[R&F] Mapping Civilization VI Rise and Fall

One area I was not happy with the map first time round was The Cree, so I spent the day adding in the key rivers and relocating the city spots to be more accurate and expanded it to the Plains Cree historical boundries, also changed up the colour to work better now it overlapped both America and Canada.

Spoiler :

One area I was not happy with the map first time round was The Cree, so I spent the day adding in the key rivers and relocating the city spots to be more accurate and expanded it to the Plains Cree historical boundries, also changed up the colour to work better now it overlapped both America and Canada.

Spoiler :

Nice. Are you adding unique infrastructures to the maps for flavor?

Nice. Are you adding unique infrastructures to the maps for flavor?

Yes, I felt the need to add The Great Wall, and the others flowed after that

Spoiler :

I have tweeked a lot of the wonders, because some of them were really small for some reason, smaller than the tile improvements, so that had to change.

Spoiler :

One of the issues with Sweden is going to be where to draw the line with the lakes, there are sooooo many lakes, not Finland level of lakes but close.

Don't forget about the lakes, rivers, and islands of Canada.

After all, it has the longest coastline in the world when using a reasonable scale and precision of measurements), given the infamous coastline problem that baffles many geographers and cartographers.

Canada also has the most lakes in the world and many Canadian lakes are very irregularly shaped with some lakes having hundreds of bays and peninsulas that make Sulawesi (a large Indonesian island with four very long and very large peninsulas jutting from the centre of the island) easy to draw in comparison.

Last edited:
Don't forget about the lakes, rivers, and islands of Canada.

After all, it has the longest coastline in the world when using a reasonable scale and precision of measurements), given the infamous coastline problem that baffles many geographers and cartographers.

Canada also has the most lakes in the world and many Canadian lakes are very irregularly shaped with some lakes having hundreds of bays and peninsulas that make Sulawesi (a large Indonesian island with four very long and very large peninsulas jutting from the centre of the island) easy to draw in comparison.

Oh I am well versed in all of Canada's many, many, many islands, when you have to go over every island twice to add them (well 4 times when you add adding the base North American continent)

Spent the morning adding all the new world wonders and wow was the Golden Gate Bride fiddly

Spoiler :

Me: Yay they added Akkad, I'll quickly go add it to the map

Also Me An Hour Later Wondering Which Archeologist Got Akkad's City Location Right: Oh ... Oh no ....

Also Me An Hour Later Wondering Which Archeologist Got Akkad's City Location Right: Oh ... Oh no ...
Sadly, as far as I'm aware, we still don't know for sure where Akkad was. :(

If you just draw Vänern, Vättern, Mälaren and Hjälmaren, you're good.

Well I picked one, you have to wait for the full map reveal to see which one it was

Hi everyone, could you do me a big favour, if you see any geographical features names in any of the play throughs that just dropped, could you let me know here :)

Spotted these ones today

Tseax Cone, Yukon River, Rocky Mountains, Dasht-e Margo, Jordan River, Orontes River, Pearl River, Wallaqa Mayu, Te Awakairangi, Mount Taranaki, Rangitoto, Whakaari, Karapınar Desert, Zambezi River, Maniototo, Elbe River, Waynaputina, Uwinas, Hamp'atu, Willkapampa Range, Coropuna

So I have come across my first stumbling block so far

On the Maori city list there is a city called 'Pari-Ru' and for the life of me I cannot find where it is supposed to be

So I have come across my first stumbling block so far

On the Maori city list there is a city called 'Pari-Ru' and for the life of me I cannot find where it is supposed to be

Is it a Maori translation of an English placename?

Aren't you pushing yourself a bit too hard since you're endeavoring to add all the named geographical features in the game? How many are there anyway and isn't it randomly generated, and therefore would consist of more than 50 names?

Is it a Maori translation of an English placename?

Not that I can see atm

Aren't you pushing yourself a bit too hard since you're endeavoring to add all the named geographical features in the game? How many are there anyway and isn't it randomly generated, and therefore would consist of more than 50 names?

It has not really been a problem so far bar The Netherlands, I am so sorry The Netherlands

Top Bottom