Mayan UHV is too hard

Between turn 75 and turn 180, all techs cost 50% more beakers.

They're equivalent, but before 600 AD is when techs are more expensive.

Whats the best way to conquer Danni Baa? I built cats but by the time I conquered it it was too late to build Temple of Kukulkan. Any ideas?

Whats the best way to conquer Danni Baa? I built cats but by the time I conquered it it was too late to build Temple of Kukulkan. Any ideas?

Build it in Danni Baa (chop down forests, build mines even upon dyes) or try to get a great engineer in time, but Great engineer is a matter of lack.

I tried that, and used cats but was way off still. it seemed to me that Danni Baa was getting stronger than me, They built a ton of warriors.

Seriously taking so long to get Danni Baa. I've tried a few different methods but it takes too long to produce enough cats and holkans. If I settle outside of Core I end up collapsing as well, so that doesn't seem to be an option. I settled Olximche second to try to whip more cats but even that isn't working.

Generally, Maya requires strategy AND luck. I haven't heard of strategy that didn't have some kind of extreme luck in it. Maybe playing in heir to exploit the tech bonus can make things easier.

eh so t75=50BC in RFC? Or does DOM change the mayan spawn date?
and since when was 600ad t180?
The mod has changed dramatically since these posts were made, I would ignore pretty much all of the info in this thread, those posts included.

быть первым, кто откроет астрономию - это слишком сложно. Если мне не повезет, я могу сделать это в 1480 году в лучшем виде и все равно проиграть испанцам.

Как мне это удалось однажды в 1435 году? В этой игре Оракул, Колосс, Великая Светлячка не были построены, поэтому я построил их все и оракулировал гильдии.

Кстати, если вы играете в майя, я настоятельно рекомендую город для меди: Ванкувер. Нашел его на медном холме, он может принести 2 серебра и 1 золото и мрамор, а также имеет 7 вершин, может построить Макку Пикачу :)crazyeye:).
To start. To win, you need to establish contact with the civilization of the old world, you do not have to swim to them. The easiest way to meet Vikings in North America. Building a city in Vancouver is bullfeathers. In general, UHV for Maya, easy

Seriously taking so long to get Danni Baa. I've tried a few different methods but it takes too long to produce enough cats and holkans. If I settle outside of Core I end up collapsing as well, so that doesn't seem to be an option. I settled Olximche second to try to whip more cats but even that isn't working.
This might feel a bit gamey.

Try to find out what the computers tactics are when you approach Danni Baa in different ways.
I myself found great use in warriors (iirc) to lure the enemy out of the city.

To start. To win, you need to establish contact with the civilization of the old world, you do not have to swim to them. The easiest way to meet Vikings in North America. Building a city in Vancouver is bullfeathers. In general, UHV for Maya, easy
Do you autotranslate to Russian? Великая Светлячка :lmao:

This might feel a bit gamey.

Try to find out what the computers tactics are when you approach Danni Baa in different ways.
I myself found great use in warriors (iirc) to lure the enemy out of the city.
The message you quoted is soon five years old!
However the issue in specific is still relevant. What I did in my Maya game a few months ago (Regent/Standard, I have doubts about the possibility of winning the UHV on Monarch+) was settle my capital on the corn tile, preventing Dannibaa from appearing and allowing me to secure the stone early, and defended it from the barbs with hill promoted archers. Though this has obvious drawbacks. Probably not the optimal move but I did manage to win the UHV in that playthrough.

сообщению, которое вы процитировали, скоро исполнится пять лет!
Однако этот конкретный вопрос по-прежнему актуален. То, что я сделал в своей игре Майя несколько месяцев назад (Регент/стандарт, у меня есть сомнения относительно возможности выиграть UHV на Monarch+), заключалось в том, что я поселил свой капитал на кукурузной плитке, предотвратив появление Даннибаа и позволив мне рано закрепить камень, а также защитил его от колючек с помощью продвинутых лучников холма. Хотя у этого есть очевидные недостатки. Возможно, это был не самый оптимальный ход, но мне все же удалось выиграть УВЧ в этом прохождении.
О сложности монарха. Вы можете выиграть UHV для любой цивилизации.

The message you quoted is soon five years old!
However the issue in specific is still relevant. What I did in my Maya game a few months ago (Regent/Standard, I have doubts about the possibility of winning the UHV on Monarch+) was settle my capital on the corn tile, preventing Dannibaa from appearing and allowing me to secure the stone early, and defended it from the barbs with hill promoted archers. Though this has obvious drawbacks. Probably not the optimal move but I did manage to win the UHV in that playthrough.

Indeed! silly me.:rolleyes: Thanks for pointing it out.

Since my desktop left this place for a better world my connection to the internet has been established by either a mobile phone or the twenty years old laptop I am typing on right now. Neither of which I deem able to run civ4. Combined with the time thas has passed since I achieved that UHV (over a year) I am hesitant to give you any advice on winning on a higher difficulty level.

I can give you some words of encouragement though, in case you want to attempt the victory on a higher difficulty level.

First I got the really herpfull tip here on the forum to go meet the civ that sends boats in sight from the greenland coast before the techs to cross the atlantic/pacific are researched. (found the city to bypass unsailable coasts after you got the necessary techs researched, it was a drain on my economy)

Second Use great people to pop techs. I don't know if this small issue has already has been adressed. But in case it isn't, the icons indicating what techs the great person will reasearch when used to bulb are hard to read. I recall adjusting my techpath to get the most bulbs out of my great people to get the necessary techs asap.

Third I captured Dannibaa really fast. Iirc I built my capitol one plot up from the starting position because it had acces to more food than the starting position (albeit at the cost of no acces to fresh water) and still was able to mine the silver. Dannibaa turned out to be a great asset for building military units and the Temple of Kukulkan to achieve the UHV (I remember posting the temple of Kukulkan gave no tangible benefit to Dannibaa back then)

Top Bottom