FV 432 APC

MatteM's unit modeling and retexturing workshop 2018-11-05

Maybe. But you can't rely on everyone having it, especially if they play modded. And even that patch only gets the game up to the maximum of 4GB. And that has to fit all the units, textures and music. And that fills up quickly. Plus you have to consider loading times as well.

Well that's true, I read up on the 32-bit RAM-issue, some real knowledgable people on this forum I have to say, which is great! Regarding my mod it will be huge with thousands of unit models and stuff but it is supposed to be a scenario platform rather than to be played from 4000 bc to 2100 AD, even though that will be a possibility. Since I hardly ever play the game because I have to mod it, when RAM is maxed from all the stuff put into it, will the game CTD? Would a solution then be to restart (given that you constantly save)? I have seen reports from large mods of CTDs from the memory being maxed, at least that was my impression.

Honestly I do not know what will happen. I do not think it has ever happened. But I have a gut feeling that the instability of some huge mods with lots of units such as RiFE might be due to bad memory management. I can't prove it though. Well, I potentially could but I don't feel like designing and running those experiments.

I think there is a way to deal with the MAFs caused by too many units. There is a modcomp 'Graphical Paging'. IIRC it was developed by C2C team (or not?). AND2 and CoM also has it.

Cool, I installed AND2, I think the latest version from 2017 or something from moddb.com, I will look into making a version of the mod with AND2 as a base, I saw some interesting things that was implemented that is not in RevDCM which I am currently using.

I will however need to remove some stuff from it that will not be used, glad to see however that they have not implemented a whole lot of new units, buildings, improvements and such so shouldn't take that long, and to my immense joy the random event- images
are implemented, good for scenarios :)

Edit: The latest version was from 2022 apparently lol

Last edited:
Cool, I installed AND2, I think the latest version from 2017
That's certainly not the latest version.
But you can also try my Chronicles of Mankind mod, which is a modmod of AND2 with quite some improvements.
and to my immense joy the random event- images
Oh yeah, in the next version of CoM event images will be replaced with much nicer ones:
Spoiler :

1673861734294.png
1673861754691.png
1673861779627.png

That's certainly not the latest version.
But you can also try my Chronicles of Mankind mod, which is a modmod of AND2 with quite some improvements.

Oh yeah, in the next version of CoM event images will be replaced with much nicer ones:

Good work on the event images, they do add a lot of flavour, plain text boxes are really boring, can’t understand why Firaxis never addes images to events.

Good work on the event images, they do add a lot of flavour, plain text boxes are really boring, can’t understand why Firaxis never addes images to events.
Budget I guess. As modder I can use any pic I find on the net but they have to pay for an artist.
...or they just ran out of time.

There were a lot of options and customization boxes so must have missed it!

In principle, even without this option, the С2С did not collapse in a very hard mode: on a maximum-sized map with almost completely mastered land and the option of animals appearing inside cultural borders enabled. That is, with a crowd of hunters chasing crows blocking the road :) . In general, Civ4 obviously has limitations, but if the mod is bug-free, they are less radical than one might assume.

Hello! I had to take a break from unit-making to focus on the mod, I am currently doing the tech tree. I am using Rise of Mankind - A new dawn as a base which has a lot of cool features. But it meant I had to make a "clean" version of that mod in order to implement my ideas, this is how the Sevopedia interface looks:

Sevopedia screen.jpg

Does it simulate the 18th-20th centuries?
From a look at the techs on the screenshot no. It should be a full history: Archery, Baroque, Chariotry, etc.

My mod will have 300+ tech quotes by Leonard Nimoy as well, that alone will make it worth a download :cool:
Where did you get those quotes? Are they deepfake AI generated or did you use some necromancy to ake him speak? :lol:

Can you reveal your mod? Does it simulate the 18th-20th centuries?

Unfortunately it is a bit of a mess since only techs are being added, eventually there will be a github or similiar space for it. And yes it does simulate 6000BC (there abouts) to 2050, maybe even further but after 2050 is very speculative when it comes to tech.

From a look at the techs on the screenshot no. It should be a full history: Archery, Baroque, Chariotry, etc.

Where did you get those quotes? Are they deepfake AI generated or did you use some necromancy to ake him speak? :lol:

Yes they are from AI bot (fakeyou.com), now there is a lot of work still because the results really require cleaning in software, and not all quotes work, but I am very happy with the results so far, I have made about 60 up until now :)

Top Bottom