MAP development

Wonderfull screenshots! :goodjob: And you even managed to put Gaza on the map. That's fantastic.
Gaza BTW would be another great candidate for our slum building. Then we might even narrow Gaza's borders further.

The enlargement of the Palestine area is sacrificed by giving up some lands in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. The overall contour is not as nice as it was, but I think it is acceptable.

Concerning Panama:
Another possibility would be to make Panama part of Neutral States and have them have open borders with everyone. Neutral is a smaller civ than Minor so you couldn't move your troops around everywhere. Just tiny Switzerland, Sweden, Turkmenistan, Costa Rica and Panama.

Great idea. I think this makes sense.

I don't agree that Panama should be Neutral... all the countries in that civilization are the ones are that officially neutral... Panama is not.

I see your point DVS, perhaps give panama to one of the other central american states and make them very friendly to the US?

Otherwise I agree leave it neutral, its probably the best of a bad situation and garuntees freedom of passage to all nations shipping (I believe the Panama Canal takes shipping from any country, aslong as they pay!).

Genghis, what are you going to do for Panama?

I don't mind. May be just make it minor nations.
I just realise at the moment, not only panama is a canal, but San Jose is also placed on a tile that can be used as canal. I might need to change the location of San Jose.

Hi there,

As requested by some of you, attached is an excel file with the city list of the scenario.

Note that, only the first two spreadsheets ('Civilizations' and 'City pop') would be of relevance.

Attachments

• 2009AD_Stat v0.6.zip
    50.7 KB · Views: 100
Thanks for that, looks good!

Question: Where is the British military base of Diego Garcia (Indian Ocean)? IS this being represented by a fort? Either way, I think it should be included as it is a very important naval base and also probably a staging post for nuclear missles (UK+US).

Thanks for that, looks good!

Question: Where is the British military base of Diego Garcia (Indian Ocean)? IS this being represented by a fort? Either way, I think it should be included as it is a very important naval base and also probably a staging post for nuclear missles (UK+US).

Yes, it is going to be a fort only, since there is no local population.

Perfect! Thanks for the file. I'll start researching for ideology distribution and upload the list again when finished.

Exactly. This is the way we want it.

And as sheep said, in reality if the EU greatly increased their military spending and production, they could be a super power.

To be honest it doesn't need a military to be a superpower. It's an economic and diplomatic superpower in its own right and in the near future that will be more important than military prowess.

The world looks absolutely fantastic Kai, can't wait to sink my teeth into it.. (I have to play as the UK first though, and see if I can't reclaim the former British Empire..). :D

I spent some time looking at how to make minor nations to be at peace with all the nations by default. I couldn't find any xml or python code related to this setting so I wonder that this has to be done in the C code.

Does anyone already know how to make it?

I guess a start would be increasing the research abilities of small civs, this could be done a number of ways. Should we also reduce the cost of techs every time a civ discovers them?
Maybe always when new tech ladder is discovered, each ladder before it gets like -10% or -20% of tech cost cutted off. Technologies just do spread over borders in today's life.

The map looks great by the way and I just love EU civ, Finland as a part of superpower in modern scenario :goodjob:.

Maybe there should be rule that when one plays the game first time he/she needs to use his/her native country :p.

THAT'S cool! I always thought that something like this would be awesome...

wow! That is one helluva find, thankyou for sharing!

I could easily help with naming Brazilian places accurately, if that mod proves easy to be used. If you ever need it, please contact me. :)

Top Bottom