Master of Mana Xtended

Does hell terrain spread this time? I know the old dev had a very specific idea in mid about hell terrain. He wanted the hell terrain to be contained only in a certain 'world' that he created in the old build, so its spread was turned off.

Since this build seems to be going in a different direction, it might as well spread again. Seeing the entire world be taken over was always satisfying.

*EDIT* I also get HUNDREDS of XML errors when I try and load it, and then it crashes.

*EDIT* Opps, installed it wrong. I got it working now.

Hell terrain spread too much, too early and only on your own territory when you have Ashen Veil as religion. It destroys your economy before you have a chance to get Sacrifice the Weak. Fixing the temple district may help though.

Playing as Doviello, what does Lucian's ability "awaken cold iron" do? I can keep pressing the ability and Lucian didn't change. However, I can press the ability at the end of the movement and "kill the unit" to move/attack again. I think this is not intended??

I might be wrong, but normally "awaken cold iron" is supposed to "upgrade" Lucian into "Lucian Cold Iron" and is available only with a given tech...
I don't know why it works like you describe.

Lucian Coldiron is buildable in the beginning, so there is no upgrade from "Lucian". Once I have the pre-req for casting awaken cold iron, then the game thinks that Lucian coldiron #1 died, and Lucian coldiron #2 is now a new unit, with full HP and move speed. Rinse and repeat until I kill everything =)

I get dozens XML errors when i'm trying to run this mod after replacing Assets. Without them it works just fine.

I get dozens XML errors when i'm trying to run this mod after replacing Assets. Without them it works just fine.

Common issue, make sure the mod is installed in the game's main directory mod folder, not my documents mod folder.

Dear Master of Mana fans, I need your help.

Until earlier today I was playing and enjoying an earlier version of MoM, then through sheer coincidence I became aware that there's a version 2.11 along with the Xtended thing being discussed right here. So I downloaded the 2.11 install file and Xtended, deleted the old version, and installed the new one.

And now it doesn't work, as I get the GFC error mentioned in the first post. My path is "c:\Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana", so it should work but doesn't.

I've removed the whole thing again and reinstalled just MoM 2.11, without Xtended, and it still gives me the GFC error. Now, as far as I can tell, there's no actual information in this thread on what to do in this case (though it seems like other have the same problem), so I guess it's not likely to be fixed in the foreseeable future. Therefore, it's not what I'm asking help with.

What I am asking help with is this: could someone please give me a download link to some earlier, pre-2.11 version of the game, without Xtended? At this point I'm just desperate to get MoM running again at all, even if with an older version.

EDIT: I've been working on this problem since I've posted the above yesterday. It seems like all versions numbered 2.0 alpha or later refuse to run on my computer, giving a GFC error, so I've given up on that. I've also found a copy of v1.3 kicking around, and that one works fine. I'm presently trying to recover what I had previously, v1.42.

Now, I've managed to scavenge a v1.40 to v1.42 patch and three other patches that must be applied on top of v1.42. The big problem is that I can find neither v1.40 (which I could then patch up to v1.42), nor a self-contained v1.42 file. A site called Software Informer claims to have the v1.40 install file on storage, but apparently "it's not on our server, we'll send you an automated email once the server gets updated", and honestly, I doubt it will ever happen. I would be very grateful if someone could point it towards the files I need.

Dear Master of Mana fans, I need your help.

Until earlier today I was playing and enjoying an earlier version of MoM, then through sheer coincidence I became aware that there's a version 2.11 along with the Xtended thing being discussed right here. So I downloaded the 2.11 install file and Xtended, deleted the old version, and installed the new one.

And now it doesn't work, as I get the GFC error mentioned in the first post. My path is "c:\Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana", so it should work but doesn't.

I've removed the whole thing again and reinstalled just MoM 2.11, without Xtended, and it still gives me the GFC error. Now, as far as I can tell, there's no actual information in this thread on what to do in this case (though it seems like other have the same problem), so I guess it's not likely to be fixed in the foreseeable future. Therefore, it's not what I'm asking help with.

