Maps for RoM

Well, I got some help from strategyonly, meaning that RoM2.2 Huge Earth 18 civs will be updated to 2.3 and, as a result, 1066 AD for RoM 2.2 as well.;)

:goodjob: Huge Earthmap 18 civs for RoM 2.3 (version 1.0)

Rise of Mankind 2.3 Huge Earthmap with 18 civs for Rise of Mankind 2.3
================================================== ===

Civs present:

Egypt
India
China
Greece
Rome
Persia
Japan
Germany
Mongolia
France
Arabia
Spain
England
Russia
Mali
Inca
Aztec
America

Version: 1.0 (2.2 version 1.1 removed after 588 downloads total, 2.2 v 1.0 removed after 105 downloads)

Changes in 1.0:

- updated to RoM 2.3 (map update, resources added)
- minor map editing
- updated NOTES

change in 2.2 v 1.1:

- fixed end turn limit (game no longer ends in 750 AD).

Size: 748 KB (unzipped).

Same Download Page: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10207

__________________________________________________________________________________
Credits: thx to strategyonly for updating the map!:thumbsup:

Nice work JEELEEN and strategyonly. I was wondering if you could make a version of the make with just like the 4-5 oldest civ to enjoy a RoM revolution game?

Thank you
(I really have no clue about map making & scenario)

Huge Earthmap 18 civs for RoM 2.3 (version 1.0) is now at 600 downloads.;)

@Soul oWar: It's not that difficult to do, actually. For example, if you start this map (as a scenario), select the first civ in the list (Egypt) and on turn 1 open Worldbuilder (you can just use Notepad for that), then set all the civs you don't want as Playable civ=0 (standard setting is Playable civ=1) and save the WBS (WorldBuilderSavegame), you have just the scenario you suggest. (I'd do it myself, but at 6000 BC the only viable civs I can think of - historically speaking - are Egypt, India and China.)*

PS: If my concise explanation doesn't help you out, I can do it for you - just name the civs you want in and I'll upload the result here.;) (You know there's a 12 civ map already included with RoM 2.3.)

*Actually, even these three weren't around yet...

Thank you JEELEEN I'll try this when I finish my current game!

This map is my first attempt to make a historical mod for BTS, and I used ROM2.3 as a roof because all the glorious triumphs that Napoleon had done were in less than two decades and ROM had a longer and better technology tree fitting it. In addition, I locked game speed as "snail" to prolong the production of units and buildings.
The game began in November, 1799. Napoleon seizured the power by Coup d'état du 18 brumaire. At the same time, the Second Coalition had already nibbled and recontrolled North Italy under the lead of prince of the House of Savoy--Marshal Suvorov. Though he was defeated by Masséna before winter of the same year, a marvelous strategic retreat preserved the strength of the Coalition. When spring came to Alps, a new campaign would erupt ineluctablely in Appennini peninsula.

download link http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=7250144#post7250144 #18

1. I upgraded the starting diplomatic relationships.
2. I gave British navy some promotions. Now Britain starts with 23 ships, and Spain starts with 12 novices, France starts with 6 novices. France now need do some hard works to arm her navy.
3. I changed the starting cultures of all the cities to strengthen the cities' defences.

Some changes:
1. Remove the church of nativity from Roma.
2. Add Jerusalem the holy city of Islam. (Ottoman now has more cash)
3. Add ships for France and Spain for the battle of Trafalgar [sleeping in their harbors]. But there were no ships for the French armies retreating in North Africa. [Battle of the Nile was over. France had only 2 ships left and could not form a fleet. In 1800, French armies surrendered to Britain for a safe homing, but General Davout was taken custody for a while on the way home. I can not perform the historical incident in the game and I am afraid of Davout’s safety. So, I putted him on a small Portugal ship and gave the ship many moving promotion. ]
4. Updated all the bombards to cannons.
5. Change cities’ names form their original languages into English version. But there are still a little cities I am not sure whether I got a right English name. For me, I prefer French.
6. I have read some useful references and I decided to put the French armies in the city Cairo and Alexandria, but they were besieged by Ottoman and British navy. There was no assassin in the game, so I enhanced the enemies.

Here, some problems I can not figure out.
1. I really do not know how to make an effect without changing XML in the MOD's folder. Firstly, I tried to make a religion XML in the location [My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\rise of mankind\Assets\XML\GameInfo\] and it could not work. Then, I tried the same work in the location [civ IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Napoleon\Assets\XML\GameInfo] and the same thing happened. I can not get the right idea about [if you re-upload this as a Scenario with an Assets/XML/GameInfo you can include the CIV4ProjectInfo.xml therein (and then there's no need to make a backup of the RoM mod file).*]

2. I tried to make Tunis, Tripoli and Algiers barbarian cities; because they were not fully controlled by Ottoman and they were not definitely independent at that time. But when I played the game as France, one of these cities became Japan in the second turn!!!!!! If I give them to Ottoman, she may be too strong, so I temporarily cut down their population to 1.

3. Some world wonders, such as Angkor Wat, The Taj Mahal, University of sankore and Silk Road were not in Europe, but I have no idea to forbid them to be built in the game. I do not want change the XML, that will be bother.

I putted Sun Tzu's Art of War in Toulouse to give France some advantages; so many young men lost their lives in the great war.

I thought Encyclopedia should be putted in Paris but I could not find it in the buildings.

