Master of Mana Xtended

Ok.

I propose to stick these topics, by asking it to a moderator. It's important that anyone especially the new comers can always see them.

If one day Sephi come back, a subforum for your mod would be good Evasth but now I think we can say that Extended can occupy the MoM forum without causing any problem. ^^ :

- Civ: favorites and balance discussion (should be renamed [Xtended Mod] CIv : favorites and balance discussion : Link.

- Bug Thread - Master of Mana Xtended 3.0 (should be renamed [Xtended Mod] Bug Thread - Master of Mana Xtended 3.0 : Link.

- Leaders and Traits (should be renamed [Xtended Mod] Leaders and Traits : Link.

Hiring mercenaries doesn't seem to be working. Selling slaves doesn't give money after the first upgrade. I also can't build forts or watermills.

Two more observations:

1) The Mercurians most definitely don't get the full +strength bonus from technologies, only from the ones you research AFTER you built the Mercurian Gate. I finished research a while ago and for example their angels are at 19 (17 + 2 holy) strength, while they should be at 35 (33 +2 holy). They get all the other benefits from prior research, makes no sense to exclude them from the +strength bonus, they are basically useless when spawned late into the game.

2) Every 10-15 games the AI wins a cultural victory way too early into the game, like between turns 100-200 or so (on slowest speed Marathon). I opened the worldbuilder and found out that this is primarily "caused" by the AI capturing enemy cities, but it can also happen with the ones they build themselves. In the pictures below you see the insane culture values of these cities, and it all seems to happen in a couple of turns. Then the culture skyrockets for no apparent reason, even turning NEGATIVE in the process. This is especially frustrating, because there is no way to compensate for it like with the Mercurian problem, it just happens and the game you just invested 200 turns into is gone.

EDIT: Just got this myself for the first time, playing as the Lanun. I had just defeated an enemy faction and captured their capital, then after a few turns the numbers went crazy. Poduction/Culture/Faith went all over the place, jumping from 5-6 digit positive to 5-6 digit negative values. I attached an additional screenshot, look at the citizen tooltip on the lower right hand side, they seem to be the true cause for all of this. Anybody else experienced this? I'm having a hard time to believe I'm the first one with this problem (clean install btw, not tinkered with in any way).

Hmm, one week without a reply, it seems I am indeed the only one with the problem :D Could this even be caused by a bad installation? I mean, it's not there right from the get-go, and like I said, it only happens ever so often.

Hi

Looking good... but some bugs still linger:

Started a 3 player hot-seat and found out that Dural have NOT build even their first city.
At turn 24, this is quite the effort. A picture of that:

Also, I think I have reported about this, but the Scions couldn't make the Rise of the Legend, as the event does not give the unit. Please, please correct this bug, as it is very annoying.

Thanks for the great effort guys - we do enjoy the new things in the mod.

It is a known bug: if AI somehow have their starting units on Lost Temples/Mana Shrines/Witch Huts/other permanent improvements, they will get stuck, unable to build their first city and won't expand at all. Strangely, Barbarians or other civs won't attack them either.

Well, Carnival Bizarre has done something in the dll to address this, iirc. Hopefully, he managed to fix this.

On Scion and Local Legend: I'll check on that.

Hiring Mercenaries, Buying/Selling Slaves, Forts and Watermill are fixed. Thanks for the report!

I noticed that workshops don't get bonus from pasture. I searched for some terms in CvPlot.cpp and didn't find anything that readable that looked pertinent to that. I could probably fix it if I knew where that check was supposed to be and it was some minor flaw.

I found a function for it in CvImprovementSystem.cpp with Windows Grep:

Spoiler :
Code:
// function returns Yieldincrease on this plot caused by Improvement on pPlot
int CvPlot::calculateExtraYieldfromAdjacentPlot(CvPlot* pPlot, YieldTypes eYield, ImprovementTypes eImprovement, ImprovementTypes eImprovementAdjacent) const
{
	if(pPlot == NULL)
		return 0;

if(eImprovementAdjacent == NO_IMPROVEMENT)
		return 0;

int iValue = 0;

bool bHasCottage = false;
	if(eImprovement != NO_IMPROVEMENT) {
		ImprovementTypes eUpgrade = (ImprovementTypes)GC.getIMPROVEMENT_COTTAGE();
		while(eUpgrade != NO_IMPROVEMENT) {

if(eImprovement == eUpgrade)
				bHasCottage = true;

eUpgrade = (ImprovementTypes)GC.getImprovementInfo(eUpgrade).getImprovementUpgrade();
		}
	}

switch(eYield)
	{
		case YIELD_FOOD:
			if(eImprovementAdjacent == GC.getIMPROVEMENT_WINDMILL()) {
				iValue += (eImprovement == GC.getIMPROVEMENT_FARM()) ? 1 : 0;
			}
			else if(eImprovementAdjacent == GC.getIMPROVEMENT_GROUNDWATER_WELL()) {
				iValue += (eImprovement == GC.getIMPROVEMENT_FARM() || eImprovement == GC.getIMPROVEMENT_PASTURE()) ? 1 : 0;
			}
			break;
		case YIELD_PRODUCTION:
			if(bHasCottage) {
				if(eImprovementAdjacent == GC.getIMPROVEMENT_QUARRY() || (eImprovementAdjacent == GC.getIMPROVEMENT_WATERMILL())) {
					iValue += 1;
				}
			}
			else if(eImprovementAdjacent == GC.getIMPROVEMENT_PASTURE()) {
				iValue += (eImprovement == GC.getIMPROVEMENT_WORKSHOP()) ? 1 : 0;
			}
			break;
		default:
			break;
	}

//Count Improvement Only Once
	return iValue;
}

However, that says cottages get production boost from quarry and watermill rather than workshop, whereas I know that workshop does boost. So the game can't really be using that.

I found a function for it in CvImprovementSystem.cpp with Windows Grep:

However, that says cottages get production boost from quarry and watermill rather than workshop, whereas I know that workshop does boost. So the game can't really be using that.

There is so much code and legacy stuff that has been broken or removed, half the problem is knowing if something is still used or not. It is really hard to know what is functional or not.

I have the feeling we should start removing things and trim down the code etc etc.

Do you have any want to contribute dll coding ThePinkFox?

I can confirm that this function was used in an earlier version of MoM : the first one that had improvement synergies installed... and that it is not used anymore.

All I know about C++ is similarity with Java as that is what I use. But if an outstanding bug seems solvable for me I'll probably try.

How do you unpack MoM.fpk?

C++ is complicated, but Java is a good start. I would love to get some other dll people in too, because there are just many bugs that need fixing, that usually require 1 line of code, but detective work to find out where and how it should be fixed.

MoM.fpk, what file is that?

Currently, a hero can never capture a camp alone because of the respawn (unless given multiple attacks). While that is annoying at times, it's also an exploit -- an endless source of XP farming once the battle chance is 100%.

I suggest that the automatic respawn of a dungeon/camp defender every turn be reduced to 60% chance of respawn per turn.

I think that the problems with the Kuriotates are caused by an event. I've created all the units that Kuriotates may create without crash.

Whoeee, I haven't checked back on the Master of Mana mod for a while... thought it was dead after the site went down. Then I found this. Wow! A lot of activity. A whole lot.

So cool. Just had to say that.

Top Bottom