What I am asking help with is this: could someone please give me a download link to some earlier, pre-2.11 version of the game, without Xtended? At this point I'm just desperate to get MoM running again at all, even if with an older version.

EDIT: I've been working on this problem since I've posted the above yesterday. It seems like all versions numbered 2.0 alpha or later refuse to run on my computer, giving a GFC error, so I've given up on that. I've also found a copy of v1.3 kicking around, and that one works fine. I'm presently trying to recover what I had previously, v1.42.

Now, I've managed to scavenge a v1.40 to v1.42 patch and three other patches that must be applied on top of v1.42. The big problem is that I can find neither v1.40 (which I could then patch up to v1.42), nor a self-contained v1.42 file. A site called Software Informer claims to have the v1.40 install file on storage, but apparently "it's not on our server, we'll send you an automated email once the server gets updated", and honestly, I doubt it will ever happen. I would be very grateful if someone could point it towards the files I need.

Try a clean install of BTS (delete the BTS directory after uninstall). Next, run Master of Mana Full Setup.exe > Master of Mana 2.11.exe. See if you can run that by it self. Then unzip into a random folder and the drag and drop into the folder, I dont trust unzip sometimes with directory issues. THEN rename the folder to "Master of Mana". Try renaming to something else afterwards if it doesn't work initially and the name is "Master of Mana".

Try a clean install of BTS (delete the BTS directory after uninstall). Next, run Master of Mana Full Setup.exe > Master of Mana 2.11.exe. See if you can run that by it self. Then unzip into a random folder and the drag and drop into the folder, I dont trust unzip sometimes with directory issues. THEN rename the folder to "Master of Mana". Try renaming to something else afterwards if it doesn't work initially and the name is "Master of Mana".

Thanks, I'll try that when I have the time to tinker around with it later this month.

Also, it occurs to me that I don't know where Civ4 keeps the saved game files, but my account name on this computer includes non-English letter. Never been a problem with other mods, but who knows, it might be a related issue? Just a note.

Hi guys

i have a problem trying to run the mod... all i get is the GFC error: failed to initialize primary control theme...

... and the folder name is >Master of Mana<... been so since the installation of the mod (downloaded from here a few days ago)

modpath c://games/civ4/Beyond the Sword/Mods/Master of Mana

any suggestions?

btw my civ 4 edition is bts v. 3.19

This bug comes mostly if your resource folder, that contains the hub colors, are either is in the wrirng place or the 2 files in the resource file, i think civ4.thm which contains a mod path, is not definef right.
Also the civ4artmisc. Xml might not define the mod path currectly, regarding the theme path.
Check those out.

thank you for suggestions

i just realized what went wrong... i only installed MoM v. 2.11
my mistake, instructions in the OP clearly say that i needed the preceeding one, too.

thanks guys

This is my favorite mod in Civ 4. Is there any similar mod in Civ 5? As I can't found this kind of Sword and Magic mod in Civ 5

in C5, I think there are 3-4 like that...
from memory:
-FAerun
-Ea (but it hasn't been updated in a while, but I heard that the beta is quite stable)
-warcraft (in dev/ follow it on steam ; I don't know if it is playable yet)
-SiegeMod : a scenario.
-Heroes of Might and Wisdom (which roughly add heroes and spell in you vanilla CiV)

in progress: (but IIRC not playable yet : you wil lhave to contact the creators to know if playable:)
-S3rgeus wheel of time (set in the wheel of time series)
-Warhammer fantasy battle

But truth to tell : none of them (save maybe Faerun-as I haven't played it yet) are up to FFH2 Standard :D

I'm also getting the "GFC error: failed to initialize primary control theme" problem. Installed as per instructions into the main directory. It doesn't run 2.11 Vanilla by itself either.

Top Bottom