Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by peyoan, Aug 14, 2011.
Can you make an Old World map, not for any scenario in mind but there are a lot of possibilties
Is there any way to make a map that's not hex-based? Like with arbitrarily shaped provinces instead?
not that i'm aware of, sorry.
Hello. I don't know if this thread is still relevant, but I'll try anyway
I would love a map of Polynesia, Micronesia and Melanesia. Would you be interested.
Here is a simple map http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pacific_Culture_Areas.jpg
Hmmm, this is interesting. How big of a map? Are you looking for realism, or practicality (ie, pull ocean distances shorter for gameplay purposes?).
Would you want included any portion of Australia, Indonesia, or the coast of Americas?
How many cities / what cities more specifically would you want to be able to represent?
Skyrim has distracted me from Civ5 for awhile but I'm still open to throwing together maps not previously represented elsewhere.
Hi! I don't know if you are still taking requests, but if you are, I would appreciate VERY MUCH a map of Europe, about 80X50, stretching from Tripoli to Iceland and from the Azore Islands to Moscow.
I don't know if this is too much to ask, but it is worth asking!
If you would be willing to make a North America map east to west coast with a 'tiny' amount of sea either side including, alaska, canada and south to the mexican border, on a huge map.
If you could make it with a lot of tundra, desert, plains and not alot of grassland that would be good, grassland maybe only in rural low population areas.
The goal is that I want to revive my old attempt to make a Fallout Scenario (based on the quadrilogy of games made most famous by the recent Fallout 3 pfff!) So the whole of the U.S. has gone boom in a rather large and unpleasant chain of nuclear bangs!
If large cities could be marked with a feature of your choice that would also be cool. but the most important part is an accurate representation of the basic geography of america, I can then play around adding in resources etc. although accurate locations of resources would also be a nice touch as I can make these 'resource heavy' goal type areas.
Thanks in advance if you can deliver any of this.
If not no worries and stay safe!
Hello. I am working on a scenario that would involve the following playable countries and non playable city states:
Countries - California, Texas, Cascadia (British Columbia, Washington and Oregon), Russia, Mexico, Venezuela and Colombia.
Non playable city states - Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama and Costa Rica.
I would like a map that models the Pacific and Arctic coasts of Russia, the Bering Sea, and the Pacific coast from Alaska to Colombia. The map should not be completely accurate but mostly accurate. For example, Texas and Alaska can be downsized as long as they are still larger than the other states and Mexico can be downsized a bit. South American countries other than Colombia and Venezuela need not be modeled. I picture the map being long with a large expanse of the Pacific being modeled to allow for naval game play and maritime strategy.
Natural resources should be modeled accurately and major cities located in correct locations. My scenario is rather complicated to describe but I can give you a synopsis if you are interested.
I would like a map similar to Sven's Europe, but expanded to included Northern Africa and the entire Arabian Peninsula. Mostly so Songhai and Ethiopia could be added.
I think it would be fun to play a map of north american colonization with these civs:
European powers: north america in the mid 1700s:
perhaps in combination with some of these civs for some added flavour:
native american powers before colonization:
Russia also had a presence at some point:
New Amsterdam is also an option as civ or city-state.
I'd love to get a link if anything like this already exists , though i'm looking for North America only, not america + europe.
Hi I am looking for a large North America map roughly from Yucatan Peninsula ,Haiti up to northern Canada (but not including the territories) including British Columbia to the Newfoundland New Brunswick Nova Scotia all of Continental US. I have tried making several but just haven't had any luck.
I am trying to piece a WWI what if scenario Based on Harry Turttledove's books.
Thanks for any Help.... Frnknbry
Having to re-tweak maps whenever I play as a Nordic civ gets tedious; I'd love to generate suitable random terrain without beginning the game landlocked. Could you please write a hybrid mapscript that combines the terrain/feature rules from Boreal, with the landmass/coastline rules from Continents Plus? I'd be very happy to add that script to my Norse modpack project if you did that part...of course, you'd get credit in the modpack's Special Thanks section. Thank you for considering my request!
That's awesome that you would volunteer your time for other people! Good on you!
Okay, I would like to make my appeal as follows:
I have been playing Civilization since the original series (nearly 20 years now) and have played and purchased each one (though not all expansions). I've probably spent thousands of hours playing by now. And about 90% of the time, I play on realistic world maps.
Anyhow, I would like to ask you with all my heart to make a map where the major Eurasian powers have room to grow and colonize the New World (North America, South America, and Australia) and Africa. This is the game I want to play over and over again.
I know you don't want to do a world map, but I am begging you to help me create the map I want to play on over and over again. I can assure you that if you make the map I need, it will be much appreciated for countless hours and you will be thanked in my head repeatedly!
This is the map I so desperately want:
Based on Jonah's Medium Sized G&K Map with 24 civs:
- But even more enlarged Europe, Japanese Archipelago, and Korean Peninsula. This is to give the major powers room to grow.