4. I can not give Puis VII the title of papacy at the beginning of the game. I do not know how to make the Papal State control the Apostolic Palace without an election.

Civs content[19]:
REPUBLIQUE DE FRANCE: She had large amount of generals in Paris but less troops at home. Masséna controlled North Italy with little armies, waiting for support form the new government. Paris and Toulouse were productive bases. General Davout was in a small carrack sailing back home. Malta was besieged by British navy and Ajaccio was in danger. A small troop was left desperately in North Africa desert but the Mediterranean was filled up with British navies.

ROYAUME DE GRANDE-BRETAGUE ET D'IRLANDE: Good economy and the strongest navies with less armies. At that time, George III was king of Britain, Ireland and Hanovre, and the organizer of the Second Coalition. She controlled the Mediterranean and had good relationships with other members and Portugal, Amsterdam was a good place for landing, but Lisboa perhaps was a better choice.

ROYAUME D'ESPAGNE and ROYAUME DE PORTUGAL: Both of them were not involved in the great war and regaining Gibralta was Spanish priority. Portugal was really a challenge, with more cash than average but little strength.

MONARCHIE AUTRICHINNE: The member of the Second Coalition, good military force and backup. Large amount of Austrian and Russian troops were assembled at the south frontier ready for the spring.

ROYAUME DE PRUSSE: The partition of Poland gave her many new territory and productions. But Friedrich Wihelm II did not join the Coalition. In the real world, a victory in Marengo would pull him in definitely, but unifying Germany, peut-etre, maybe... ... ...

EMPIRE DE TOUTES LES RUSSIES: Another beneficiary of the partition of Poland, with the largest territory in Europe, at that time, just loss the position of command on the continent in the Second Coalition. General Suvorov was on the way back home, but Russia herself could still play a important role in the war.

ROYAUME DE DANEMARK
ROYAUME DE SUEDE

Republique batave

Republique helvetique

Etats du Pape: She started with large amount of cash and in addition, I putted The Church of Nativity there to enhance the advantage though I know the right place should be Jerusalem. She was the member of the Second Coalition.

Royaume de NAPLES: She was the member of the Second Coalition.

Royaume de Sardaigne

EMPIRE OTTOMAN: A large Islamic empire in the west Asia and North Africa would have tremendous potential with a wise leader. But I am so sorry that I have no place for Mekka.

EMPIRE DE FES ET DE MAROC

SAXE, Baviere and Hesse: German states along the Rhine, a natural buffer between France and her enemies

Starting technology:
The average starting line was in the row including Diving Right, Physics and Naval Cannon. Rifle and cannon were definitely discovered, but I got something form Wikipedia that rifle was seldom used in early Napoleonic Age. So I thought MUSKETMAN should be the main power on the continent. On the other hand, every country had a few advantage techs such as many Europe countries gained the secret of Leadership, Flintlock and Chemistry, Britain was the first one who discovered Economics and France was the only one who had Liberalism. Of course, Ottoman and Maroc had some disadvantage.

Religion:
I renamed HINDUISM as Protestantismus and ZOROASTRIANISM as Eastern Orthodox in CIV4ProjectInfo.xml, I was lazy to make any other changes.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Just do not forget make a backup before you copy and paste my CIV4ProjectInfo.xml in Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\XML\GameInfo.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
I used KarlX’s Pre Napoleonic scenario (BtS) with the default Mod on the Europe 61*45 map as my basic map and modified it with some changes such as cut away some territory in mid-Asia and add or erasure some cities.
I got what I did not know form Wikipedia English, French and Chinese.

Good to see you over here, soleil!:)

BTW, Huge Earthmap 18 civs for RoM 2.3 is now at 700 downloads.;)

If you are talking about The Crusades! for BtS, that's indeed on a Huge Europemap and I must confess I haven't played it to the end myself. (I've asked if I should add an end date to it, but gotten no replies... I may post an update limiting the number of turns anyway, as it's not difficult to do.)

is there an even bigger map for this mod??? Huge Earthmap 18 civs for RoM 2.3 is a great map but its still too small for the european civs. i want to be able to have 3 or 4 cities on the iberian peninsula and in england. Genghis_Kai came out with a great map, but can't use it with this mod. please help.

doesn't work.....do you know if there is going to be a giant world map for RoM 3.0???

sorry, i mean 2.3
What usually doesn't work either is post your question in two different sections ;). I believe someone replied to you in the "normal" RoM 2.3 topic.

sorry.......they replied by then didn't answer my second question. all i want to know is if there is a giant map for RoM 2.3??? also, how do i alter a map, such as Genghis_Kai map for this mod???

I made a ROM version of the Giant Earth Map, albeit a very ad hoc one. I tried to keep it as true as possible to GEM, but there are a few things to keep in mind:

- The civs and city names can't be changed in WBS files, that I know of. So Poland is on the map, but it still has HRE city names.

- I placed the civs by memory, so some might be a tile or two from where they should be.

- I tried to be conservative with the placement of ROM resources, using the 28Civ Earth map that came with ROM as a template.

- I had to scrap Israel and the Australian civ, due to .dll limits.

Feedback is welcome.

EDIT: Get it here - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7403954&postcount=168

Cool!:goodjob:

(Although, if the civ is available in RoM, you can place it if you make sure to copy the exact same definitions used by RoM for that civ in the WBS, using Notepad to open it. Just a pity Poland isn't in.)

Top Bottom