[Vanilla] Mapping Civilization VI (Base Game up to the SEA DLC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you refresh and check it is still there

I refreshed the page, there's no link for the full-size Scythia map. Before you updated it, the link for the Spain map showed the Scythia one.

I refreshed the page, there's no link for the full-size Scythia map. Before you updated it, the link for the Spain map showed the Scythia one.

Ok I've gone into the code, and it should be working now

All I know is that you are going to have your work cut out for you when the first expansion arrives.

All I know is that you are going to have your work cut out for you when the first expansion arrives.

Not so concerned with the city list, my main concern is the Big Map, the Middle East is already a mess and we have at least one of Akkad, Babylon, Assyria and/or Hittites at some point

Not so concerned with the city list, my main concern is the Big Map, the Middle East is already a mess and we have at least one of Akkad, Babylon, Assyria and/or Hittites at some point

Are you saying Akkad will become a Civ? That might be too much Mesopotamia for me. I rather have just Babylon and Assyria. Hittites I would like if they made the leader speak in the Hittite or Luwian languages. I'm disappointed in Gilgamesh's use of Old Akkadian.

No that the possibility exists that they could be one, but it is an out side shot

I've been researching Khmer for the update and half the maps I have seen include Champa (area around modern southern Vietnam) as part of its territory and the other half don't, so I'm at a quandary as to what to do

From the wikipedia entry it seems that Jayavarman VII all but defeated the Cham and conquered large parts of the territories it held. So one might conclude that inlcudes the champa region in south Vietnam. But a SEA-history expert will have better knowledge than wikipedia, so I'm not sure wat you should do..

My understanding is that, at least under Jayavarman, they never took control of all of those lands, just pushed the Champa back fiercely after having been beaten harshly themselves just prior to his reign. He turned his attention to internal affairs, rather than pushing for total control of that region.

Well If I thought people disagreed on Khmer, that's nothing than on Indonesia, its all over the map

Well If I thought people disagreed on Khmer, that's nothing than on Indonesia, its all over the map

I'm guessing that the territory for Majapahit varies from map to map?

I'm guessing that the territory for Majapahit varies from map to map?

If what I've read is correct, the archaeological and literary evidence doesn't agree about how far the Majapahit spread. The epic poem about Gaja Madah's conquests say he got a lot further than there is physical evidence for.

If what I've read is correct, the archaeological and literary evidence doesn't agree about how far the Majapahit spread. The epic poem about Gaja Madah's conquests say he got a lot further than there is physical evidence for.

That is correct, also there is a big debate as to if something was a tributary state or not

Will the city list help you in your determinations?

Maybe but not always, I go by the civ where it was at the time of the leader, which does not always line up with the city list, which is why it will be interesting to see what happens with Jakarta

OK after a day of work the Maps have now been updated

Full Nations Map

Cities Map

If I missed anything let me know, and feel free to share it around

Some comments on your Khmer and Indonesia maps:

Indrapura could also be this early Khmer city instead of the Champa capital.

I like how the Indonesian City list avoids settlement names from present-day Malaysia. It's like they are saving them for a Malaysian Civ! I wouldn't care if Malaysia never makes it to Civ though. :p I rather they put in Siam, Vietnam, Burma and even the Philippines before Malaysia.

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your maps. Just stumbled upon them recently.
Maps, History and Computer Games are my guilty pleasures, so thanks for combining them all!

Thanks, they're a guilty pleasure for me too

Some comments on your Khmer and Indonesia maps:

Indrapura could also be this early Khmer city instead of the Champa capital.

I like how the Indonesian City list avoids settlement names from present-day Malaysia. It's like they are saving them for a Malaysian Civ! I wouldn't care if Malaysia never makes it to Civ though. :p I rather they put in Siam, Vietnam, Burma and even the Philippines before Malaysia.

Yes that was a possibility but the Champa one was more well known and fit with the leader so I went with that.

I also noted that there were not Malay cities, it was an interesting omition given the extent of Indonesia at the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom