free Dwarven Vault. That's good, right? Not necessarily... it all depends on the gold. Less than 100 gold for each city will give a happiness penalty (2 angry faces even for less than fifty gold), while more than 150 gold for each city give various bonuses, up to +3 happiness, +40% hammers, and a GPP bonus for more than 500 gold. A greedy people, those dwarves. Thankfully, both Dwarven leaders get Ingenuity to offset it a bit (which gives +50 gold at the start and makes upgrading units 50% cheaper).

Because the Khazad have to keep their coffers full at all time, they go hand in hand with the religion Runes of Kilmorph, which gives extra gold rather than culture (and fits thematically as well. The Dwarves are said to be the children of Kilmorph, and both heroes of the Runes are Dwarven). In addition, the Runes of Kilmorph open up Arete, a strong civic which gives 20% extra GPP, 1 extra hammer for mines, and the ability to goldrush. I won't be looking for using the last ability, though. ;)

The two leaders of the Khazad call for a different approach. Arturos Thorne has in addition to Ingenuity Industrious/Organized, which are FDR's traits and make him the king of wonderwhores with the Khazad affinity for hammers. Kandros Fir (the one I play) on the other hand has Aggressive/Financial, Ragnar's traits. Kandros will be looking to leverage the Khazad hammers into units while Financial keeps the economy alive.

In conclusion, the Khazad are top-tier producers with a fairly strong economy owing to leader traits, however the gold requirement might be hard sometimes. (I'm sure not going to get any demands to hand over all that cash... right...) Kandros seems best suited for a military victory (domination or conquest), since his traits push him to war. I'll be looking to leverage that warmongering ability of his a lot.

First 100-150 turns up later today. I'm going to hurry it up a bit to catch up with the rest.
(and thx Ozbenno for the save ;) )

:bump:

Lots of gaming still going on i hope?
I am eager to see mature empires taking on the world, building towers, etc.
In most cases, the civs have started to mature in very distinct ways and it would be interesting for me to see the differences based on civilization and play-style choice.
I hope people aren't losing interest.

i.

@Immaculate:

I'm just waiting for the others to get to 350... :) I'll finish my game in any case.

Not losing interest, but lost playability. Should be back by next week. I'm very interested in completing the game, but I think I'll have to set my sights on a certain victory very soon.

Q: Do Treants produced by the Ljosalfar World Spell have the same rules as summons or will they walk until they die? I want to see the applications of that in a domination victory.

They last three turns i believe.
i.

I have not lost interest, I am just bogged down now that school has started. Plus I am a little bit ahead, or on pace I should say and so if others can catch up all the better. Your winning so quickly did take a little bit of the drama away though!

Seriously?

I hope not... especially with all the games being so different.

P.

Top Bottom