Votes: 5 7.5%
  • JosEPh_II

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Praetyre

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Epi3b1rD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I put it in my working Gamesfiles folder ( the folder I copied all the files FROM the SVN Folder TO) not the SVN Folder. I'm running on guesses here, cause I've Never done this before. So I'm trying to figure it out on the fly and with next to NO instructions.

JosEPh (flustered and confused)

The log shows that the save game for rev 9 (Joseph) was uploaded to the wrong place (the root instead of inside the 'Save+TurnList' folder. So my guess is that Il Principe has used the save game from the right place, which was still the rev 8 one, so you're both playing the same civ at a guess and Joseph's save wound up in the wrong place.

@Joseph - if you have no commit option you've done something wrong. Where did you copy the save game the game produced at the end of your turn to? Looks like you didn't put it in the right folder??

So if he commits his save corrctly I just need to grab it and do my turn again with a new civ?

I put it in my working Gamesfiles folder ( the folder I copied all the files FROM the SVN Folder TO) not the SVN Folder. I'm running on guesses here, cause I've Never done this before. So I'm trying to figure it out on the fly and with next to NO instructions.

JosEPh (flustered and confused)

You need to copy it to your SVN working folder (that's the one that the SVN update put it in - i.e. - the one SVN controls on your machine) and then do a Commit of that folder (the 'Save+TurnList' one). If you were doing it from somewhere else that would be why there was no 'commit' option.

Okay put the file in the SVN Save+Turnlist folder after deleting what was in there originally. Did a Commit.

Now the Save has a Red ! mark and the turn list has a Purple ? mark. Now what? <sigh>

JosEPh :(

Okay put the file in the SVN Save+Turnlist folder after deleting what was in there originally. Did a Commit.

Now the Save has a Red ! mark and the turn list has a Purple ? mark. Now what? <sigh>

JosEPh :(

Which folder did you do the commit on? 'Save+TurnList' ? The log shows rev 11 contains a new save file but not the turnlist file.

A red ! means 'this file is different to what has been committed' (implies you have an uncommitted local modification). The ? I'm not sure, but rev 11 definitely didn't include that file.

Which folder did you do the commit on? 'Save+TurnList' ?

Yes

The log shows rev 11 contains a new save file but not the turnlist file.

A red ! means 'this file is different to what has been committed' (implies you have an uncommitted local modification). The ? I'm not sure, but rev 11 definitely didn't include that file.

The turn list was in the Save+Turn Folder list along with the save game file.

Do I try again?

JosEPh

Yes

The turn list was in the Save+Turn Folder list along with the save game file.

Do I try again?

JosEPh

Ok I found out what the ? means - see http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-dug-wcstatus.html

I think that implies that you didn't do a checkout of the folder in the first place (did you do an export rather than a checkout?). Just for the sake of the turnlist file I wouldn't worry about it for now.

In regard to the save game if you right click and select SVN 'diff with previous version' does it think they are different? If so what happens when you do SVN Commit now? Does it find any files it thinks it should commit? (if so I suggest you do)

I've done all I can figure out.
It's all Green check mark now.
JosEPh :/

Create a sourceforge account and let me know your username so I can add you. I suggest you also get the SVN downloaded so you're good to go as soon as necessary.

Is my account added to the list? When I try to check out with the SVN using this code
svn+ssh://meganix1@svn.code.sf.net/p/c2cmp/code/trunk c2cmp-code

I've been asked to enter a password. What is the password?

Should I just take my turn with the files he put one folder too high and then move them where they belong ( and commit), or wait for him to ove everything in place?

I'm not touching this thing again today Period!

JosEPh :( :mad:

Is my account added to the list? When I try to check out with the SVN using this code

Your password for sourceforge log in, is the password.

Is now. Sorry I hadn't done it sooner. It's your password you need (now I've added you)

Top Bottom