- Most major cities in Europe can be founded. This includes real world locations such as Brussels, Geneva, Budapest, Vienna, Munich, Frankfurt, Bucharest, Warsaw, Belgrade, Seville, Barcelona, etc.
- Reduced Siberia and Central Asia land mass (Russians and Mongolians become too strong by expanding without check). This would lead to a slightly warped Eurasian continent where Northeast Asia is closer to Europe.
- I am looking for a balanced map rather than a map that is accurate. Most civs should be able to found at least three cities each. Exception: Dutch can build cities in the current real world locations of Amsterdam and Brussels only. Danes start with only Copenhagen location.
- I would like to have the Celts replaced by the English on Britain and put the Celts in Ireland. Britain should support three cities (London, Cardiff, and Manchester), while Ireland supports two cities (Dublin and Belfast).
- France supports five cities (Paris, Marseille, Toulouse, Brest, and Orleans).
- Germany supports four cities (Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, and Vienna).
- Two oil in North Sea. One for Norway and one for Britain.
- At a minimum, the English, French, Spanish, Germans, and Romans should be able to build at least three cities each on their real-life geography.
- Madrid is founded in the center of Iberia and there is enough room to establish Lisbon on the west coast.
- Istanbul is placed on a tile in Europe that connects it to Asia Minor, but also acts as an ismuth for the Black Sea.
- Japanese Archipelago (four home islands) is all connected so that the Japanese can build in real world locations of Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima, and Sapporo.
- Korean Peninsula is large enough so that the Koreans can build in real world locations of Seoul, Busan, and Pyongyang.
- North America, South America, Australia, and Africa are empty of civs.
- Australia is slightly smaller than it is in Jonah's map. So is Alaska.
- New Zealand is accurately portrayed as North and South Islands (separated by water) and smaller so that only one city can be built on each island.
- Natural resource placement is more accurate (ex: no oil in Australia, but oil on Borneo north coast).
- Java is the same three tiles as currently is, but with bananas on west side, grassland in center, and spices on the east side. North and south sea tiles of center both have fish. This is to support a very large population on Java. After all, in real life Java has over one hundred million persons!
- Philippines is more accurate-looking. I know this is challenging... But only three cities should be able to settled there (Manila, Davao, and Cebu).
- Borneo, New Guinea, and Celebes slightly smaller.
- One oil in Burma.
- Japanese should be programmed to colonize other islands. They never seem to leave the Japanese Archipelago and only attack the Koreans in every game I play!
- Okinawa exists as a single tile island. Jeju exists as a single tile island (if possible, but not required).
- One oil in sea between Sakhalin and Russian mainland. No oil in Sea of Japan.
- Concentration of oil in the Persian Gulf (like at least four oil resources).
- Singapore as an island is present and settleable.
- All major continental Southeast Asian cities (Hanoi, Saigon, Phnom Penh, Vientiane, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Rangoon, Mandalay, Kuala Lumpur) and can be built.
- There is oil in Xinjiang, Azerbaijan, and Kazakshtan.
- Cuba, Hispaniola, Jamaica, Trinidad, and Dominica can all be settled and look decent.
- One oil on Venezuela. And one on Ecuador.
- North America is slightly reduced and Canada cannot be settled that much except for major cities like Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, and Halifax.
- Alaska is not so big, but has oil. Gulf of Mexico has two oil (one for Mexico and one for Texas).
- Hawaii is represented properly. Honestly, I don't remember if it is or not in Jonah's map, but I want to settle only two cities with the big island of Hawaii as two tiles. There should be three islands total.
- Madagascar is not so big.
- One oil in Libya and one oil in Algeria. One also on Nigerian coast and one on Gabon.
- There are two golds and two gems in South Africa. Namibia has one gem and so does Botswana.
- All starting locations are accurate.
- All civs should have nearby access to iron, except for perhaps Dutch, Ottomans, Arabs, and Celts.
18 Civs (no city-states):
If you can upload this map, so I can play it as a mod regularly and without any bugs, I would thank you forever!
PLEASE, PLEASE consider my request. Thank you!!!
One thing I'm searching for for a long time is an Aegean Sea big map. For GnK, I mean.
I'd love to see an upper/lower canada map from when the area was settled, you could even include unique start locations for the french, english, iroqois, americans perhaps, it would be neat!
Any maps of the Roman battle of Alesia out there!? Sure would make a heck of a battle!
I've been looking for a good North America map but come up empty. I'm looking for Large size. I'd like most of Canada/Alaska, some Greenland, and the top of South America with a one-tile spot for the Panama Canal.
If that's something you'd be interested in making, I'd love playing it!
Something like this?
Holy crap that's beautiful!!! Where can I download it?
Can you make a map of Kyushu Island (in Japan)? I need it for a Sengoku scenario.
@siredgar: speaking of Kyushu, Fukuoka-Kitakyushu (either will do) is bigger than Hiroshima and probably more important to a modern scenario (seeing as you have Sapporo, I assume it is). No offence to any Hiroshimans reading.
Separate names with a comma.