Many Leaders Game 8 - Fall From Heaven

I am still in. I just was out of time. Now my final exam is over and my girlfriend went away for some time, thus I think my game will go on.;)

Spoiler :
Time to get this baby going again.

We are attempting to overrun the Lanum at the moment. Conquest or Domination are set as our victory goal. I have found Octopus Overlords and I'm on the path to building Saverous. After that I'm not really sure where to go, probably just bigger and better military.

Check us out!

The two civs we haven't met aren't that flash which is good for us.

We discover Charadon.

The war with Hannah goes well.

We also take a city of the barbs.

Research wise, I Mind Stapled, then Constructed and Philosophied! Went Wicked, Currencied and finally went all Priesty but not fully :confused:

Things might get interesting here, especially with my army all the other way across the world. He has a stack (including Rosier) around my northern borders.

I decide to pre-empt an attack and get peace with Hannah to draw my forces back east. If he declares, I'll lose a few cities but with Saverous on the way, I should prevail.

Perpentach ends up declaring on Charadon so I could have finished Hannah if I wanted. Troops are massing against Perpy, so I may as well have a crack at him.

Pop a GS, which I don't really want so another academy I thinks.

At turn 400, we have re-amassed the armies sort of, some troops are still to make it to the front so about 10 turns are going to be needed before we can declare. I have two armies ready(ish). One is going to strike into his territories, led by Rantine and the other is going to chase down Rosier in Dovilello territory, led by Saverous.

I have quite a few cities at the moment. Hopefully I can pop a Prophet out of Garduk (24% chance and rising) to build the shrine.

The next 50 will be concentrating on war with Perpentach and then Charadon, clean out the east. I'll start an army of axes and drown to take down Hannah as well, hopefully clearing a path to Cassiel.

Spoiler :
Well this turn set was a relatively simple endgame. With Rosier and hyrborem its really just a question of rolling over the AI.

A trade before we roll over charadon with Cartography letting me get (even at the cost of one sided deals) a good idea of where the AI are.

Hyborem when severely buffed can even devour Archeron at relatively good odds.

We took malevolent Designs from the infernal grimoire which added more high power troops to our options and Eidolons were started ready for the second front vas Hannah.

We took the barbarian cities on route to charadon but the liche was too scary even for Hyborem.

And on turn 318 we declare.

By turn 325 he is already a busted flush

And on turn 325 he dies.

W e had by now sent Eidolons into Hannah land ready to finish her off and had nearly done so when on Turn 332 we pop an unexpected religious victory

Attachments

• Hyborem AD-0332.CivBeyondSwordSave
    267.5 KB · Views: 84
Congrats and a very entertaining read....
nice to see the land all hell-e.

i.

Well I'll have tyo quit my game since I lost 0.32 in a reformat and can't redownload it.

BTW, anyone interested in a new FFH SG? I was thinking something silly like Kuriorate Domination.

I'd play another MLG, but my schedule is too random for an SG. I don't want to be a deadbeat!

I played up to turn 400 and buried one foe under the hoofs of Valin Phanuel :D . Report follows tomorrow at the latest...

The Tale of Sabathiel - ch. "forgotten" ;)

Well, "tomorrow" has gone by some weeks now, and I've been playing a lot of BtS MP lately. But it's time to come back to this and tell something new of the Tale of the Bannor and their crusade for law and order...

Spoiler :

With Valin Phanuel completed it was important to get the Blitz promotion ASAP. I had attacked Auric earlier and was gaining XP for Valin, and I teched to Military Strategy the same time. As I'm Organized too I can build Command Posts without a Great General, so that's a bonus too. In fact I got the free GG from reaching Military Strategy first, and I attached him to Valin Phanuel for more XP per battle.

Poor Auric couldn't withstand with only warriors.

Vassalizing wasn't possible as Feudalism is still a good deal away, but it's okay for the Bannoe to outright kill evil civs I think :D . Next tech was Priesthood - we want these religious lore geeks with the Medic II promo and the cool spells :) .

Time to die, Hannah.

I captured the coastal city of course, but Hannah wiped out my whole navy with just 1 Dragonship :lol: .

A win-win situation: Kill Orthus, get his Axe and a city with access to Bronze :D .

Currency next, need to improve my economy with all those new cities.

Speaking of which...

Founded a new city down at Garduk too - for the all important Reagents.

Get an excellent event thanks to Junil :) !

Add another one...

...and get something shiny!

Poor Hannah literally collapsed by the virtues of Valin Phanuel alone and is totally tanked. Vassalizing might be a problem here too... ;)

Stay tuned for more to come in the next weeks...

Imhotep

Time to continue the orcish adventure..

Spoiler :
Smart orcs, love it.

We are working towards a plan of taking out Perpantach but best plans mice men etc.

He shows up right in the middle of my Lanum conquests. Not good.

Especially when he declares on me straight away.

We start losing cities to Hyborem as our army is the other side of the world and he has free Champions and Hyborem. I dispatch Saverous back that way and whip out some defenders.

I get the troops (with Rantine) I need in the east to declare on Perpentach.

With some success.

Tech wise I'm heading for Iron Working. Of course, Hyborem has stolen my only source of iron.

The first death of Hyborem is achieved.

I pop a Great Bard, which I use for a golden age (was trying for a Prophet for a shrine).

Second and more permanent death of Hyborem.

And banishment back to hell.

While we have the troops over here, we may as well take out Hannah.

And one more opponent consigned to the history books.

After 450 turn, we are in wrap-up stage, conquest (3AI left) or religious (OO at 62%) should be possible. Hannah is down to 2 cities I think so will be gone soon. I have been amassing troops ready to take out the Doviello, they will be ready in 10 turns or so.

Wow- and here i was thinking that this thread was dead.

An interesting read; thanks for keeping up interest- i look forward to the last chapters.

i.

I finished this off during the week in preperation for 0.34.

Spoiler :

Was aiming at either a religious or conquest victory.

Declared pretty quickly on Charadon, after the Perpentach troops reached the north.

Never seen this before (the new artwork for fire elementals that is), whipped Stygian Guards (one of my favourite units) in nearby cities to see off the danger.

Bye bye Hannah.

I only have to take on city and Charadon capitulates.

Finally get my Prophet for the shrine.

I meet varn Gossam, realise that conquest will be hard here so start (even more) Octopus spam.

And win a religious victory.

Well done to the orcs.

Congrats. They weren't so stupid in the end.

Maybe i missed it, but when did the barbs turn on you?

immac.

Top Bottom