1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Map requests

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Custom maps' started by peyoan, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

With the new patch what about adding bison and cocoa on an existing BNW Standard Earth Map ?

With only ancient and classic eras civs and city-states...

What about Alej's Standard Earth

And of course to have this map downloadable in Database...

Sad to see Civ 5 section dying :(

2. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Prince

Can yal make this MAP as big as possible so HUGE or bigger on the map scale ?

Attached Files:

3. SailorMercury

SailorMercury Chieftain

Tiny or Small 2 on 2 map request
    On the big picture the map will look like this

this is actually just a mirror east vs west map

listed below is the small detail that i missed out
    • Yellow Hexagon is team 1 and Red Hexagon is team 2
    • The Black X is the potential new city spot
    • there will be tons of resources on both side, all strategic and luxury resources will be given to both side
    • if possible, there will be resources on almost every hexagon on both side
    • distance between city is actually farther, i got no more space in paint
    • natural wonder will be abundant as well. if possible put all natural wonder in this map

note : i wanted to create this map myself, but somehow my sdk doesnt start properly, please help me to create this simple map...:D

4. oblisgr

oblisgr Chieftain

Hi guys, nice to meet you.

I am playing Civilization since Civ1 where we gathered in school to play it in a white-black screen with those square times and units. Loved it since then. Anyway...

I have difficulities making my own map in Civ5. (not much time with work and family, a little knowledge with the editor etc)

I want to have a tiny or small map (to be a bit faster) with many civs and planty of city states. Every civ will be able to have 1 city only. The map i want to be filled with as many civs and city states it can be. With borders not so long to fit more of them. I also want the position of civs and sity states if possible to be short so many more sities to fit.

But i cant find anything like this in network
    Can anyone make me a random map with these features?
    I would be really grateful because i will be able to play a bit.
    Thank you

5. Keinpferd

Keinpferd King

Has ever anybody seen the map creator Wallengren around these forums, maybe under a different moniker? On Steam, he calls himself Prayerman. His maps look nice, but unfortunately he didn't provide an upload link for them outside steam, like for example Hormigas did for his excellent Europe maps. I'm not a Steam customer, therefore can't pm him there, so I depend on getting a hold of Wallengren here to ask him personally or else hope, one of you readers of this thread uploads his Europe maps for the non-Steam public. I'm sure, that Wallengren wouldn't mind, since it only widens the audience for his creations.

I personally would need the G&K version. Thank you in advance.

6. Protagonist

Protagonist Warlord

7. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

8. spendabuck

spendabuck Chieftain

9. ray111

ray111 Chieftain

Would be mighty nice if someone made an actual map of Japan (that looks like Japan, not a banana) that can support more than 2 civs.. unlike the original ones (which are duel-small), preferably as TSL for Rising Sun: Civilisations of Old Japan, since the only good japan map is only on steam without any direct download links (and even that one isn't TSL)

Doesn't necesarilly have to be this huge, but would be nice if islands stayed islands. But I guess it could be easier to fit it into the huge map, rather than shifting it to fit smaller map, even if most of the sides would be just ocean.

10. porkpotpie

porkpotpie Chieftain

Hi all, new guy here. Don't know if this thread is still active or if requests are still being completed, but I'd like a map made. I'm looking for a map of France, with a bit of surrounding land, pretty much the France map from the Scrambled Countries DLC but without the scrambled part. [I'm trying to load up the WorldBuilder to build it myself, but it leaves me hanging each time. If someone could help me figure it out, that'd be great.] And now it works.

TL;DR, I'm looking for the scrambled countries France map but with realistic geographic features.

I'd be grateful if someone could help me out.
    Cheers, Pork

-Edit: Eh, screw it, now that World Builder works, I'm going to take a crack at it.

11. Takagi Hiro

Takagi Hiro Prince

I would like to second this. The standard Japan maps are absolutely terrible.

12. aldonius

aldonius Chieftain

Hey folks, another SDK-less Mac user here.

My request today is very simple: a Standard size all-snow map much like Korae's video:

Link to video.

13. GenjiKhan

GenjiKhan Emperor

Opening the first map request of 2016, my request is humble: A map like Small continents, with:

• The continent clusters holding up 2 or 3 civs, and 4 or 6 city states,

• The continent clusters are isolated from each other in such a way that any civilization will only be able to meet a 3rd or a 4th civilization after Astronomy(or if Polynesia gets to meet everyone first and then research Printing Press :mischief:) .

• Scaled up to 8, 10, 12 civilizations, and if you wish, you can go beyond that

14. yaidin

yaidin Chieftain

Genjikhan, i'll be working on your map request! Once i'm done i'll put it on the steam workshop and tell you about it.
    I'll add everything you asked for, and i'll make it earth-like (not the continents, but with climate and mountains etc...)

15. Pythoner06

Pythoner06 Chieftain

Hi everyone! I want to make a request of a map about the IX chilean region: the Araucania. Thanks in advance!

16. Hippie_Peace_man

Hippie_Peace_man Chieftain

Is there a standard or small Mediterranean map?

17. Hippie_Peace_man

Hippie_Peace_man Chieftain

Nvm, I made one myself by cropping the Europe Extended TSL map (no, this map is not TSL).

Attached Files: