[MapScript] Erebus Continent

sorry for not helping out earlier ^^

anyway, if you're talking about the vanilla civ4 climate option you see when using play now! , it's supposed to be ghosted out. erebuscontinent uses a different system, and all the "smart climate" option does is automatically set your tundra, jungle and desert settings based on the civs you have in play. read the first post for more info :)

I'm having issues with this mapscript. It works fine with RifE or Orbis, but when used with vanilla (or naval AI) it places civs so close to each other it's ridiculous. A custom sized map 48x30 (huge map is only 32x20)with only 14 civs and it crams them 3-8 tiles apart while leaving vast empty spaces. I once had a situation with 2 civs placed on adjacent tiles and a 3rd one 3 tiles away.

What values could I change to bring some sense into it?

I'm having issues with this mapscript. It works fine with RifE or Orbis, but when used with vanilla (or naval AI) it places civs so close to each other it's ridiculous. A custom sized map 48x30 (huge map is only 32x20)with only 14 civs and it crams them 3-8 tiles apart while leaving vast empty spaces. I once had a situation with 2 civs placed on adjacent tiles and a 3rd one 3 tiles away.

What values could I change to bring some sense into it?

Apparently the mapscript will place civs closer together if you choose the minimal or no flavor options.

Also, you can edit the WorldSizeType variables to try and space the civs farther apart (see this post for more info).

what Tholal said.

I've set it up like this:

# Varying distance preferences based on world size and cohesion
worldsizes = {
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_DUEL: [10,9,8],
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_TINY: [10,9,8],
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_SMALL: [12,11,10],
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_STANDARD: [12,11,10],
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_LARGE: [14,13,12],
WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_HUGE: [14,13,12]
}
#FlavourMod: Added by Jean Elcard 02/26/2009
if hasattr(WorldSizeTypes, "WORLDSIZE_GIANT"):
worldsizes[WorldSizeTypes.WORLDSIZE_GIANT] = [16,15,14]

and these values worked fine for me and others so far.

doubled might be too high ( they get ignored too often if they're too high, which means it'll use the defaults ) , but do let us know if it works fine for you :)

Well, my mapsize is about double the huge, so it's fine. Actually, I think it's still a little bit too tight.

Has anyone else ever noticed a tendency for Erebus Continents to create mountain ranges running next to the coast with just one land title between the two?

Has anyone else ever noticed a tendency for Erebus Continents to create mountain ranges running next to the coast with just one land title between the two?

That's a side effect of the way the tectonic plates are adjusted and the way I clean them up. Because mountain ranges and coasts are both typical found on plate boundries and the tectonics pass causes one plate to sink and the other to rise you can end up with high altitude differences between adjacent tiles and that difference is what is used to determine peak placement. This was causing a lot of mountain ranges to appear right on the coast with no passable land between the peak and the coast and that meant that large sections of the continent could be effectievly seperated by a mountain range running up to the coast and crossing a narrow stretch of land before running up to another coastline. Toss in an AI that can't handle naval invasions and you get a very boring game.

Just poking my head in, I haven't touched Civ 4 since Civ 5 was released so if you reply to me don't expect a timely answer :)

Awesome map. I was getting tired of the default Erebus and its constricting mountain ranges, but it was the only map that knew how to place certain FFH2 civs by certain terrain. This solves that problem nicely.

Any plans on introducing a similar script to the inland sea map? That was always my favorite as the perfect balance between land and sea.

Top Bottom