March Patch Notes (formerly february)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bet is that date will be set on ca. Tuesday.
Release will come on Friday :)

Or early March. I'm not too worried about release dates as long as development is continuing; I'd much rather have them take their time and resolve whatever issues are delaying things than push a buggy patch.

So this is the final patch? what a joke!

Your opinion, we respect it... but i'm growing tired of having to read it too often in both single liners or extensive acrobatic sarcasm. I'll just leave it at that and go on happily singing and dancing in the Rain watching the Parade while producing MODs.

Although i'll insist; this will be Patched -- again.

Not sure if that's a compliment or not. :confused:
Simply a Poetic thank you for actually helping out trying not to insult people's intelligence. You're gonna have to learn that as much as i like Red Spiders i'm also found of The Riddler.
After all, i play to live and lives to play. Paradoxal as it may seem, at first.

Simply a Poetic thank you for actually helping out trying not to insult people's intelligence. You're gonna have to learn that as much as i like Red Spiders i'm also found of The Riddler.
After all, i play to live and lives to play. Paradoxal as it may seem, at first.

Maybe I'm just a little slow, but your posts confuse me a bit.

Maybe I'm just a little slow, but your posts confuse me a bit.

Then we're both slow. :lol:

Seriously Zyxpsilon, I don't understand 90% of what you say... :) How do you do that? :lol:

Your opinion, we respect it... but i'm growing tired of having to read it too often in both single liners or extensive acrobatic sarcasm. I'll just leave it at that and go on happily singing and dancing in the Rain watching the Parade while producing MODs.

Although i'll insist; this will be Patched -- again.

This statement was in the release notes:
"With future patches we’ll continue to iterate through Civ V systems and fine tune the balance of each one. So far we’ve already identified combat, multiplayer, late-game policies, wonders and civilization-unique bonuses as additional areas that will benefit from this sort of attention. And as this journey progresses we promise to keep an ear to the ground for other areas the Civilization community may want us to address. Continued collaboration between community, our gameplay testers, and the development team will be nothing but a win for Civ V."

Not only will there be future patches, but they also told us to which parts of the game. I am disappointed in this patch that the AI didn't get more attention, but at least they understand that there is a problem. The thing I appreciate the most is their understanding that it is a collaborative effort. Although we, the players, only get one way communications - to the developers - at least it lets us know they are paying attention.

You know my name? James, Bond.

Zyx (3d graph axis including primes)
psi (the ability to use mythic extra-sensorial powers -- as in Espionage multi-tasking)
silo (Lieutenant grade, monitoring Nukes path between USSR & USA in CAFB Esquimalt radar stations during the late 70's cold war -- no joke, TRUTH!)
on (the web, today)

Clears up the "confusion", somehow?:nuke:

You know my name? James, Bond.

Zyx (3d graph axis including primes)
psi (the ability to use mythic extra-sensorial powers -- as in Espionage multi-tasking)
silo (Lieutenant grade, monitoring Nukes path between USSR & USA in CAFB Esquimalt radar stations during the late 70's cold war -- no joke, TRUTH!)
on (the web, today)

Clears up the "confusion", somehow?:nuke:

There, you did it again... :confused:

Ugly Cats are 10% slower than Spiders anyway.

:cry:

Ugly Cats are 10% slower than Spiders anyway.
I'm going to have to agree with the ugly cat. You're obviously far more learned than I am in programming matters, but you tend to overly rely on technobabble to get that point across, ultimately muddying whatever point you're making in the process.

It's a common problem any expert in a field faces, and is precisely why someone like Shafer, who can bridge the gap between expert technobabble and laymen terminology, is given more credit than he deserves. At least, I assume that's part of what he did in order to land the gig as lead developer.

Don't take it personally; you're better for the community than I am, even if people have a difficult time understanding what you're saying. Your contributions are far more helpful to developers than, say, my opinion is.

I also get the impression that English isn't your first language, but that's certainly not frowned upon here. CFC has possibly one of the best integrated global communities I've witnessed in any online game ever.

Also, here's one more element to add to your name; Psilon (as in Cylons, the robotic/android "race" from Battlestar Galactica, which in its most recent and kickass incarnation were significantly superior to their human counterparts, even if their motives were totally alien).

I think people simply dont understand what he is saying, not because of any lacking intelligence on their part or massive intelligence on his part, but rather due to pure gibberish being merged in his sentences in an attempt to further build an image as one of those supposedly well-read people who we all look up to.

Sadly there are alot of them online, whereby one can just copy paste some words looked up on theosaurus.com to build this image, without actually having the communication skills required to use them correctly, even understand them oneself or get the most simple of points across.

;)

I'll make sure to look that up on theosaurus.com. Time to get some tea from the black kettle!

Then we're both slow. :lol:

Seriously Zyxpsilon, I don't understand 90% of what you say... :) How do you do that? :lol:

I usually just assume he's on something. Darn patch is taking too long BTW.:rolleyes:

ICS style of play

From what I've seen its not the dominate style of play for multiplayer (NC start is preferred I believe)

Yes it is. Going NC first is a lot risky, unless you are isolated. 4 swords at your door at turn 40 while you are still expanding with only 1 or 2 warriors built = instant death.

Please don't bring back corruption (at least not like it was implemented in civ3), where there was no real way to actually tune it somehow. If your new city was too far away from the capital (or forbidden palace) it was absolutely useless to even place it.
One of the things I like in CiV is, that this is much more softcapped now, even if probably not implemented optimally yet.
I don't exactly know what I want to be implemented, but I exactly know what I don't want: Anything similar to civ3's corruption which made an otherwise great game actually unplayable for me.

A city far away from the capital should not be unproductive... it should be unhappy.

That is they key problem with civ "happiness" it has always been just a economic limiter.. civ 1-4 unhappiness->less productive population. and that was it.

So your cities should be more unhappy if
1. they are farther from your capital
2. you have lots of cities
3. Other cities are big (you have lots of imperial population)

Unhappiness should NOT lead to stopping population growth/unproductive citizens, instead it should lead to rebellions (one of the things I am glad they put in Civ5)

Policies could allow you to decrease happiness but increase maintenance (city buildings could have the same effect.)

In general a Big empire (either tall OR wide) should only be allowable with a level of technology (and/or culture)

I also get the impression that English isn't your first language, but that's certainly not frowned upon here.
Truth be told that i'm also an hybrid fool when it comes to online communications.
1- Poetry is more than just a challenge, it's philosophic enough to hide intent in complex allegories.
2- Art is a way to paint reality with personal warping effects, so to speak.
3- Québec is 90%+ French, indeed. The Montréal urban multi-cultural melting-pot is a Federal Gov trick to prevent Sovereignty in the Province.
4- I'm never on "something", Venerous. Caffeine maybe, in mornings or late evenings.
5- Nerd, Freak, Brain, Illiterate, Idiot, Genius, Boss and so on -- i've been called so often on bluff, i've lost track.
6- I'm happily retired (with bazillions stacked in a bank somewhere - that too i sometimes forget which) but still enjoy coding stuff.
7- And i'll do it all over again. So, brace yourselves. Lucky you, i hate typos - it might help us (at least) comprehend each others. Here's hoping.

Gosh, i'm sooooo Off-Topic - too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom