Massive slowdown mid-late game

Thank you everyone this was super helpful. So according to this screen shot, I am better than minimum but not up to recommended level because my AMD processor is 3.50 ghz, and the recommended is 4.0 ghz? (I checked and I do have 4GH VRAM. )

It's not as cut and dry as 3GHz vs 4GHz when it comes to measuring CPUs. There are things like core counts, pipelines, cache speed, etc. etc.

Look at it this way: You have a AMD FX6000 series CPU. They recommend that you have at least a FX8000 series CPU or something else equivalent or better (such as a 4thGeneration Intel i5 or i7 or any AMD Ryzen etc)

If you're having performance issues, and want to make sure you're doing what you can, go into options graphics settings. I would advise firstly trying FOW Quality on lowest. That controls the clouds on the edges quality. Also try cutting frame rate down.

Otherwise you have the predetermined Graphics Presets which you can play around with.

Note: we do know there is more to optimise, and it's an ongoing process. Optimisation has come a long way, but there is still further to go.

upload_2021-2-18_16-18-22.png

Thx so much for taking the time to jump in. I'll try this out, and it's great to hear that it's still being worked on.

Oh also FWIW. The yellow text message I get every time i load a game in the loading screen says:

Warning: Replay: discarded corrupt data
Warning: Over 10000 pool allocations for TenCrowns.GameCore.Text.TextVariable.
There might be a resource leak.

Yes, we're very much aware of that message coming up. It is in relation to the amount of assets we have in the game. We're actually hitting the maximum that Unity can handle in one asset bundle. We're working on solutions for this, but it does take some time to move things around in asset bundles and making sure it doesn't break anything when we do it.

Believe me, I've seen it all. Even pink box rivers. :p

upload_2021-2-19_17-0-23.png

Yes, we're very much aware of that message coming up. It is in relation to the amount of assets we have in the game. We're actually hitting the maximum that Unity can handle in one asset bundle. We're working on solutions for this, but it does take some time to move things around in asset bundles and making sure it doesn't break anything when we do it.

Believe me, I've seen it all. Even pink box rivers. :p

View attachment 586914

Looks like a new scenario: Old World: Aliens Invade

Top Bottom