Master of Myrror Fantasy Mod 2.0

Absolutely fantastic mod. I've been playing nonstop and even have gone to work late because of it, hehe. But, I do have a question, more of a general question pertaining to all mods, regarding incorporting outside mp3s within the mod. Is this possible? I'd like to put in some eerie organ music (since I'm playing Tauron) instead of the cheery default music that came with Civ. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how do I go about doing it?

You can't? :wow: I could with my old computer, 450 MHz. Start winamp before you start civ, otherwise you can get choppy sound.
Also, with that computer I had some problems with Winamp 3, so if the new winamp 5 don't work for you, try to get hold of an old version of winamp 2 (I think 2.72 or something was the last version). :)

Stormrage said:
Wow, I wish I could run Winamp and Civ at the same time :sad:
Even my comp can. But i do get a crap load of virtual memory VERY low errors. It still works. :)

Stormrage said:
I`ve only got 128 RAM :(
So do I. (it's the maximum i can add)
When i had Windows 98 installed i had 127 RAMs. The last one got screwed and was corrupting files randomly.

I ran into some computer trouble roughly two weeks ago - corrupted system folder and as I messed something up while fixing it, I've now got a computer where I can access all the files, but the registry is messed up meaning that many of the programs don't work any more. Luckily I have another computer, but all Civ related stuff is on the other one. Also, the real life workload has been pretty heavy these last few weeks so I don't think there's going to be a release in the near future after all.

Maybe I should just repackage the current beta 2.0 into a final release. It's been out now for ages and I haven't got any complaints about its balance, bugs or other stuff.

I guess it's only appropriate that I post my farewell note here, in the thread that has defined my Civ3-existence and is the standing monument to the countless hours I spent with Master of Myrror in one form or another. During the last couple of years, it became more of a love/hate -relationship with the incompleteness of the mod nagging me and pushing me forward, but my real life responsibilities and lack of enthusiasm dragging me back.

However, it was always fun and despite it not being as much fun as it used to be in the beginning, I never lost sight of the fact that Master of Myrror was one heck of an achievement for me. I've never done a project of this magnitude and I will remember Master of Myrror and the whole Civ3 modding experience for the rest of my life. It was great because of you people - knowing that there are people out there who spend hours with my mod and feel the magic that I've tried to weave into the mod.

It was May 2006 when I started this hiatus that ultimately became my retirement from Civ3 modding and community participation. Of course my precense here had already diminished greatly with the birth of my son in September 2005, but after May I've hardly visited CFC. Now I have an another baby on the way (due June 2007) and I have way too many things to do in my life - I couldn't spare even fifteen minutes a day for modding right now.

So, with this, I let go of Master of Myrror for the last time. It's not really fair to say that I never finished it - I did finish it in June 2004 with 1.01, but my ambition kept me going and adding more stuff. Now I leave the whole thing in the state that it is right now - no wrapping up into one download and stuff like that. It should've been done almost two years ago, no point in doing it now with Civ3 modding slowly fading.

I wish each and everyone of you all the best. I enjoyed my time at CFC enormously and I hope our paths cross in the future in one way or another. Cheers!

It was nice having you around Drift! Do drop by once in a while, without feeling the need to update us on anything more than what's going on with the family. :)

Cheers!

:wavey:

I hear you. It's a shame you must leave us, but what's to be done is to be done, I guess.

Thanks for being a great contribution to the community. :hatsoff:

:salute:

Another Legend leaves the forum due to that fatal, sexually transmitted disease called RL. :sigh:

Thank you for your contribution to the forum. :salute:

Top Bottom